Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Steeler Thread !

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wanted to drop by and say Good Luck Jets .......... I do not think snow will be a factor as it was last season as I recall ........

Not here to bash you guys and gals, but respect for the Jets has always been there for me and wanted to wish you well .......

Going to be an awesome game !

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to it. Big Ben is unreal! Sturdy competitor and obviously a winner. It makes me laugh to see the Giants (as a local rival) struggle with Eli as Ben rolls on. Both the Jets and Steelers have been getting the job done in their games this year. Should be a good one.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

Lets have a good game with no injuries!

You guys have the real deal in Big Ben.

The entire world probably does not think that the Jets can beat you guys in Steel town but you guys are gonna get a dose of the Green and White on sunday.

It's gonna be great and the bar I attend in Orlando has a ton of Steelers fans there.....it's going to be classic.

See ya next week!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man my excitement for this game started around 8:30 pm yesterday... [color=green][SIZE=3]I CAN'T WAIT![/color][/SIZE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard.

Should be interesting Sunday.

Here is a question for you since it was bounced around the board last week concerning rivals. Who would Steeler fans consider their most hated rival ?

If I were taking a guess it would be the Raiders considering all the hard hitting games you guys had back in the 70's and into the 80's Just interested in your opinion. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shawn306[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:35 AM
    [b] Welcome aboard.

Should be interesting Sunday.

Here is a question for you since it was bounced around the board last week concerning rivals. Who would Steeler fans consider their most hated rival ?

If I were taking a guess it would be the Raiders considering all the hard hitting games you guys had back in the 70's and into the 80's Just interested in your opinion. :D [/b][/quote]
    I am no stranger to the board here, I got involved with the Madden Football League, all of you have shown class and are first class fans .... My hat is tipped to each of you !

I quit playing because I could not win ...... :(

Probably our most Heated Rival is the Ravens then the Browns ! Yes, your right about the Raiders back in the old days ..... That was the battle !

Jets and the Steelers are teams that in my opinion show respect for each other, both teams have decent coaches and players ... Martin is a PGH native and Chad is a great QB, I am surprised about Ben, seems we got the cream of the crop .... We play the Giants after you and hopefully we can beat them ......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Steel,
    Do you collect football cards? Big Ben's cards are absolutely through the roof right now. Some of his auto/jersey cards are catching anywhere from 4 to 8 hundred on ebay. Its absolutely crazy. Luckily I have most of his regular rookie cards, but I will not think about getting an auto until things cool down on him a bit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a collector ...... Maybe I should buy some packs ?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    House of Steel: What is a good Steelers message board I can check out? Thanks a lot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets 23
    Steelers 9

Big Ben starts the decline, and so does his rookie card.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I feel relaxed just soaking up the win against the Texans. excllent performance by everyone...guys were flying to the ball early and often.
    Physical I must say also! even notice "gameday" jawing wiith a texan had to
    be pulled away by the ref. I like that..also saw marcus getting juked out of
    his jockstrap by curtis. next play laid a lick on curtis he he :D..

Ben Rothlisberg is so pridictable! I see what he doing every time he comes to the line of scrimmage ha ha ha! :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey good to have you hear house of steel. I think Both Of are teams arent getting the credit we deserved since we have great records shadowed by teams such as the Pats and Eagles ( teams you both beat). It should be a very exciting contest but im a little worried since its in Pitt. The Jets are very fired up right now and are a very hard team to beat. It will be close, hopefully no snow ( Although curtis did get 173 yds last year)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Steelers fans... This should be a great physical game with two teams who like to run the ball and play tough defense.

Go Jets!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jrochwa[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:45 PM
    [b] House of Steel: What is a good Steelers message board I can check out? Thanks a lot. [/b][/quote]
    Come on over to this site:

[url=http://www.mcmillenandwife.com]My Webpage[/url]

This is probably the best site for the Steelers, everyone is decent, friendly and you will be welcomed ....... The message board is on top of the page, you will see a link, check out the site and you will be impressed. There is a direct link to your Jets Site there ....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetdawg[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:48 PM
    [b] Right now I feel relaxed just soaking up the win against the Texans. excllent performance by everyone...guys were flying to the ball early and often.
    Physical I must say also! even notice "gameday" jawing wiith a texan had to
    be pulled away by the ref. I like that..also saw marcus getting juked out of
    his jockstrap by curtis. next play laid a lick on curtis he he :D..

Ben Rothlisberg is so pridictable! I see what he doing every time he comes to the line of scrimmage ha ha ha! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Ben is very predictable, it is all in the way he places his feet that give a pass or run away !

Martin is an awesome back and will be a true test .........

This will be a very close game .... of course I have to predict:

Steelers 21 Jets 17 or even closer ...... :o

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any Jets fans actually going to Pitt this weekend, I'll be there to cheer for the downfall of the steelers.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, HOS. Your team is hot and the game's in your house. The Jets will need to do EVERYTHING right to take this one.

I was hoping Big Ben would be intoduced to Big John Abraham. Looks like Ben dodged that bullet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one game a year (give or take a few years) I absolutely hate.

I watch the Jets every week in a STEELERS bar in Northern VA (lots of Steelers fans round' here). I've wathced just about every non-nationally televised game there for almost a decade now (well, about 8 years actually).

The fans there are nice most times, but when the Jets plat the Steelers, it is a little less "Friendly". Luckily most of them know me and are used to me by now.

I will be outnumbered about 50 to 3 on Sunday, proudly wearing the Green and White.

Hope I don't get beat up. :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's one thing the Pittsburgh fans are, well at least most of them...Nice and loyal, welcome Steel, should be a great game but I think Chad's gonna give Big Ben his 1st NFL loss, 1 of the 2 Marshall QB's have too!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to me that the Jets are not getting that much respect on steelerwatch.com, namely Pennington. They are saying that he doesnt have the arm to be a threat to the Steelers.