Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weiss is on

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    take the F'n job right now

Offensive coordinator Charlie Weis was on display for Browns owner Randy Lerner yesterday, who has a coaching vacancy, but Weis also is on a short list of candidates for the Notre Dame job, according to sources familiar with that interview process.

ADVERTISEMENT

The school would have to receive permission from the Patriots to speak to Weis, and it was not known as of last night whether that had happened, but Notre Dame is hoping to act quickly on replacing Ty Willingham after being turned down by Utah coach Urban Meyer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    no way he leaves now,,,will ND wait til the weiss is done???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    why the F not? This is great career move for him?

3x the salary to boot? He should quit if mumbles tries to block.

BB should let him go, this is for his career. BB would want the same
    if he were in same position.

BB quit on jets, if memory serves me right

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [color=blue][SIZE=4][b]OOhhhhhh NNNOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/color][/SIZE]

After the Crying Irish got punked by Urban, good as any reason to be a Gator fan now, they have to try and unF*ck the situation again by throwing out names.

It seems to me two trained monkeys could pull off the hiring of a coach better then the administrators at ND.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:45 AM
    [b] [color=blue][SIZE=4][b]OOhhhhhh NNNOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/color][/SIZE]

After the Crying Irish got punked by Urban, good as any reason to be a Gator fan now, they have to try and unF*ck the situation again by throwing out names.

It seems to me two trained monkeys could pull off the hiring of a coach better then the administrators at ND. [/b][/quote]
    the arrogance shown by ND was pathetic, if they did a little homework
    they should have realized that Urban was already gone.

Weiss is there best option right now

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    why would ND have to wait to speak with Weiss, it's not an NFL job :unsure:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weiss has no experience in recruitng and that needs to be in full spin mode in January and February- no way I do not think Notre Dame can possibly wait for Weiss to be considered.
    Notre Dame badly needs to get the top recruits especially on offense- Petrino is the hot guy in college right now-his Louisville teams have been offensive powerhouses. Maybe they look at him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say he should go to the browns, because you dont know how well he will do in college, like spurrier was good in college and bad in NFL you never know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] why would ND have to wait to speak with Weiss, it's not an NFL job :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Because the man is under contract and is an employee of the patriots.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patman+Dec 6 2004, 09:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (patman @ Dec 6 2004, 09:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetswin[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] why would ND have to wait to speak with Weiss, it&#39;s not an NFL job :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Because the man is under contract and is an employee of the patriots. [/b][/quote]
    He can quit D4

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by afosomf+Dec 7 2004, 10:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (afosomf @ Dec 7 2004, 10:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by patman@Dec 6 2004, 09:08 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-jetswin[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] why would ND have to wait to speak with Weiss, it&#39;s not an NFL job :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Because the man is under contract and is an employee of the patriots. [/b][/quote]
    He can quit D4 [/b][/quote]
    ASSmuff, still praying for something to stop the Pats I see, :lol: :lol: You are truly pathetic. For one, Weise wants an NFL head coaching job, he has already said publicly that if he a Head coaching opportunity fails to present itself, his fist choice would be to stay in N.E. So it looks like well have to see what happens after the play-offs to see what happens. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetMan55[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:15 PM
    [b] I say he should go to the browns, because you dont know how well he will do in college, like spurrier was good in college and bad in NFL you never know. [/b][/quote]
    Former college coaches don&#39;t fair well in the NFL. Look at S. Spurrier, D. Erikson and B. Davis who were all good coaches in college.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, Charlie is an ND alum.

And how hard would it be to recruit when you walk in a house wearing three super bowl rings?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ARJet[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:05 PM
    [b] BTW, Charlie is an ND alum.

And how hard would it be to recruit when you walk in a house wearing three super bowl rings? [/b][/quote]
    3?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an ND alum, I would love to see Weis coach them. People forget that he was just a student in the stands--buying a ticket like all the other students. Only when he became a high school teacher did he get into coaching football.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Trades+Dec 7 2004, 11:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Trades @ Dec 7 2004, 11:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ARJet[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:05 PM
    [b] BTW, Charlie is an ND alum.

And how hard would it be to recruit when you walk in a house wearing three super bowl rings? [/b][/quote]
    3? [/b][/quote]
    Two with NE, one as a Parcels assistant with the Giants in &#39;91 (I think that was the year of the Scott Norwood miss against the Bills).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    test test

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ARJet[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:05 PM
    [b] And how hard would it be to recruit when you walk in a house wearing three super bowl rings? [/b][/quote]
    thats if Charlie can actually FIT throught the door.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shasta -

When there was an opening at University of Washington a couple of years ago(2-3) he openly lobbied for the job. He just wants to be a head coach, does not matter - pro or college. Though I would say he would be better in pros as he has no recruiting experience. But walking into a kids house and telling him if he plays for him, he can help him build towards one of these(showing his SB rings) would entice a lot of guys

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gator Jet[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:52 PM
    [b] Shasta -

When there was an opening at University of Washington a couple of years ago(2-3) he openly lobbied for the job. He just wants to be a head coach, does not matter - pro or college. Though I would say he would be better in pros as he has no recruiting experience. But walking into a kids house and telling him if he plays for him, he can help him build towards one of these(showing his SB rings) would entice a lot of guys [/b][/quote]
    I thought that was last season, but agree with your point.

Whether in college or the pros, he wants to be a HC in the worst way.