Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Jets Training

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I play and coach a football team in the UK and will be visiting New York this week for 6 days (somehow I managed to time it when Jets and the giants are playing away!!!!). Are the Jets training sessions open to the public? If so how would I go about getting tickets to watch them train? It would be real beneficial to me as a player and a coach to watch how the professionals run their training sessions.

thanks

Glenn

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by UKplayer[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 03:32 PM
    [b] I play and coach a football team in the UK and will be visiting New York this week for 6 days (somehow I managed to time it when Jets and the giants are playing away!!!!). Are the Jets training sessions open to the public? If so how would I go about getting tickets to watch them train? It would be real beneficial to me as a player and a coach to watch how the professionals run their training sessions.

thanks

Glenn [/b][/quote]
    The only time practice is open to the public is in the summer during Training Camp. They do not open practice during the regular season for fear that an opposing scout will watch and learn their gameplan for the upcoming game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry glenn, after the summer workouts all of the practices are closed to the public.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks anway guys, I thought that would be the case. I'm in NY from wednesday till next Tuesday, is there going to be any football of any kind like High School or semi pro that I may be able to see? failing that it will be a 12 hour round trip on sunday up to watch the Patriots vs the Bengals, which the girlfirend will no doubt love!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also if I dont make it to the Patriots game whats going to be the best bar or sports cafe to watch the jets vs Steelers game on Sunday?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by UKplayer[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 10:50 AM
    [b] Also if I dont make it to the Patriots game whats going to be the best bar or sports cafe to watch the jets vs Steelers game on Sunday? [/b][/quote]
    Where in NY?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im staying near the empire State building but can travel a bit.

thanks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walk into just about any bar near you, and the game will be on. There are a million sports bars. Take a look on here:

[url=http://sheckys.com/search/search.asp]http://sheckys.com/search/search.asp[/url]