Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT QUESTION

I hear THIS and THAT about Abe, but has he actually had the MRI and have the results been released?

I don't wanna hear about what Herm or anyone else had to say on the matter ... I wanna know about the MRI?

Thanks

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:25 PM
    [b] I hear THIS and THAT about Abe, but has he actually had the MRI and have the results been released?

I don't wanna hear about what Herm or anyone else had to say on the matter ... I wanna know about the MRI?

Thanks [/b][/quote]
    ;) Herm was so misleading and wrong about the Chad injury huh.

Lets trust him on this one.

[quote][i]Originally posted by LesterLyles+Dec 6 2004, 04:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LesterLyles @ Dec 6 2004, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:25 PM
    [b] I hear THIS and THAT about Abe, but has he actually had the MRI and have the results been released?

I don&#39;t wanna hear about what Herm or anyone else had to say on the matter ... I wanna know about the MRI?

Thanks [/b][/quote]

Lets trust him on this one. [/b][/quote]
    Has nothing to do with trust ... Herm is not a doctor ... he has a tough enough time being a coach

I wanna know what the MRI said ... does anyone know?

Anyone?????

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Dec 6 2004, 04:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Dec 6 2004, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by LesterLyles@Dec 6 2004, 04:29 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:25 PM

I don&#39;t wanna hear about what Herm or anyone else had to say on the matter ... I wanna know about the MRI?

Thanks [/b][/quote]

Has nothing to do with trust ... Herm is not a doctor ... he has a tough enough time being a coach

Anyone????? [/b][/quote]
    Ah, and your degree in sports medicine is from where?

[quote][i]Originally posted by rbstern+Dec 6 2004, 04:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rbstern &#064; Dec 6 2004, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Dec 6 2004, 04:34 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by LesterLyles@Dec 6 2004, 04:29 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:25 PM

Thanks [/b][/quote]

Anyone????? [/b][/quote]
    Ah, and your degree in sports medicine is from where? [/b][/quote]
    Did I say I know the results or the extent of the injury?

If I knew, why would I be asking?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The MRI confirmed that Abe sprained his LCL....no surgery needed but usually it requires several weeks of rest.

Okay, so from the lack of a response is if safe to assume the results of the MRI have yet to be released to the press?

[quote][i]Originally posted by crasherino[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 05:12 PM
    [b] The MRI confirmed that Abe sprained his LCL....no surgery needed but usually it requires several weeks of rest. [/b][/quote]
    Was the MRI sited as the source of this prognosis?

Do you have a link?

Thanks

He&#39;s out for Pittsburgh and probably Seattle if I had to guess. Hopefully he&#39;ll be back for New England...but hey, worse case scenario is that he&#39;ll be back for St.Louis or the playoffs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

ESPN.com news services
    Right defensive end John Abraham, the New York Jets&#39; most consistent pass rush threat, will miss the team&#39;s game at Pittsburgh this coming weekend after a Monday MRI examination confirmed that he sustained a sprained lateral collateral ligament in his right knee during Sunday&#39;s victory over the Houston Texans.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1939899]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1939899[/url]

[quote][i]Originally posted by crasherino[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 05:17 PM
    [b] ESPN.com news services
    Right defensive end John Abraham, the New York Jets&#39; most consistent pass rush threat, will miss the team&#39;s game at Pittsburgh this coming weekend [b]after a Monday MRI examination confirmed that he sustained a sprained lateral collateral ligament in his right knee[/b] during Sunday&#39;s victory over the Houston Texans.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1939899]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1939899[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Crash ... that&#39;s exactly what I was looking for

Much appreciated

hey Hammer -

so here we are with Big Johnny missing the biggest game of the year due to injury...

when he&#39;s on the field he&#39;s a monster -

but that "when" is the operative part of the statement.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 05:26 PM
    [b] hey Hammer -

so here we are with Big Johnny missing the biggest game of the year due to injury...

when he&#39;s on the field he&#39;s a monster -

but that "when" is the operative part of the statement. [/b][/quote]
    Bro, I Just got your voicemail now ... the cell was turned off all weekend

I wish you had sent me a PM :(

As for Abe, it was a freak injury where he stepped on D-Robs foot ... but you make a fair point

The player has trouble staying healthy for 16 Games ... no denying it ... but he&#39;s a bonified impact player when healthy

Veteran
    an impact player that could fetch us two number 1&#39;s or a 1 and 3 at least.

i hope Bradway looks into that.

not saying i want him gone, but if someone offers something really great.......

no worries, it all worked out for the best, we will do it another time...

--

RE: Abe

he didn&#39;t want to switch to LB (and i don&#39;t blame him - the JETS were probably trying to underhandedly tag him as an LB) - but the end result is there will always be this risk in Abe&#39;s career - he&#39;s like a Lamborghini or some such hot rod - when he&#39;s got a clear road ahead and a full tank of gas there&#39;s no comparison... but this league is never that easy - [b]at some point the laws of physics come into play[/b] - a guy like Ellis who can power clean almost a quarter-ton is always a better bet for reliability over the long haul... especially every year the guys in the trenches (like Drob) get bigger and nastier...

let&#39;s be honest no one knows what the market in 2005 for a 26 year old 3 time Pro Bowl rush DE sack meister will be - if it wasn&#39;t for the tag, Abe could get 20 mil on the open market... maybe more - that&#39;s QB money... the sick thing is he would deserve it - Abe is undoubtedly a better player and a true Impact playmaker "when he&#39;s on the field" B) but Ellis is better value over the long haul.

This draft isn&#39;t as rich with talent where we can just we can be satisfied losing Abe for some pics. Lets resign our defensive MVP.

In all fairness to John Abraham, even the "big boys" who power clean a quarter ton get sprained knee ligaments. As GJ&H said, it was a freak injury. Some might even argue that heavier players are more susceptable to that kind of injury.

A player with recurring groin injuries or hamstring pulls worry me. To me, that&#39;s injury prone. This is just bad luck.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chops44[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 05:45 PM
    [b] an impact player that could fetch us two number 1&#39;s or a 1 and 3 at least.

i hope Bradway looks into that.

not saying i want him gone, but if someone offers something really great....... [/b][/quote]
    So do I

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Dec 6 2004, 05:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Dec 6 2004, 05:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crasherino[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 05:17 PM
    [b] ESPN.com news services
    Right defensive end John Abraham, the New York Jets&#39; most consistent pass rush threat, will miss the team&#39;s game at Pittsburgh this coming weekend [b]after a Monday MRI examination confirmed that he sustained a sprained lateral collateral ligament in his right knee[/b] during Sunday&#39;s victory over the Houston Texans.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1939899]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1939899[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Crash ... that&#39;s exactly what I was looking for

Much appreciated [/b][/quote]
    Actually GJ&H, this information gives you nothing that you did not already know, except for the fact that the ligament is not completely torn.

It still does not prognosticate when he will return, and does not mention the degree or classification of the sprain which would make it a lot easier to try and predict a return date.

Grade I? Grade IV?

Who knows?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Greenwave81[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 08:09 PM
    [b] Actually GJ&H, this information gives you nothing that you did not already know, except for the fact that the ligament is not completely torn.

It still does not prognosticate when he will return, and does not mention the degree or classification of the sprain which would make it a lot easier to try and predict a return date.

Grade I? Grade IV?

Who knows? [/b][/quote]
    Wave, I have been watching football for so many years that rarely is there an injury I haven&#39;t heard of or seen before ... but that is the case with this LCL

ACL and MCL are fairly common ... even Patela Tendon injuries I have seen, or just torn cartledge ... but what exactly is an LCL? :huh:

Is this less severe than an MCL?

I know an ACL is worse than an MCL, but where does the LCL fall in this food chain?

Thanks Doc ;)