Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the abe injury can be positive

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    say we do well without him which i hope to god we do.... and he stays out for 3 games or so... his market value will decrease and we will be able to sign him for a cheaper price than if he had kept on getting sacks... it will also be a good evaluation of BT

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no opinions?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFan3288[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 05:33 PM
    [b] no opinions? [/b][/quote]
    Sure.

With all this talk of 15 or 20 million, I think Abe has to show us that he can stay healthy for an entire season and be productive. If he can't he is only "so" good for us.

IIRC, this is the third year in a row he has been hurt towards the end of the year.

BZ

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If we try to sign him to a cheaper price he will either hold out or be playing for the Cowboys next year...

Jevon Kearse was often injured and look @ the deal he got...

But i am curious to keep seeing B Thomas, he has looked good while he has been in there....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    good point. besides abraham hasn't had a single sack in 3 games!! I think BT can put some good pressure on big ben, and get a sack as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's nothing positive about Abraham being injured. We already know about BT, he's not very good. We need to win games now. I'd rather have Abe racking up a ton of sacks and increasing his value, rather than be sidelined.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets2777[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 05:48 PM
    [b] there's nothing positive about Abraham being injured. We already know about BT, he's not very good. We need to win games now. I'd rather have Abe racking up a ton of sacks and increasing his value, rather than be sidelined. [/b][/quote]
    I think we would all rather have ABE but there could be some positives, there always is...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only positive is that he will be well rested for the playoffs... i really doubt it will decrease his value. the jets flat out overpayed ellis, abes gonna expect the same treatment

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I see no bright side to losing our best defensive player as we enter the stretch run and the toughest part of our schedule

I wish I could say otherwise, but I'd be lying through my teeth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 05:24 PM
    [b] Sorry, I see no bright side to losing our best defensive player as we enter the stretch run and the toughest part of our schedule

I wish I could say otherwise, but I'd be lying through my teeth [/b][/quote]
    CORRECTION

The only bright side is that he didn't blow out his knee and/or surgery is not required ... apparently

Other than that, no positives so far as I can see

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look it's obvious I'm a huge 94 fan but some of you are dillusional with some of your posts.

What did Ellis do yesterday? Nothing! The 15 million dollar man did nothing and I made sure I watched BT off the edge and as usual he doesn't know what to do. I hope Henderson starts blitzing come Sunday!

I'm surprised freak didn't chime in with one of his super optimistic posts. J/K freak :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need Abe bad. Some of you guys just don't get it. It's not all about sacks. It's about pressure. Sure he hasn't had any sacks in the last 3 games but how many times did the Q-B feel him? That's what I'm talking about. And the main reason we need him is the Q-B knows he's on the othere side of the ball. That in itself is the reason we need him more than anything else. No one fears Bryan Thomas and Trevor Johnson!!!!!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    We steeler fans are saying the same thing about Kendrell Bell but he has missed a lot of games this year and some of last year. His value probably went down a lot. Not to mention our backup is doing pretty good which isn't helping his case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trevor Johnson will prove to be superior to BT. Believe it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:45 PM
    [b] good point. besides abraham hasn't had a single sack in 3 games!! I think BT can put some good pressure on big ben, and get a sack as well. [/b][/quote]
    Barton, are you friggin serious? :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JETFAN1+Dec 6 2004, 07:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JETFAN1 @ Dec 6 2004, 07:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:45 PM
    [b] good point. besides abraham hasn&#39;t had a single sack in 3 games&#33;&#33; I think BT can put some good pressure on big ben, and get a sack as well. [/b][/quote]
    Barton, are you friggin serious? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]

50/50, I&#39;m in alittle denial. but you have to admit, abe has had no sacks the last 3 games but has been GREAT at stuffing the run and applying pressure, QBs just have 4 eyes on him now I guess

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50+Dec 6 2004, 07:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ErIcBaRtOn50 @ Dec 6 2004, 07:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JETFAN1@Dec 6 2004, 07:30 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:45 PM
    [b] good point. besides abraham hasn&#39;t had a single sack in 3 games&#33;&#33; I think BT can put some good pressure on big ben, and get a sack as well. [/b][/quote]
    Barton, are you friggin serious? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]

50/50, I&#39;m in alittle denial. but you have to admit, abe has had no sacks the last 3 games but has been GREAT at stuffing the run and applying pressure, QBs just have 4 eyes on him now I guess [/b][/quote]
    Thats what I figured barton, hopefully they can overcome not having him in the lineup.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BIG Loss losing JABE. He is the best defensive player on the team because he make the rest of his teamates better. Other teams are always doubling Abe which makes life easier for ellis, drob, fergy, and the lb&#39;s.
    That being said this defense has better players than last year where we should be able to overcome his loss.
    Coleman
    Barton
    Vilma
    D-rob is better
    fergy is better
    BTHomas is better
    Barret
    hobson or mark brown..

but the KEY is:
    MR ELLIS
    Donnie needs to call Ellis out....he just got paid like a superstar and we need him to play like a superstar.w/out JABE on the field. FOLKS get used to it becuase if im the jets i dont know if I give ABE the boatload of money he is looking for..he is injury prone and who knows if he hits the bottle the next few weeks becuase he is pissed he is not playing&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ELLIS...BE THE MAN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

DJR44

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Abe&#39;s a great player / great DE, Top 5 in the NFL, there&#39;s no question about that. But I believe this is his 3rd injury in 5 years? C&#39;mon Abe, STAY HEALTHY OR YOU WON&#39;T GET THE BIG BUCKS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFan3288[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:25 PM
    [b] say we do well without him which i hope to god we do.... and he stays out for 3 games or so... his market value will decrease and we will be able to sign him for a cheaper price than if he had kept on getting sacks... it will also be a good evaluation of BT [/b][/quote]
    With todays&#39; modern medicine and the proper treatment plus rehabilitation, he won&#39;t be out for three weeks.