Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the abe injury can be positive

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he commands less money, but probably not , if we lose this game, he'll be like "SEE, ya need me".

Goddam drunk.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. We are going to find out if Abraham is indispensible.
    2. Great opprotunity for BT and Johnson
    3. Time to see Hendersons Magic, I think Donnie may surprise us on how he utilizes his personnel. If the defense kicks butte the next 3 games than Donnie is the most valuable addition this year.
    4. John has to be more inclined on taking a reasonable offer, while rehabbing, recognizing that one play could mean your careers over.
    5. Fresh for the playoffs

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MachineGunFunk[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 10:27 PM
    [b] Maybe he commands less money, but probably not , if we lose this game, he'll be like "SEE, ya need me".

Goddam drunk. [/b][/quote]
    He doesn't drink anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

good post

I look at the houston game and Abe went out in the 2nd quarter and the defesne did not miss a beat. B Thomas has stepped it up in a major way and the defesne on a whole is clicking. The secondary has to be the biggest surprise and it does not hurt that Plaxico Burress probably will NOT play this week and that J Abe is week to week and not lost for the rest of the year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 09:52 PM
    [b] Abe's a great player / great DE, Top 5 in the NFL, there's no question about that. But I believe this is his 3rd injury in 5 years? C'mon Abe, STAY HEALTHY OR YOU WON'T GET THE BIG BUCKS!!!! [/b][/quote]
    It was kind of a freak injury, he stepped on D-Robs foot and twisted his leg. Not a durability thing. Could have happened to anyone.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole thing is getting kind of crazy. J Abraham is probably our best defensive player and is constantly harrassing the opposing quarterback, sack or no sack. We need this guy in there asap. We're all Jets fans and know that these kind of years don't come around all that often. Screw the future for now, I want to make a run towards the playoffs and deal with the other stuff later. Hopefully Johnson and Thomas can hold the fort and DH gets a little creative with the blitzing to apply pressure...our defense has really been something special so far....bring on the Steelers!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsmets+Dec 7 2004, 04:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetsmets &#064; Dec 7 2004, 04:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 09:52 PM
    [b] Abe&#39;s a great player / great DE, Top 5 in the NFL, there&#39;s no question about that. But I believe this is his 3rd injury in 5 years? C&#39;mon Abe, STAY HEALTHY OR YOU WON&#39;T GET THE BIG BUCKS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    It was kind of a freak injury, he stepped on D-Robs foot and twisted his leg. Not a durability thing. Could have happened to anyone. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, it was a weird. It&#39;s not like it was his groin again. :blink: