Thread: 1 more win to the Playoffs

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all this Negative posting about the jets noting doing well with Abe hurt, lets remember what we did with Penny hurt. 2-1

We need 1 more win to make the playoffs. We can go 1-3 and still have a spot, maybe even 0-4. We will be fine and we will have Abe back for the playoffs and make our run to the Super Bowl!

Scenario. Jets end up 10-6 Conference record with 2 more losses 7-5

Broncos 7-5 will at least lose 1 game, even if they end up with the same 10-6 record as the Jets, we get the nod, since all there games left are in the conference there 1 loss would give them a 7-5 conference recored and we win the Tie breaker by beating San Diego!

Jacksonville- 6-6 even if they win out and we win 1 we get the nod with the better conference record. There best conference record would be 7-5 and we would win the tie breakers by beating San Diego and Houston.

Buffalo- If they win out at 10-6. We still get the nod. The best conference record they would have is 6-6

Cincinnati- Same result as Buffalo.

Baltimore still has games against Indy and Pittsburgh, 2 losses. They end up 9-7 at best.

So if we just win 1 more game against anyone of our final 4 oppents, we are in and probably on our way back to San Diego for the 1st round of the playoffs.

I'll be there!!!!!!

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Iceman2004[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 06:30 PM
    [b]

We need 1 more win to make the playoffs. We can go 1-3 and still have a spot, maybe even 0-4. We will be fine and we will have Abe back for the playoffs and make our run to the Super Bowl!

[/b][/quote]

Way too chancey with 10 wins (ask last year's Phins).

11 wins will assure a playoff spot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    10 won't do it, 11 will, but it's ok, we'll be 13-3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 06:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iceman2004[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 06:30 PM
    [b]

We need 1 more win to make the playoffs. We can go 1-3 and still have a spot, maybe even 0-4. We will be fine and we will have Abe back for the playoffs and make our run to the Super Bowl&#33;

[/b][/quote]

Way too chancey with 10 wins (ask last year&#39;s Phins).

11 wins will assure a playoff spot. [/b][/quote]
    Bingo&#33; Screw 10 wins. I have no idea why Herm told the team that&#39;s all we needed. 11 wins and we&#39;re in.

If we end up 11-5 and one of our last wins is Pitt and/or NE then I&#39;ll be very happy with how this season went and will feel good about our chances in the playoffs.

Backing into the playoffs is no way to gain a rhythm when the team needs it the most.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Patsfan, 11 wins to insure a spot. No reason the Jets shouldn&#39;t win 2 of the last 4. I&#39;m betting we win one of the games against New England or Pittsburgh. St. Louis and Seattle are not particularly strong. I like the odds of winning 11 and maling the playoffs without needing help from other teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok with all this speculation on Tuesday some one check nfl.com for playoff scenarios.. it may just take 10 wins but being 13-3 won&#39;t ghurt either

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Agree with Patsfan, 11 wins to insure a spot. No reason the Jets shouldn&#39;t win 2 of the last 4. I&#39;m betting we win one of the games against New England or Pittsburgh. St. Louis and Seattle are not particularly strong. I like the odds of winning 11 and maling the playoffs without needing help from other teams. [/b][/quote]

I agree with both we&#39;ll win one of the two biggies. We have great momentum right now so who says we can&#39;t get a few more wins in. Nice to have a cushion but "F" it. Win Win Win and screw everybody else.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the exact scenario from NFL.com

NEW YORK JETS

New York Jets can clinch playoff spot with:
    1) NYJ win + BUF loss or tie + DEN loss + SD win or tie OR
    2) NYJ win + BUF loss or tie + DEN loss + BAL win or tie

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no way, we need 11. but we&#39;ll get more then that. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, iceman is right. Certainly 11 is insurance but in the Jets tierbreaker situation 10 pretty much should do the trick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    we&#39;ll beat the Rams and Seahawks, to get 11

and maybe we&#39;ll somehow get a miracle on our side and beat either the Steelers or Pats

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 07:34 PM
    [b] Here is the exact scenario from NFL.com

NEW YORK JETS

New York Jets can clinch playoff spot with:
    1) NYJ win + BUF loss or tie + DEN loss + SD win or tie OR
    2) NYJ win + BUF loss or tie + DEN loss + BAL win or tie [/b][/quote]
    So if we win on Sunday, we&#39;ll probably know either, right after our game is over or slighty after our game is over.

I don&#39;t know if the Phins can beat Denver though and can&#39;t see the Giants beating Baltimore, especially after the Ravens tough loss to Cincinnatti.

We might have to wait one more week to actually clinch a wild-card spot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys lets face it, teams that win the SB are teams that are on a roll going into the playoffs, if we end the season 1-4 we are going nowhere against the likes of NE, PITT and INDY. 12 OR MORE WINS AND I LIKE OUR CHANCES&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 06:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iceman2004[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 06:30 PM
    [b]

We need 1 more win to make the playoffs. We can go 1-3 and still have a spot, maybe even 0-4. We will be fine and we will have Abe back for the playoffs and make our run to the Super Bowl&#33;

[/b][/quote]

Way too chancey with 10 wins (ask last year&#39;s Phins).

11 wins will assure a playoff spot. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed TX

10 and you&#39;re putting your playoff life in someone elses&#39; hands

11 and you control your playoff destiny.

Besides, F 10 wins. I want 13. Is it possible, hell yeah. Is it realistic, I don&#39;t know. But why not try.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way we can make up for that Ravens debacle is to win 12. We can get in with 10 (as shown by the scenario), but this team should send the message that they arent looking to just go to the playoffs. They need to prove that they are going to make an impact. Beating Seattle, St. Louis, and then either New England or Pitt would send that message.

I agree with GOB, shoot for 13. It is possible, but not likely, especially with Abe missing a few. But I&#39;m sick of Herms teams slipping into the playoffs. Let&#39;s go in with some momentum by closing 3-1 and show the rest of the NFL that we can not just hang with, but beat the best.