Thread: bring the farm!!!

Q: what's the last thing you want down the stretch???

A: a rookie QB

yes Ben Roethles is the man but last week's game showed he doesn't like to get beat up - the Steelers are a good team but not invincible... pressure is the key to the game just like it has been the key to the season so far - with Abe out it will be tough but this is still a very violent defense. they have a gimpy Plex we are without Abe, not that either would be relied upon in Rain 41 Degrees - sounds like Curtis Martin weather to me -

BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ make the rookie's head spin

the Steelers are vulnerable after pulling it out of a hat last week...

no doubt Bitonti. I said the same thing to a friend today. blitz this kid all day long. The Steelers run a very basic offense and they don't take many chances. the JETS should not only pass blitz but run blitz as well. keep the pressure and make him beat you.

hopefully we can knock him around enough to make him hesitate. so far in the last few games we have been murdering the opposing quarterbacks.

[img]http://www.draftdaddy.com/images/players/ben2.jpg[/img]

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#1 wanted man

Banned
    we've still got some other aggressive guys who are in the lineup

Hall Of Fame
    We seemed to have toned down our blitz game and therefore, our pass rush the past 3 games.

I'll be interested to see what Hendu has planned next Sunday

We need to disguise them. The bengals had a field day picking up the blitz and finding the open recievers

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by neckdemon[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 08:55 PM
    [b] hopefully we can knock him around enough to make him hesitate. so far in the last few games we have been murdering the opposing quarterbacks. [/b][/quote]
    do him like we did Carr and garcia :D

All League
    Send in Barton and Vilma!

Hall Of Fame
    It'll be interesting to see if they use a 3-4, because thats where blitz's are always tough to pick up, because you have different possible directions, and the Steelers would not have any tape on it, so it would be a total surprise.

Plus, the Steelers dont have the quickness in the backfield to kill you on draws. Even if they call draws on one of ur blitzes, I have confidence in our defense to have time catch them in the backfield or the LOS.

[quote][i]Originally posted by neckdemon[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:55 AM
    [b] hopefully we can knock him around enough to make him hesitate. so far in the last few games we have been murdering the opposing quarterbacks. [/b][/quote]
    Did any of you see the Sunday night game? The Jags hit him and hit him hard. I do not know where you get this he does not like to get hit. He purposely holds onto the ball rather then throw an incomplete.

Another little aspect that was unearthed on Sunday, he can run to. He might not be Vick, but he can run better then the average QB and at 241 is a load to take down.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Dec 7 2004, 11:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Dec 7 2004, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-neckdemon[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:55 AM
    Did any of you see the Sunday night game? The Jags hit him and hit him hard. I do not know where you get this he does not like to get hit. He purposely holds onto the ball rather then throw an incomplete.

Another little aspect that was unearthed on Sunday, he can run to. He might not be Vick, but he can run better then the average QB and at 241 is a load to take down. [/b][/quote]
    You are right that he cann move and all that.

But did you notice that after the 2 early scores, he was less effective the remainder of the game? This was also around the time he started getting smacked around a bit. I think this is the only way to control Big Ben.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Dec 7 2004, 12:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Dec 7 2004, 12:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-neckdemon[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:55 AM

Another little aspect that was unearthed on Sunday, he can run to. He might not be Vick, but he can run better then the average QB and at 241 is a load to take down. [/b][/quote]
    Gotta agree... did you see that play where he was being chased in the backfield, stopped and pumpfaked, froze everyone for a second, and then just let himself be sacked? I really have not seen balls like that out of any QB, especially a rookie... it was almost an ObiWan moment&#33;

"For if you strike me down, I will only become more powerful than you ever imagined&#33;"