Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Jets will show true colors

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    After all that has happened this year with the Jets, the next 4 games are the true test for the improved personnel and changes in coaching both defensively and with clock management. This to me is Herm's test, how he can handle and prepare your team against quality opponents. As of right now they won the games they should have won minus Baltimore... now it is time to show us what you are made up... you can either show your improvement or your warts, and not much can be hidden now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree that most of the games we should have won becuase the opponent was not that tough - but lokl at soem of temas we beat erly on that winning now - SD, Cinnci,etc. i think this team has really matured and saw they can play wioth out chad and will not scared if they have t lay with out Abe a few games

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It always seems that Herm is being tested because of just a couple of games each year where he was out coached (which also happens with other teams too) whereas, speaking defensively, D. Hendu probation period is already over and the JETS haven't even finished their season yet and that's when his postion can be analyzed more effectively.

What I'm saying is that the higher position you're given on a team, the more the light shines on you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The key IMO is that the Jets have gotten tougher over the season. Their defense is improving and the offense has not lost games like it has in the past (minus Baltimore). The only thing that Jets need to do is win the games at home. It is tough to go to Pitt when the Steelers are playing they way they are and win there. We lost to NE on the road, not at home. I don't think Pitt beats NE on the road either, so I think that the Jets must win at home and steal one on the road if possible. That is what good teams do!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as the defense plays aggressively, and the offense can grind out the yardage and put some points on the board, we will be fine.

It's a simple formula: Control the ball, no turnovers or penalties, and aggressive defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious to see how Donnie handles J Abe being out and Hackett reacts to a very aggressive Pittsburgh defense. To me this games will just show how far we have come

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

The Jets have played 12 games and won 9....the Jets have already showed what they are made of...you talk of quality opponents.......are the Seahawks quality opponents? The Jets will beat them at home in two weeks. Are the Rams quality opponents? We lost to New England by 6 points in NE.

The Jets are a good football team and the Steelers are about to find out come sunday.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4HCrew[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 04:10 PM
    [b] I am curious to see how Donnie handles J Abe being out and Hackett reacts to a very aggressive Pittsburgh defense. To me this games will just show how far we have come [/b][/quote]
    So in other words, THEY ARENT READY??!?!?!? :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

exactly

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.cyndilauper.com/pictures/pc_tc02s.jpg[/img]

I got your true colors right here!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4HCrew[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 10:08 AM
    [b] After all that has happened this year with the Jets, the next 4 games are the true test for the improved personnel and changes in coaching both defensively and with clock management. This to me is Herm's test, how he can handle and prepare your team against quality opponents. As of right now they won the games they should have won minus Baltimore... now it is time to show us what you are made up... you can either show your improvement or your warts, and not much can be hidden now. [/b][/quote]
    GIT-R-DONE!!