Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jets CAN win out

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 7 2004, 04:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 7 2004, 04:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheBrodyMan[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 05:12 PM
    [b]
    They beat San Diego...9-3 [/b][/quote]

Every team usually has one "fluke" game during the season.

What were they when you played them? 1-0 :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Wow, you&#39;re really losing it.

Rookie
    If the Jets and Pats both finish 13-3 and one of the Pats losses is to the Fins Strength of victory (SOV) will determine the winner of the division. I am not sure if this means strength of victory amongst ALL games played, or if it is against comon opponents, common opponents seems to make more sense. Either way it is a long shot still...

Jets SOV amongst ALL games : +79
    Pats SOV amongst ALL games : +141

Pats win

Jets SOV amongst common opponents (including teams yet to be played): +57

Pats SOV amongst common opponents (including teams yet to be played):
    +130

Pats win (in this scenario we must realize the last 4 games for both teams ARE amongst common opponents)

Jets SOV in common games that HAVE been played ONLY: 41
    Pats SOV in common games that HAVE been played ONLY: +116

Pats win.

Rookie
    In the likely scenario that SOV is determined through common games the Jets would need to GAIN 73 more points over the last four games than the Pats.

To put this in some sort of perspective: Lets say during these next four games the pats gain no more points on us, they lose by the same amount they win by...

The jets will then need to score on average 18.25 points MORE than the opponents during each of thier final four games...

"They finish 13-3... Somehow the Pats lose to the Bengals and Fins... Think about it, it could be very fricken good". Thanks too the Browns laying down too the PATS the pats still have about a 70 points over us in the 4th tie breaker so the division is still gone. But 13-3 would give us a jump start going into the playoffs. A seven game winning streak and hope the DOLTS get the #3 seed and the chargers get the #4 seed. We go out and wax both the steelers and the Bolts before taking care of either the DOLTS or Cindy&#39;s team and it will be a bitter pill too take getting blown out by the EAGLES in the SB but we could build from that for next year.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by CORJET19[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 05:34 PM
    [b] In the likely scenario that SOV is determined through common games the Jets would need to GAIN 73 more points over the last four games than the Pats.

To put this in some sort of perspective: Lets say during these next four games the pats gain no more points on us, they lose by the same amount they win by...

The jets will then need to score on average 18.25 points MORE than the opponents during each of thier final four games... [/b][/quote]
    Its really a nothing issue. The Jets would have to win out, which is going to be extremely tough, and then New England would not only have to lose to us but also one of the worst teams in football in the Fins.

Aint happening <_<

keep saying this to yourself

one game at a time
    one game at a time
    one game at a time
    one game at a time

:D

Sure we can win out. But will we?

Honestly, in my own personal opinion.....YES&#33;

Pittsburgh can be beaten
    Seattle shouldn&#39;t be too tough
    New England will be the revenge game
    Rams...same thing as Seattle

13-3 baby.

But bitonti is right guys:

One game at a time.

WE WANT PITTSBURGH&#33;

Veteran
    that&#39;ll be our luck, 13-3, the best season in franchise history, only to fly across country to play 4:30 saturday afternoon on wild card weekend, with the boobs from the espn sunday night crew calling the game. i could see it now

[quote][i]Originally posted by JIMBOJET28[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:00 PM
    [b] that&#39;ll be our luck, 13-3, the best season in franchise history, only to fly across country to play 4:30 saturday afternoon on wild card weekend, with the boobs from the espn sunday night crew calling the game. i could see it now [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only we had beaten New England earlier this year...

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 08:02 PM
    [b]

If only we had beaten New England earlier this year... [/b][/quote]

The Pats had a winning record when you played them.

That means an automatic loss for the overrated Jets.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 7 2004, 07:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 7 2004, 07:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 08:02 PM
    [b]

The Pats had a winning record when you played them.

That means an automatic loss for the overrated Jets. [/b][/quote]
    San Diego had a winning record when we beat them.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 08:06 PM
    [b]
    San Diego had a winning record when we beat them. [/b][/quote]

Yea, 1-0 after beating the Texans.

Very, very impressive.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 7 2004, 07:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 7 2004, 07:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 08:06 PM
    [b]

Very, very impressive. [/b][/quote]
    Still a winning record.

Veteran
    you play whoever is on ur schedule. we didnt even have an easy schedule after our 1-15 season, so we are way, way overdue. any way you slice it were no worse then the 6th best team, in my opinion the 5th, who can beat ANYBODY when were on our game.

We&#39;ve had a Top 5 (hard wise) schedule for damn long I can&#39;t remember when we had a schedule as easy this years, it&#39;s about time, and hey, it isn&#39;t that easy if you think about it:

Buffalo twice
    New England twice
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Cincinnati
    Seattle (dangerous)
    St.Louis (dangerous)

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124+Dec 7 2004, 07:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsFanInSec124 @ Dec 7 2004, 07:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JIMBOJET28[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:00 PM
    [b] that&#39;ll be our luck, 13-3, the best season in franchise history, only to fly across country to play 4:30 saturday afternoon on wild card weekend, with the boobs from the espn sunday night crew calling the game. i could see it now [/b][/quote]

Amen, that sums it up, we have to beat the good teams, like Pittsburgh, if we do than we can go all the way. If we loss to Pitt, than we have to wait to next :P year.

[quote][i]Originally posted by DELAWANAJET+Dec 7 2004, 07:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (DELAWANAJET @ Dec 7 2004, 07:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Dec 7 2004, 07:02 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JIMBOJET28[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:00 PM

Amen, that sums it up, we have to beat the good teams, like Pittsburgh, if we do than we can go all the way. If we loss to Pitt, than we have to wait to next :P year. [/b][/quote]
    If we lose to Pittsburgh, which I don&#39;t think we will, and we can at least keep it close, then at least we know we&#39;d have at least a chance in the AFC Divisional or Championship. We already know we have a big chance with New England, now it&#39;s time to see if we can run and play D with Pittsburgh.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 7 2004, 08:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 7 2004, 08:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 08:06 PM
    [b]

Very, very impressive. [/b][/quote]
    What was the Colts record when you beat them?

Such a dumb argument.

Banned
    [b]Buffalo twice 1-1
    New England twice 0-2
    Pittsburgh 0-1
    San Diego 1-0
    Cincinnati 1-0
    Seattle (dangerous) 0-1
    St.Louis (dangerous) 0-1[/b]

Jets finish 3-6 against good teams.

That will get you far in the playoffs. :lol:

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Chase[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 08:43 PM
    [b]
    What was the Colts record when you beat them?

Such a dumb argument. [/b][/quote]

Like the Jets would have a snowball&#39;s chance in hell against the Colts right now. :lol: