Thread: THROWING DOWN THE GAUNLET

I'm throwing down the Gauntlet on the Jets offense

YO HACKETT ... FIRST AND FOREMOST, THAT MEANS YOU!!

For three weeks this defense bailed out the offense when Chad went down

When this offense lost it's franchise QB and points were difficult to come by, this defense stepped up bigtime and bailed this team out ... literally kept this team in the hunt

Well now the tables have turned ... this defense has lost it's best player, it's bonified impact player, and it's all world pass-rusher all rolled into one

YO OFFENSE ... IT'S PAYBACK TIME!!!!!

It starts with Hackett and works it's way down to every last player on O ... IT'S PAYBACK TIME!!

I suspect this defense will remain solid without Abe, but they will need a consistant effort from this O till 94 returns to wreck havoc ... and most of all, they will need MORE POINTS

FG's are not gonna do it, fellas ... NOT NOW ... you owe this defense one, IN A BIG WAY, and now is the time for payback

Hall Of Fame
    Ham, not such a great time to demand an offensive explosion as we are facing the 'so-called' #1 defense in their house, but nevertheless I think points will be hard to come by and all i want out of the offense is to pound the ball and eat up clock and eventually score a few more points than the steelers

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They have to be more aggresive this week..They have to be...If Hackettt thinks we can run, run, run against the steelers and hope the D pulls us through again hes crazy...We have to be more creative this week or the STEELERS will be 12-1..

Pitt has the #1 rush D in the NFL....Ofcourse we need to pound the ball but we have to be more creative when we Pass..

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 11:22 AM
    [b] I'm throwing down the Gauntlet on the Jets offense

YO HACKETT ... FIRST AND FOREMOST, THAT MEANS YOU!!

For three weeks this defense bailed out the offense when Chad went down

When this offense lost it's franchise QB and points were difficult to come by, this defense stepped up bigtime and bailed this team out ... literally kept this team in the hunt

Well now the tables have turned ... this defense has lost it's best player, it's bonified impact player, and it's all world pass-rusher all rolled into one

YO OFFENSE ... IT'S PAYBACK TIME!!!!!

It starts with Hackett and works it's way down to every last player on O ... IT'S PAYBACK TIME!!

I suspect this defense will remain solid without Abe, but they will need a consistant effort from this O till 94 returns to wreck havoc ... and most of all, they will need MORE POINTS

FG's are not gonna do it, fellas ... NOT NOW ... you owe this defense one, IN A BIG WAY, and now is the time for payback [/b][/quote]
    NOW thats a RANT that i can handle ;)

Hall Of Fame
    I don't think that Hackett called such a bad game against the Texans because he did open up with consecutive pass plays and you usually don't see that with him. The play actions were called at the right times and worked great too. Maybe it was because he wanted Pennington to get acclaimated to the offense right away.

The JETS could've gone for that 4th and almost two inside the Texans 5 yd line during the first quarter because the Texans had already tried two 4th down conversion plays before that and didn't succeed. Although the Texans had nothing to lose because they're a young team and are still in the learning stages and not fighting for any playoff births, you'd think the JETS would've followed with the same gamble.