Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: ESPN Power Rankings

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking[/url]

Notice that 5 of the top 6 teams are in the AFC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Jet analysis by ESPN :rolleyes:

[quote][b]Curtis Martin isn't flashy and and he doesn't dance after big plays, he he's on his way to the Hall of Fame[/b][/quote]

Are they serious? They have the number one ranked defense in football, and this is the point they harp on? What a bunch of losers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...or how about commenting about Chad's return lifting the offense? ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    San Diego ahead of us??....no

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks bergen for the link. :) the nfc is just awful. where would we be if we were in that league? i can't believe that dallas or the giants still have a chance to make the playoffs. doesn't seem fair.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:41 PM
    [b]Good Jet analysis by ESPN :rolleyes:

[quote][b]Curtis Martin isn't flashy and and he doesn't dance after big plays, he he's on his way to the Hall of Fame[/b][/quote]

Are they serious? They have the number one ranked defense in football, and this is the point they harp on? What a bunch of losers.[/b][/quote]
    LOL..They are a bunch of losers..There's some serious Jets hating going on around the NFL and I just don't know why. Angry

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 11:45 AM
    [b] San Diego ahead of us??....no [/b][/quote]
    I'm with you.

That was the first thing that caught my eye. We both ehave the same record, and we beat them. Logically, we should be ahead of them.

No problems with the 1st 4 though. My real issue is with the Seahawks. They are so unpredictable, I would have them near the bottom, in spite of their 6-6 record.

Watch them go now and beat Philly in the playoffs. <_<

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by AceBoy+Dec 7 2004, 12:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (AceBoy @ Dec 7 2004, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheBrodyMan[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:41 PM
    [b]Good Jet analysis by ESPN :rolleyes:

[quote][b]Curtis Martin isn&#39;t flashy and and he doesn&#39;t dance after big plays, he he&#39;s on his way to the Hall of Fame[/b][/quote]

Are they serious? They have the number one ranked defense in football, and this is the point they harp on? What a bunch of losers.[/b][/quote]
    LOL..They are a bunch of losers..There&#39;s some serious Jets hating going on around the NFL and I just don&#39;t know why. Angry [/b][/quote]
    it is not Jet Hating that is the reason we get dissed. We get disseed because we can make the playoffs, but always get bounced as the first or second WC team w/o even one home playoff game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curtis is the heart and soul of our team, and one of the greatest Jets of all time. I don&#39;t have any problem with ESPN "harping on" him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Giants are rated too high. That is the worst 5 win team I&#39;ve seen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn&#39;t PITT be 1.

Didn&#39;t they beat the New England....same argument as Jets and SD

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by mbn007+Dec 7 2004, 12:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (mbn007 @ Dec 7 2004, 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 11:45 AM
    [b] San Diego ahead of us??....no [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m with you.

That was the first thing that caught my eye. We both ehave the same record, and we beat them. Logically, we should be ahead of them.

No problems with the 1st 4 though. My real issue is with the Seahawks. They are so unpredictable, I would have them near the bottom, in spite of their 6-6 record.

Watch them go now and beat Philly in the playoffs. <_< [/b][/quote]
    you know how it is they have said earlier and will keep saying that we beat them before they had a chance to gell and play well and it BS because we have gelled much better than those first two games as well as a matter of fact we have the least points allowed in the league which really makes us the league&#39;s #1 defense because taht is all taht counts and its pretty amazing considering taht we started off giving up 52 points and barely 100 points since then

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    San Diego is the new Seahawks of Pre-Season / Falcons of Last year.

There is always one team that ESPN creams themselves over that doesn&#39;t deserve it, it just so happens to be the BLOTS (sic).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, the way SD is playing, we would probably lose to them. They definitely have their mojo going. That is why probably ranked above us. They were thought dead, and they right now are mowing the competition down.

Before, they only had LT as a weapon, but the play of Brees and the WR&#39;S and TE&#39;S is making them click. I say it is fair to have them ranked above - not what you did in the past, but what have you done lately.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    San Diego will not beat us. Our offensive line pushed them all over the field week #2. Their offense may have improved but not as much as our defense.

I welcome that game should we meet in play-offs. Let&#39;s get there first though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsflagboyz[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] Shouldn&#39;t PITT be 1.

Didn&#39;t they beat the New England....same argument as Jets and SD [/b][/quote]
    ...not only that, but they were #1 last week.

So since the Pats beatup on a defensless team with a #3 QB and a coach fired that week...

...and Pitt beats a good Jacksonville team, in Jacksonville...

...that must mean the Pats move into 1st? <_<