Thread: The worse things about the Jets doing well in '04

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [SIZE=3]......Bottom line is we can be playoff bound every year from now till 2010 with this illiterate calling the plays but WE WILL NEVER TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL with this clown.[/SIZE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've heard it all.. Not many people want hackett here.. but we are playoff bound.. lets lose before we get upset about hackett again though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sackdance99[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:54 PM
    [b] [SIZE=3]......Bottom line is we can be playoff bound every year from now till 2010 with this illiterate calling the plays but WE WILL NEVER TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL with this clown.[/SIZE] [/b][/quote]
    Hackett's return depends how the last 4 and playoffs (if we qualify) go. If we lose a 13 -7 playoff game with a futile O, Hacker may go. If we tank it down the stretch of the regular season, I can ee hacker gone. IMO, Hacker must pick up his performance this next month or so to keep his job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LesterLyles+Dec 7 2004, 01:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LesterLyles @ Dec 7 2004, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sackdance99[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:54 PM
    [b] [SIZE=3]......Bottom line is we can be playoff bound every year from now till 2010 with this illiterate calling the plays but WE WILL NEVER TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL with this clown.[/SIZE] [/b][/quote]
    Hackett&#39;s return depends how the last 4 and playoffs (if we qualify) go. If we lose a 13 -7 playoff game with a futile O, Hacker may go. If we tank it down the stretch of the regular season, I can ee hacker gone. IMO, Hacker must pick up his performance this next month or so to keep his job. [/b][/quote]
    No way he&#39;d get fired if even that happened. If the Jets end up with at least 11 wins, then the excuse will become, "This team played very well, and in most other divisions would&#39;ve won the division. So be it, they had to go on the road into a very tough Indy/SD and couldnt overcome the road team factors. Hackett was not the reason this team lost and he will return next year."

That&#39;s what will happen. It sucks, but its reality.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    that means we would have to resign hackett which i dont see happening

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sackdance99[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:54 PM
    Thanks for your support...have a nice day.

Now go cheer for the G-Men <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+Dec 7 2004, 04:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ Dec 7 2004, 04:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sackdance99[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:54 PM

Now go cheer for the G-Men <_< [/b][/quote]
    Truth hurts, huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

we are in the hunt for a playoff hunt....and the same talk about Hackett?

We all know about Hackett but right now we are winning........you want to fire him right this minute? Would that make some of you happy? :blink:

Put that S**T to rest till after the season.

Right now it&#39;s about beating the Steelers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 04:18 PM
    [b] :ph34r:

We all know about Hackett but right now we are winning........you want to fire him right this minute? Would that make some of you happy? :blink:

Right now it&#39;s about beating the Steelers. [/b][/quote]
    yes.... i would like to see him fired this minute. the offensive system and playbook are already in place. the offense would not change but the coach calling the plays would. i am pretty sure that green bay replaced their play caller with the head coach. and i think a couple of other teams may also have done the same. we have to have an assistant somewhere on this staff capable of calling plays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by primitive_skills+Dec 7 2004, 04:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (primitive_skills @ Dec 7 2004, 04:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetsfreak[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 04:18 PM
    [b] :ph34r:

Right now it&#39;s about beating the Steelers. [/b][/quote]
    yes.... i would like to see him fired this minute. the offensive system and playbook are already in place. the offense would not change but the coach calling the plays would. i am pretty sure that green bay replaced their play caller with the head coach. and i think a couple of other teams may also have done the same. we have to have an assistant somewhere on this staff capable of calling plays. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, his name is Chad Pennington. What a novel idea. A QB calling plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Dec 7 2004, 04:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Dec 7 2004, 04:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JonEJet@Dec 7 2004, 04:13 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-sackdance99[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:54 PM

Now go cheer for the G-Men <_< [/b][/quote]
    Truth hurts, huh? [/b][/quote]
    I guess so. gheeeeesh&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 04:15 PM
    [b] Truth hurts, huh? [/b][/quote]
    Im not sure....let me see.

You&#39;re a Knob Gobbler who loves the smell of another mans steamy nut satchel.

How do you feel?