Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9-3! We're fricken 9-3! Is anyone else here giddy!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll admit I thought 8-8, 9-7 at best this season. Now I believe we go 11-5. And not the way most think.

I believe we surprise Pitt this week by focusing on stopping the run (Erik the Great is gonna step up in single coverage). We lose in a let down to Seattle, we lose a close one to NE, and we beat the Rams to finish.

Then, in a perfect world we beat SD in the first round of the playoffs, and become the hip pick to play for the AFC championship next year.

Believe it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm visibly aroused - does that count? ;)

Not too crazy about your predictions tho. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    only around the areole.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see the Jets win 3 out of the 4.

12-4 baby!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not giddy. My confidence level is high for the moment. That is always subject to change on Sunday afternoon.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell yeah, If you told me 9-3 in the begginning of the season, i would have said maybe 7-5. This is a real good year for us and amazingly we could be 11-1 our selves.

I say we lose to Pitt, win Seattle, lose Patriots and Win Rams

Go 11-5 and beat SD in the first round then shock the world by beating the Patriots on their field in the 2nd round. How sweet it is.

Jacksonville here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I say we lose to Pitt, win Seattle, lose Patriots and Win Rams[/b][/quote]

that's too obvious. This is the Jets we're talking about. We'll go 11-5, but keep it interesting!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LAJET[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 02:38 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I say we lose to Pitt, win Seattle, lose Patriots and Win Rams[/b][/quote]

that's too obvious. This is the Jets we're talking about. We'll go 11-5, but keep it interesting! [/b][/quote]
    Heh, I was about to agree with Iceman, but you're probably right.

I see us "upsetting" New England, although I don't think that will be such a surprise since we played them tough in their stadium. The letdown may come in St. Louis, but hopefully we will have a playoff spot wrapped up by then.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    im preety happy, but pissed at the same time. the 1 year were in prime position for a bye, or at least a 3 seed, were going to be a 5 or 6 and on the road. in east rutherford we could beat any1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in this pool where at the start of the year you pick the SB winner. The tiebreaker is picking the most improved team over last year's record.

Well I took Philly to win the SB (sorry fellow Jets fans)
    And NYJ as most improved, for the tiebreaker.
    So far I'm +3 over the 6 W's last year.

Gimme.
    Doug S.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LAJET[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 01:31 PM
    [b] only around the areole. [/b][/quote]
    :o

:lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defintely feelin' good! The Ravens game is still a sore spot, but if the defense continues to play at a high level I don't see why this team can't go deep into the playoffs.

Beating Pitt this week is a real possibility...Big Ben needs to come down to earth sometime and that time is now. The Steelers haven't been destroying people the last few weeks...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we're 9-3 but we should be AT LEAST 10-2. I think we can finish at worst 12-4, but I really think 13-3 and I also think we can go on the road and win in the playoffs. This game Sunday though is the big step. If we win Sunday, we can beat anyone, anywhere

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been sayin this the whole time! The Jets are 9-3 right now and are the 5th seed. Yes that ravens jets game i thought we had them and it is a sore spot but i mean so is the pats jets game! I mean we had them WE HAD THEM! If Pennington wud have looked to S. Moss he was WIDE OPEN and we wud have been 11-1 if we had beaten the ravens as well and we cud have but we did'nt and those are sore spots on me. The Jets with 1 or 2 more wins will stay at the 5th seed. Which i personally think they will win against pit, win a close one to pats win against the seahwks and win against the rams to go 13-3. WOW to a long time greeving jets fan how awsome wud that be? Now I think Jacksonville will pull out and get the 6th seed. The Chargers will end of getting the 4th seed and colts will get the 3rd seed. so it will be as follows

1st seed- Steelers

2Nd seed- Pats

3rd seed- Colts

4th seed- Chargers

5th seed- Jets

6th seed- Jags

Now i've been looking at the NFL Playoff brackets and it says that the 1st seeded team will always play the lower seeded team. so the Colts wud end of beating the Ravens in the Wildcard therefore pitting Steelers Vs. Colts in the Divisional game and the Jets would face the Chargers (5th seed Vs 4th Seed) the Jets then I think would win that game they would beat the chargers at their home like this year and then would go on to face the Pats!!!!!!! Divisonal game! They cud beat the pats and the colts wud beat the steelers and the jets could def. possibly beat the colts for the AFC Championship Game. (The jets have handled the colts pretty well in post-season play with a 41-0 win over the colts back in 02) And yes this is'nt 2002 but the jets could possibly beat the colts and go to their 2nd ever superbowl and face the Eagles. The Eagles are going to win the NFC anyway. And Donny Abraham would shut down t.o. It's not that far fetched it could happen!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a JETS fan far too long to be giddy...yet. However, I feel real excited about this teams chances and the fact that the AFC is the powerhouse and we're right in the mix.

Beat the Steelers on their own turf this Sunday and I'll seriously consider giddy.

GO JETS!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Im one person who thinks like the way the Jets have played this year and are deserving of the 9-3 record.The defense has played great and Martin has shown he can still carry the work load.A 11-5 record is a nice goal for this team and going on the road vs either Indy or San Diego I can see the Jets winning their first round matchup.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

9-3 in the NFL aint shabby

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by mreis171+Dec 7 2004, 02:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (mreis171 @ Dec 7 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LAJET[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 02:38 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I say we lose to Pitt, win Seattle, lose Patriots and Win Rams[/b][/quote]

that&#39;s too obvious. This is the Jets we&#39;re talking about. We&#39;ll go 11-5, but keep it interesting&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Heh, I was about to agree with Iceman, but you&#39;re probably right.

I see us "upsetting" New England, although I don&#39;t think that will be such a surprise since we played them tough in their stadium. The letdown may come in St. Louis, but hopefully we will have a playoff spot wrapped up by then. [/b][/quote]
    depending on what happens with indy and san diego we not want to win that game anyways.

if we have a spot locked up going in to week 17 could you envision a scenario with herm starting quincy and the rest of the 2&#39;s and basically preparign for san diego in the playoffs?

indy outside is beatable, especially on grass. but i do not want to play them in the dome.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LAJET[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 01:28 PM
    [b] I&#39;ll admit I thought 8-8, 9-7 at best this season. Now I believe we go 11-5. And not the way most think.

I believe we surprise Pitt this week by focusing on stopping the run (Erik the Great is gonna step up in single coverage). We lose in a let down to Seattle, we lose a close one to NE, and we beat the Rams to finish.

Then, in a perfect world we beat SD in the first round of the playoffs, and become the hip pick to play for the AFC championship next year.

Believe it. [/b][/quote]

[SIZE=3]NEXT YEAR??

WHAT ARE WE??

F&#39;N RED SOX FANS&#33;&#33;&#33;[/SIZE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets will drop one of the games to either Pittsburgh or New England. I&#39;d prefer it to be Pittsburgh, because if by some miracle New England starts dropping games (which i don&#39;t really see happening) who knows maybe we&#39;ll have a shot at the division. I&#39;d much rather have us win both, but I&#39;d like to see us stick it to all the Patsies on here.

My prediction: 12-4

Having J.Abe available for the playoffs will have a lot in determining how we fair in the playoffs. I really don&#39;t care who we face as long as it isn&#39;t the Colts in the RCA dome.