• baltimore (7-5)

11 29.73%
  • denver (7-5)

12 32.43%
  • jacksonville (6-6)

2 5.41%
  • buffalo (6-6)

12 32.43%

Thread: who will be the "other" wildcard team?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i say ravens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, Balitmore will be #6, they'll finish 10-6 with their 1 loss to Indy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Denver or Baltimore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    buffalo is playing as well as any1, they have a real shot to run the table. their only achillies heal is a loss to baltimore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to venture out a limb a little bit and say Buffalo. They've got a very favorable schedule the next three weeks and should be 9-6 heading into week 17 when they host Pittsburgh. Add the possibility that Pittsburgh could be in a position where they can rest their starters, and Buffalo could easily run the table.

Even if Pittsburgh has something to play for, Buffalo seems to be playing well enough where they could pull the upset at home.

Three playoff teams from the AFC East. That would be quite a feat. I don't think it's happened yet since the realignment. This could be the year.

If the Patriots win out and run the table en route to their 3rd SB in 4 years, how about a resume that includes an 18-1 record in a division where 3 of the 4 teams qualify for the playoffs and then possible playoff matchups with a 14-3 Colts team, 16-1 Steelers team, and then a Super Bowl matchup against the 17-1 Eagles.

That'd be a REDICULOUS playoff run. Bring on all challengers. Indeed, no one could ever deny that this Patriots team is one for the ages.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went with B-Lo also. Like J-Lo's marriages, their playoff appearance will only last a week.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

I'd have to go with the Broncos..The Bills are not making the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PYPER[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b] I'm going to venture out a limb a little bit and say Buffalo. They've got a very favorable schedule the next three weeks and should be 9-6 heading into week 17 when they host Pittsburgh. Add the possibility that Pittsburgh could be in a position where they can rest their starters, and Buffalo could easily run the table.

Even if Pittsburgh has something to play for, Buffalo seems to be playing well enough where they could pull the upset at home.

Three playoff teams from the AFC East. That would be quite a feat. I don't think it's happened yet since the realignment. This could be the year.

If the Patriots win out and run the table en route to their 3rd SB in 4 years, how about a resume that includes an 18-1 record in a division where 3 of the 4 teams qualify for the playoffs and then possible playoff matchups with a 14-3 Colts team, 16-1 Steelers team, and then a Super Bowl matchup against the 17-1 Eagles.

That'd be a REDICULOUS playoff run. Bring on all challengers. Indeed, no one could ever deny that this Patriots team is one for the ages. [/b][/quote]
    I forgot to mention the 21 game winning streak, and what would be 33 wins in 34 games.

WOW!

After imagining all that, I'm getting nervous Cincy is going to ruin that wonderful dream on Sunday. That should be a very good game. Cincy is very dangerous right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 02:56 PM
    [b] I went with B-Lo also. Like J-Lo's marriages, their playoff appearance will only last a week. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It definitely won't be Baltimore, they still have Indy and Pitt left on their schedule.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 04:08 PM
    [b] It definitely won't be Baltimore, they still have Indy and Pitt left on their schedule. [/b][/quote]

exactly. balti is out!

denver or BUFFALO wil make it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PYPER[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b]
    Add the possibility that Pittsburgh could be in a position where they can rest their starters, and Buffalo could easily run the table.

[/b][/quote]

If the Jets take care of business this week and beat the Steelers, how would they ever be in position to "rest their starters" for the Buffalo game?

BTW, Buffalo makes the playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Denver and Ravens both have 2 tough games each. They gonna crash and burn.

Bills sneak into the last spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's definitely nice for the JETS to have a 2 or 3 game lead with the other wildcard contenders. It puts them in a good situation but they can't relax on that right now and I believe that coach Herm will instill that idea in the players thought process for the rest of the season.

Although Denver hasn't been in the playoffs since Elway retired, I believe that this is their year that they'll get in.

Also, the Ravens still have to play the Colts and the Steelers away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Denver. They'll squeak in purely because of their running game. I don't think Boller can conceivably lead that team into the playoffs, and I think Buffalo and Jacksonville will both finish 8-8, 9-7 at best.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im going to go with Denver. Buffalo is playing better than all of these teams(though the Bengals should be put on this list), but the only chance they have is to win out which I dont think they will do. They will probably lose on any tiebreaker because they have so many losses in the AFC.