Thread: BTW

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ???????

this guy was nothing special here in ny, now he leads the league in tackles I think and is having his best season ever.

unbelievable, I guess the players around him make him better than he really is, or the system was really bad when he played for us. I mean, we had marvin and mo, and he was nothing great. now he has porter and bell, and is awesome. oh well

[color=red]
    [SIZE=3]STEELERS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!![/color][/SIZE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had a very good season last year too. He was always a good backer imo just used wrong in the old defense that was here at the time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting old, but didn't we used to use Farrior as a 4-3 linebacker for at least part of the time he was here, when he was naturally suited to be a 3-4 linebacker? A lot of guys need the perfect fit to be comfortable and effective. We saw it with Cowart playing on the outside last year.

Although as I check the Steelers site, Farrior is playing inside linebacker this year, but he is still in a 3-4, so my general assertion stands that he was misused/a bad fit at the time. Depending on what perspective you look at it from. :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 05:00 PM
    [b] ???????

this guy was nothing special here in ny, now he leads the league in tackles I think and is having his best season ever.

unbelievable, I guess the players around him make him better than he really is, or the system was really bad when he played for us. I mean, we had marvin and mo, and he was nothing great. now he has porter and bell, and is awesome. oh well

[color=red]
    [SIZE=3]STEELERS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!![/color][/SIZE] [/b][/quote]
    Farrior Wasn't terrible with us, but he wasn't great either. He never lived up to his status as the 8th player chosen overall in that draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had one good year with us, the last year with us recording 145 tackles. Last year he had a great year 141 tackles, but this year hes nowhere near that with 71 tackles well behind ray lewis who has 116.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    James Farrior = Sam Cowart 1st 3 yrs

Misused <_<

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As someone already said in one of these posts, Farrier&#39;s last year with the Jets was a very, very good one.

We should of been smart and resigned him then.

But, we were stupid and let him go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 05:11 PM
    [b] James Farrior = Sam Cowart 1st 3 yrs

Misused <_< [/b][/quote]
    Couldn&#39;t agree more.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Farrior was a good LB here and I was upset when he left. Oh well, Cowart is going to be gone in the offseason too and it wouldn&#39;t surprised me if he played well for another team too. But hey, i&#39;m happy with our trio of Barton, Vilma and Hobson. 3 young guys who should be together for years here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Farrior had 174 tackles his last year in Big GREEN

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Evsbabes[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:03 PM
    [b] As someone already said in one of these posts, Farrier&#39;s last year with the Jets was a very, very good one.

But, we were stupid and let him go. [/b][/quote]
    No, they were smart. Farrior wanted BIG &#036; and it just wasn&#39;t gonna be. He signed with the Steelers for much less.

He&#39;s a good linebacker.

I&#39;ll take the guys and salary cap room we have now, thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rbstern+Dec 7 2004, 08:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rbstern @ Dec 7 2004, 08:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Evsbabes[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:03 PM
    [b] As someone already said in one of these posts, Farrier&#39;s last year with the Jets was a very, very good one.

No, they were smart. Farrior wanted BIG &#036; and it just wasn&#39;t gonna be. He signed with the Steelers for much less.

I&#39;ll take the guys and salary cap room we have now, thanks. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed.

We cant have everyone guys. Thats the way the cap rolls. I wish we couldve kept him, Coles, and Thomas but the cap wont allow it. It sucks, but thats the way it is.

Id be more upset if we were struggling at the LB spot but we are in pretty good shape right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Cowart is not a Jet next year, I&#39;d bet he signs with the Pats.

He thrived in Buffalo in a 3-4 w/ Big Ted in front of him. He did well behind Drob & co, so I&#39;d expect him to be the FA pickup of the yr for the Pats, just in time to replace Phifer in the middle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rbstern+Dec 7 2004, 09:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rbstern @ Dec 7 2004, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Evsbabes[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:03 PM

I&#39;ll take the guys and salary cap room we have now, thanks. [/b][/quote]
    I heard he wasn&#39;t a big fan of Herm and that is why he accpted less. I do agree that for most of his career, he wasn&#39;t used properly. Also, he reported very llate his rookie year and was injured in his 2nd year so it took him a while to find his place. Ironically, the one year he really thrived in green and was actually used "correctly" was Herm&#39;s first year.