Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who laughed at me when I said...

Curtis would end this season with 1600+ yards rushing I just want to take this opportunity to say....HAHA!!!...Guess I was right. With 4 games left Curtis is just 295 yards away from 1600, and you know what, ill go crazy and say he will end with 1700 plus.

Take that Curtis bashers. :D

RUN CURTIS RUN!!!!!

atta boy JFIS124! These predictions i'd like to hear. If I had actually seen him in TC i would have agreed, but I didnt know he drank from the Fountian of Youth! Ill always love Curtis but I think LaMont should get 40% of the carries.

[quote][i]Originally posted by gangGREENinsider[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 06:45 PM
    [b] atta boy JFIS124! These predictions i'd like to hear. If I had actually seen him in TC i would have agreed, but I didnt know he drank from the Fountian of Youth! Ill always love Curtis but I think LaMont should get 40% of the carries. [/b][/quote]
    Personally I like what the Jets do with the 2 of these guys. Curtis gets 20-25 and the majority of those carries in the 1st 3 quarters and in the 4th quarter when the opposing defense is worn down you bring out LaMont, and let me tell you, no tired defense wants to face a running back like LaMont who could run you over and laugh at your face when you try to tackle him and he picks up 5-15 yards on almost every carry late in the game.

^^Yup and with a heady, mistake free QB who can move the chains and an aggressive defense, this team could be tailor-made for playoff football.

[quote][i]Originally posted by gangGREENinsider[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 06:53 PM
    [b] ^^Yup and with a heady, mistake free QB who can move the chains and an aggressive defense, this team could be tailor-made for playoff football. [/b][/quote]
    Definitley. All we have to work on on offense is getting the ball less to Anthony Becht and Jerald Sowell and more to Justin McCareins and Santana Moss.

Bump.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 08:40 PM
    [b] Curtis would end this season with 1600+ yards rushing I just want to take this opportunity to say....HAHA!!!...Guess I was right. With 4 games left Curtis is just 295 yards away from 1600, and you know what, ill go crazy and say he will end with 1700 plus.

RUN CURTIS RUN!!!!! [/b][/quote]
    When and where did you make this prediction??? After he had 1100?? ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET+Dec 7 2004, 07:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LockeJET @ Dec 7 2004, 07:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 08:40 PM
    [b] Curtis would end this season with 1600+ yards rushing I just want to take this opportunity to say....HAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;...Guess I was right. With 4 games left Curtis is just 295 yards away from 1600, and you know what, ill go crazy and say he will end with 1700 plus.

RUN CURTIS RUN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    When and where did you make this prediction??? After he had 1100?? ;) [/b][/quote]
    1st day I joined up here....but when I was at ESPN.com before here I had said 1600-1800.

Veteran
    y couldnt he have. #1 he was healthy from the get-go and #2 being the cut back runner he is, having a pro-bowl caliber guy like kendall rather then brent smith on the inside has definitely helped his numbers. not to mention the improved play of fabini and the outstanding fullback-reciever blcoking hes been getting.

All League
    HAHA..... I TOLD YOU GUYS PITTSBURGH AND SAN DIEGO WOULD BOTH WIN THEIR DIVISIONS THIS YEAR

I TOLD YOU GUYS DREW BREES WOULD MAKE THE PRO-BOWL

I TOLD YOU GUYS MANNING WOULD BREAK MARINO&#39;S RECORD

I TOLD YOU GUYS BERTRAND BERRY WOULD LEAD THE NFL IN SACKS AFTER 12 WEEKS

I TOLD YOU GUYS TORY JAMES WOULD LEAD THE NFL IN INTERCEPIONS

I TOLD YOU ITOLD YOU I TOLD YOU

DIDN&#39;T I? :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Congrats. I mean considering that had to be the [i]only[/i] prediction you made, you were right. I mean, you didnt predict anything else right? :rolleyes:

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:40 PM
    [b] Curtis would end this season with 1600+ yards rushing I just want to take this opportunity to say....HAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;...Guess I was right. With 4 games left Curtis is just 295 yards away from 1600, and you know what, ill go crazy and say he will end with 1700 plus.

RUN CURTIS RUN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Now we know who to look for if god forbid 28 gets hurt this week....never celebrate til its over, ask the Jerry Rice last nite...

Cause I predicted that Vinny would lead the boys from a 10 pt deficit under 2 mins left last nite and beat the hawks :lol:

You know...even last week a ton of you said 1500 but not 1600, so bite me.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][b] We have the best 1-2 punch at RB in the NFL. Curtis Martin will finish this year with his best year as a New York Jet. You&#39;ve heard it here, Martin will run for 1600 yards or more. LaMont Jordan will run for 500 or more. Run the ball to set up the pass. [/b][/quote]

From 124 over a month ago.

Thank you Bergen, my fellow Michigan fan, I can always depend on you buddy.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BergenJet[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 09:14 PM
    [b] [quote][b] We have the best 1-2 punch at RB in the NFL. Curtis Martin will finish this year with his best year as a New York Jet. You&#39;ve heard it here, Martin will run for 1600 yards or more. LaMont Jordan will run for 500 or more. Run the ball to set up the pass. [/b][/quote]

From 124 over a month ago. [/b][/quote]
    Over a month ago, ok? If you wouldve said this in the beginning of the year thats pretty good, but thats not amazing. Plus, Martin still hasnt gotten over 1600 yet so stop bragging.

Make this prediction in the beginning of the year and then when he actually does it, come lay down the smack.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Dec 7 2004, 09:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Dec 7 2004, 09:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BergenJet[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 09:14 PM
    [b] [quote][b] We have the best 1-2 punch at RB in the NFL. Curtis Martin will finish this year with his best year as a New York Jet. You&#39;ve heard it here, Martin will run for 1600 yards or more. LaMont Jordan will run for 500 or more. Run the ball to set up the pass. [/b][/quote]

From 124 over a month ago. [/b][/quote]
    Over a month ago, ok? If you wouldve said this in the beginning of the year thats pretty good, but thats not amazing. Plus, Martin still hasnt gotten over 1600 yet so stop bragging.

Make this prediction in the beginning of the year and then when he actually does it, come lay down the smack. [/b][/quote]
    Hey now, like I said, I made it before the season, believe it or not, I really don&#39;t care. But when everyone else here said, "Oh no, he&#39;ll get 1300 or 1400, at most 1500" I came here being the only one that said 1600.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:40 PM
    [b]Curtis would end this season with 1600+ yards rushing I just want to take this opportunity to say....HAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;...Guess I was right. With 4 games left Curtis is just 295 yards away from 1600, and you know what, ill go crazy and say he will end with 1700 plus.

RUN CURTIS RUN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/quote]
    Nice call. Nice to see Curtis leading the lead in rushing&#33;

[url=http://www.nfl.com/stats]http://www.nfl.com/stats[/url]

Nice call. Of course, if he&#39;s worn out in the playoffs, its your fault&#33; :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 09:34 PM
    [b] Nice call. Of course, if he&#39;s worn out in the playoffs, its your fault&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    He won&#39;t be, Curtis a workhorse.

Although, he may have his most amount of carries in a season this year.
    His most in a year is 369 in his 1st year here, but he&#39;s also had years with 368 and 367. So far this year he has 282 with 4 games left, we&#39;ll see.

But hey, like fine wine, Curtis gets better with age.