Thread: Al and John are idiots...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    on the final onside kick of the game they were wondering why the seahawks didnt fair catch it...they were saying how stupid it was not to fair catch it.... the reason they didnt is because they couldnt..those idiots didnt realize that the kicker kicked the ball straight into the ground and then went 10 feet in the air... once it hits the ground the ball is live... only if you pop it is fair catchable.... the old guys are a joke

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFan3288[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:25 PM
    [b] on the final onside kick of the game they were wondering why the seahawks didnt fair catch it...they were saying how stupid it was not to fair catch it.... the reason they didnt is because they couldnt..those idiots didnt realize that the kicker kicked the ball straight into the ground and then went 10 feet in the air... once it hits the ground the ball is live... only if you pop it is fair catchable.... the old guys are a joke [/b][/quote]
    Al Micheals is old news, he's been on ABC way too long.

John Madden = master of the obvious.

NOW LETS GET THAT TURKEY LEG! ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    id rather listen to neon deion :unsure:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    madden has definitely lost his fastball, he doesnt even seem to know any1 whos not a skill player. i think michaels is a solid play by play guy who would be better served w/ another analyst. the chemistry in the mnf booth is medicore at best

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    madden sounds like an old fat guy eating beans on a metal dish on the verge of a heart attack

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    but when your a football analyst you should know the idiosyncracies(spelling? lol)....when you dont know how an onside kick works its just pathetic

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well ,they are better then chris collinsworth or Phil "I hate the Jets " Simms
    Or should I dare say it
    DENNIS MILLER

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sick of Nantz not doing the NFL Today, Gumbel and him need to switch again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sufferingjetsfan[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 07:33 PM
    [b] Well ,they are better then chris collinsworth or Phil "I hate the Jets " Simms
    Or should I dare say it
    DENNIS MILLER [/b][/quote]
    Simms is my favorite football announcer. He seems to be the only guy who has a clue and he gives great insight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those two were bad in the part of the game I watched last night. I had no idea they would botch up an onside kick ruling like that either, especially Madden. They screwed up bad when Vinny fumbled the snap trying to ground it and Im not sure if they ever really grasped what happenned. Michaels is too full of himself to be good anymore and hes such a pain behind the scenes they will never get anyone good to be in the booth with him.

I also agree that Simms is the best thing going in the game today when it comes to the NFL. I remember when he and Montana started around the same time doing studio work and everyone was all excited about Montana but man did he stink. And Simms has come a long way and fast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    funniest shizet ever last night

Seahawks line-up in a 4 WR set with ther last WR lined up very tight

Madden misreads it as a 3 WR set and quickly pulls out his computer drawing thing-a-magig to circle all the stuff in yellow and such. So he doesn't pick up on the 4 WR until he starts circling the supposed 3 WR. So here is what he said:

"Here is the 1st WR, the 2nd, the 3rd, and this . . . . thing, right here"

Yes, my friends, John Madden circled the final 4th WR that he missed and called it, "thing"