Thread: Karl Malone to the Knicks?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isiah Thomas called Karl Malones agent and expressed interests in bringing Malone to the Knicks

please for the love of christ let this be a bad joke or something&#33; <_< :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he comes back it&#39;ll be to play with a winner

So dont worry about it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Icer@Dec 10 2004, 07:35 PM
    If he comes back it&#39;ll be to play with a winner

So dont worry about it
    the Knicks are going to be a winner....(of the atlantic division)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He&#39;s not coming, and in reality, how much more can he help out over Kurt?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malone doesn&#39;t want to play here and thank god.

We already have to deal with Houston&#39;s crap, we don&#39;t need Malone&#39;s.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it when past-their-prime heros of my youth sign with my favorite team, at least in basketball where I accept defeat by the season&#39;s opening tip-off. I was so excited that the Clippers signed Glen Rice last year. I was a Tim Hardaway and Popeye Jones signing away from ordering NBA League Pass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Troll@Dec 17 2004, 02:44 AM
    I love it when past-their-prime heros of my youth sign with my favorite team, at least in basketball where I accept defeat by the season&#39;s opening tip-off.
    larry johnson, antonio mcdyess, dikembe mutumbo, vin baker, penny hardaway (well, he was a throw-in player from a blockbuster trade, but still...)

the knicks have a history of these moves

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blackout806@Dec 18 2004, 01:38 PM
    larry johnson, antonio mcdyess, dikembe mutumbo, vin baker, penny hardaway (well, he was a throw-in player from a blockbuster trade, but still...)

Larry Johnson was a good player for us.

McDyess was a good gamble at the time, and he is playing very well for Detroit.

Mutumbo was the best center available for the cap space when we signed him.

Baker is a bust (but a cheap bust)

Penny brings a good deal to this team. Hell, we lost the Detroit game due to him being on the IR recently since nobody could inbound the ball to Marbury. Plus, we had to take that bad contract for the Marbury deal to go through. (we also gave up the bad contracts of Ward and McDyess in that deal).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BergenJet+Dec 18 2004, 09:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BergenJet @ Dec 18 2004, 09:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806@Dec 18 2004, 01:38 PM

Penny brings a good deal to this team. Hell, we lost the Detroit game due to him being on the IR recently since nobody could inbound the ball to Marbury. Plus, we had to take that bad contract for the Marbury deal to go through. (we also gave up the bad contracts of Ward and McDyess in that deal). [/b][/quote]
    Actually, in that Marbury trade, McDyess was not a bad contract to trade, as his was expiring at the end of the year, which is what the Suns wanted. I sort of wish that Penny and McDyess could have stayed where they were, but then the deal would not have gone down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mbn007+Dec 20 2004, 12:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Dec 20 2004, 12:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by BergenJet@Dec 18 2004, 09:38 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806
    @Dec 18 2004, 01:38 PM

Penny brings a good deal to this team. Hell, we lost the Detroit game due to him being on the IR recently since nobody could inbound the ball to Marbury. Plus, we had to take that bad contract for the Marbury deal to go through. (we also gave up the bad contracts of Ward and McDyess in that deal).
    Actually, in that Marbury trade, McDyess was not a bad contract to trade, as his was expiring at the end of the year, which is what the Suns wanted. I sort of wish that Penny and McDyess could have stayed where they were, but then the deal would not have gone down. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, it would have came off the books. I keep thinking he had 1 year left.