Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks beat the Nets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Knicks suck. Just ask Knickerbocker.

15 minutes of fame? :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+Jan 29 2005, 05:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JumbalayaJet @ Jan 29 2005, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-preludepunk@Jan 29 2005, 06:07 PM
    P.S. Jumbalaya, off topic, but you see the RU/Nova game today? Thank god I wasn&#39;t there cause I would have been furious&#33;
    Lucky for me I&#39;m stuck in work all day. It&#39;s really too bad we have no size to support the backcourt. Not gonna be a good season for the men&#39;s team, I&#39;m afraid. I think Lester Lyles(Nova fan) went. I&#39;ll be at the RAC to check out the girls 2/13 vs. UCONN. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah i was supposed to be at this game and the St. John&#39;s (my favorite bball team) on the 2nd, but I&#39;m stuck in the ****ty weather of NC...oh well. I&#39;m an RU fan but my heart belongs to St. John&#39;s cause I was raised on them...feel free to make fun of that.

P.S. Nets beat the Jazz tonight....ROCK&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we all agree now that the Knicks are not going to win the Atlantic? At the rate they are going they are going to be lucky to win 35 games and will probably be in last place at the end of the week, though still probably only about 3 or 4 games out of first

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Atlantic Division winner sadly may set a mark for worst division winner record ever they way it is going. The Nets went 3 and 2 on their road trip which is outstanding no matter how you look at it. If they could get some help upfront they would be able to come back and take the division. I see they picked up Campbell off waivers but who knows if he even wants to play for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by preludepunk@Jan 30 2005, 03:51 AM
    Yeah i was supposed to be at this game and the St. John&#39;s (my favorite bball team) on the 2nd, but I&#39;m stuck in the ****ty weather of NC...oh well. I&#39;m an RU fan but my heart belongs to St. John&#39;s cause I was raised on them...feel free to make fun of that.

P.S. Nets beat the Jazz tonight....ROCK&#33;
    I&#39;ve always supported the Johnnies because it&#39;s so easy to get to MSG via PATH train. Nothing like having a backup underdog in the Big East.

LOL, is Starbury still the best PG?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Jan 30 2005, 10:49 AM
    LOL, is Starbury still the best PG?
    Once again the team gets worse with Stephon leading the way. Watching Kidd back at close to full strength and then watching Marbury is just funny and then people still try to compare the two. If RJ is healthy I think you could make an argument the Nets have 3 guys better than the Knicks best player. Without a doubt they have 2.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marbury is overrated just like Allen Houston

TomShane
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Jan 31 2005, 07:42 PM
    Allan Houston is a world-class disgrace, and an absolute *****. I never thought I&#39;d be more disgusted watching a basketball player than I was watching Charles Smith play, but Houston has, by far, topped Smith as far as being a p***y. Just despicable, and Exhibit A of why you don&#39;t give above-average players maximum contracts.

Marbury and Co.
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Jan 29 2005, 06:03 PM

Just like the Boston Red Sox, except w/o a championship. The Nets 3 years of success doesn&#39;t make up for 25+ years of complete failure. Yeah, the Knicks may suck now, but I&#39;ll take sucking for 4 years after a dacade of great success over what the Nets have had.

Marbury and Co.
    Originally posted by TomShane+Feb 1 2005, 11:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Feb 1 2005, 11:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smizzy@Jan 31 2005, 07:42 PM
    Allan Houston is a world-class disgrace, and an absolute *****. I never thought I&#39;d be more disgusted watching a basketball player than I was watching Charles Smith play, but Houston has, by far, topped Smith as far as being a p***y. Just despicable, and Exhibit A of why you don&#39;t give above-average players maximum contracts. [/b][/quote]
    Above average players don&#39;t average 20 ppg. Where was this post 2 years ago?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Marbury and Co.+Feb 15 2005, 06:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marbury and Co. @ Feb 15 2005, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smizzy@Jan 29 2005, 06:03 PM

Just like the Boston Red Sox, except w/o a championship. The Nets 3 years of success doesn&#39;t make up for 25+ years of complete failure. Yeah, the Knicks may suck now, but I&#39;ll take sucking for 4 years after a dacade of great success over what the Nets have had. [/b][/quote]
    That "decade of great success" produced just as many championships as the Nets&#39; three-year run. In fact, the Nets got closer than the Ewings three times. 69 was a great NY sports year, but that&#39;s how far back you&#39;ll need to go to find any "success."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Marbury and Co.+Feb 15 2005, 06:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marbury and Co. @ Feb 15 2005, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smizzy@Jan 29 2005, 06:03 PM

Just like the Boston Red Sox, except w/o a championship. The Nets 3 years of success doesn&#39;t make up for 25+ years of complete failure. Yeah, the Knicks may suck now, but I&#39;ll take sucking for 4 years after a dacade of great success over what the Nets have had. [/b][/quote]
    Being a Knicks fan and living in the past go hand in hand, eh? You can pretend the Knicks have had some rich history, but the truth of the matter is, they suck now, and really, what else matters than that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about we make this easier?

Both the Knicks and the Nets suck.

No Eastern Conference team, even AI and the Sixers, have a chance of winning it all. If there happens to be some sort of a miracle in which they do, it&#39;ll be either Miami or Detroit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Feb 16 2005, 06:22 AM
    If there happens to be some sort of a miracle in which they do, it&#39;ll be either Miami or Detroit.
    Or Cleveland. Laugh if you must, but I think the Cavs have a shot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetFan-68+Feb 16 2005, 06:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetFan-68 @ Feb 16 2005, 06:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124@Feb 16 2005, 06:22 AM
    If there happens to be some sort of a miracle in which they do, it&#39;ll be either Miami or Detroit.
    Or Cleveland. Laugh if you must, but I think the Cavs have a shot. [/b][/quote]
    Very possible shot with King James and Igalskus, or however you spell it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124+Feb 16 2005, 09:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsFanInSec124 @ Feb 16 2005, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by JetFan-68@Feb 16 2005, 06:09 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124
    @Feb 16 2005, 06:22 AM

Very possible shot with King James and Igalskus, or however you spell it. [/b][/quote]
    I will bet a grand to anyone who thinks the cavs will even make it to the eastern conference finals. they&#39;ll lose in the first round. maybe get to the second round. no way in hell they&#39;re making it to the finals. They can&#39;t win on the road. I think they&#39;ve only won like 5 road games in the last 3 months or something so they better pray that they got home court advantage every round cause they&#39;re screwed if they don&#39;t. I respect a lot of guys on that team like Lebron, Big Z, Gooden, Verajao is their foreign version of the net&#39;s scalabrine but more talented and more goofy, but they&#39;re never gonna get farther than the second round this season, even if they&#39;re in the ****ty eastern conference.

Marbury and Co.
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+Feb 15 2005, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JumbalayaJet @ Feb 15 2005, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Marbury and Co.@Feb 15 2005, 06:45 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Smizzy
    @Jan 29 2005, 06:03 PM

Just like the Boston Red Sox, except w/o a championship. The Nets 3 years of success doesn&#39;t make up for 25+ years of complete failure. Yeah, the Knicks may suck now, but I&#39;ll take sucking for 4 years after a dacade of great success over what the Nets have had.
    That "decade of great success" produced just as many championships as the Nets&#39; three-year run. In fact, the Nets got closer than the Ewings three times. 69 was a great NY sports year, but that&#39;s how far back you&#39;ll need to go to find any "success." [/b][/quote]
    The Net&#39;s got closer than the Knicks ever did? Didn&#39;t the Nets get absolutely obliterated in both trips to the Finals, (that by the way no one gave a s**t about, lowest rated Finals in a while)? If John Starks doesn&#39;t shoot 2 - 50 in Game 7, the Knicks win the 94 championship.

The Nets never even had a legitimate shot at a title. They went to the Finals two years in a row, where the East was the weakest it ever was and as a result were smoked in both trips to the Finals.

Marbury and Co.
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Feb 16 2005, 06:22 AM

No Eastern Conference team, even AI and the Sixers, have a chance of winning it all. If there happens to be some sort of a miracle in which they do, it&#39;ll be either Miami or Detroit.
    Aren&#39;t the defending champs the Detroit Pistons? They are still IMO the best team in the NBA, and it won&#39;t take a miracle for either them or Miami to win the championship this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Marbury and Co.+Feb 19 2005, 11:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marbury and Co. @ Feb 19 2005, 11:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124@Feb 16 2005, 06:22 AM

Aren&#39;t the defending champs the Detroit Pistons? They are still IMO the best team in the NBA, and it won&#39;t take a miracle for either them or Miami to win the championship this year. [/b][/quote]
    Western Conference is so much more powerful then the Eastern Conference this year then it was last year. The Lakers were full of oldies and the NBA&#39;s most over-rated player (Kobe) last year, Pistons won. Put the Pistons up against the Spurs and the series won&#39;t go 6 games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFan-68
    I know it's too late, but I'd like to retract this statement. Their star has fallen.