Thread: Nader: Democrats Used 'Dirty Tricks' Against Me

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Ralph Nader is charging the Democratic Party establishment with using "dirty tricks" and "political bigotry" to keep him off the ballot in important battleground states in last month's presidential election.

"They did all the things that are described by the phrase 'dirty tricks,' and succeeded in getting us off some very important ballots," the perennial presidential wannabe tells Counterpunch magazine.

Nader complained that state party leaders filed "21 phony lawsuits" that his team had to defend against. "We won most of the state Supreme Court decisions, but they harassed and intimidated our signature gatherers," he said.

Among the states that bounced Nader: Pennsylvania and Ohio, two of the most hotly contested. Other Nader-free zones engineered by the Democrats included Oregon, Arizona, Massachusetts and Texas.

"That's what we call political bigotry, constitutional crimes, violation of our civil liberties," he told Counterpunch. "We have it all documented."

Nader said Dems went so far as to employ Ken Starr's old law firm, Kirkland & Ellis, which was paid "millions of dollars . . . to unleash a huge assault on our ballot access rights."

He warned that the Democratic Party has now been taken over by the Democratic Leadership Council, whose guiding principal, he said, is: "Don't upset business at all.

"Be very friendly to business. Turn your back on the corporate crime wave that's looted tens of trillions of dollars from pension holders, small investors, and workers Enron-style. Keep raising money from them, and keep talking about education, and generalities."

Spread the hate, CBTNY. The sore winner.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 10:19 AM
    [b] Spread the hate, CBTNY. The sore winner. [/b][/quote]
    ShadeTree: the internet's toughest tough guy....and by the reads of many of his posts the ultimate hypocrite.

Of course if I'm annoying you then that's a good thing. :D

Ahhh, admit it, CBTNY . . . deep down, there's a part of you that wishes Kerry won. It would give you a lot more to gripe about.

Here's a bone to chew on (WARNING this contains more than a few f-bombs):

[url=http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/other_stories/multi_3/documents/04256169.asp]http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_f...ts/04256169.asp[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by nickledefense[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 01:43 PM
    [b] Ahhh, admit it, CBTNY . . . deep down, there's a part of you that wishes Kerry won. [/b][/quote]
    yes...the hairs on my ass are deeply dissapointed by the outcome.

Well the hairs on your ass seem to be the only ones who care.

douchebag.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 04:05 PM
    [b] Well the hairs on your ass seem to be the only ones who care.

douchebag. [/b][/quote]
    good one...internet tough guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

how anyone can call a guy who everyday risks life and limb protecting the hard knock streets of Newark NJ an "internet toughguy" is beyond me :blink: :D

Does anyone else here think as I do that Democrats SUCK more than Republicans?

In other words, did anyone here beside me vote for Nader?

GO JETS!!!!!!

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 09:01 AM
    [b] Ralph Nader is charging the Democratic Party establishment with using "dirty tricks" and "political bigotry" to keep him off the ballot in important battleground states in last month's presidential election.

"They did all the things that are described by the phrase 'dirty tricks,' and succeeded in getting us off some very important ballots," the perennial presidential wannabe tells Counterpunch magazine.

Nader complained that state party leaders filed "21 phony lawsuits" that his team had to defend against. "We won most of the state Supreme Court decisions, but they harassed and intimidated our signature gatherers," he said.

Among the states that bounced Nader: Pennsylvania and Ohio, two of the most hotly contested. Other Nader-free zones engineered by the Democrats included Oregon, Arizona, Massachusetts and Texas.

"That's what we call political bigotry, constitutional crimes, violation of our civil liberties," he told Counterpunch. "We have it all documented."

Nader said Dems went so far as to employ Ken Starr's old law firm, Kirkland & Ellis, which was paid "millions of dollars . . . to unleash a huge assault on our ballot access rights."

He warned that the Democratic Party has now been taken over by the Democratic Leadership Council, whose guiding principal, he said, is: "Don't upset business at all.

"Be very friendly to business. Turn your back on the corporate crime wave that's looted tens of trillions of dollars from pension holders, small investors, and workers Enron-style. Keep raising money from them, and keep talking about education, and generalities." [/b][/quote]
    Oh please, now Republicans are defending Nader. He was in this race for his own self-centered self. I think the Democrats used what are known as "laws" to keep him off ballots in some states. Yeah we were a bit bothered by his signature gatherers, as many of the signatures were from Republicans who would never vote for Nader, and just wanted to hurt the Democrats. Nader is just *****ing and moaning, who cares what he thinks.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Dec 17 2004, 06:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat @ Dec 17 2004, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 09:01 AM
    [b] Ralph Nader is charging the Democratic Party establishment with using "dirty tricks" and "political bigotry" to keep him off the ballot in important battleground states in last month&#39;s presidential election.

"They did all the things that are described by the phrase &#39;dirty tricks,&#39; and succeeded in getting us off some very important ballots," the perennial presidential wannabe tells Counterpunch magazine.

"That&#39;s what we call political bigotry, constitutional crimes, violation of our civil liberties," he told Counterpunch. "We have it all documented."

Nader said Dems went so far as to employ Ken Starr&#39;s old law firm, Kirkland & Ellis, which was paid "millions of dollars . . . to unleash a huge assault on our ballot access rights."

He warned that the Democratic Party has now been taken over by the Democratic Leadership Council, whose guiding principal, he said, is: "Don&#39;t upset business at all.

"Be very friendly to business. Turn your back on the corporate crime wave that&#39;s looted tens of trillions of dollars from pension holders, small investors, and workers Enron-style. Keep raising money from them, and keep talking about education, and generalities." [/b][/quote]
    Oh please, now Republicans are defending Nader. He was in this race for his own self-centered self. [/b][/quote]
    Who is defending Republicans???

Please, point to a sentence in the article or something that was posted where a defense was put up for Republicans?

You must have a guilty conscience, being a dim and all...no this was about the total hypocrisy of the demokRATS. They call themseleves "pro-choice" as they don&#39;t want to be branded the obvious: "pro-abortion".

Yet when you come right down to it whether it is gun control, against school vouchers, or letting legit candidates on the ballots to give voters another option, they in fact are anything but "pro-choice".

I debated this with a lib in my gym and the answer I got??? "Pro-choice only refers to the topic of abortion&#33;" :blink:

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Dec 17 2004, 09:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Dec 17 2004, 09:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Dec 17 2004, 06:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 09:01 AM
    [b] Ralph Nader is charging the Democratic Party establishment with using "dirty tricks" and "political bigotry" to keep him off the ballot in important battleground states in last month&#39;s presidential election.

"They did all the things that are described by the phrase &#39;dirty tricks,&#39; and succeeded in getting us off some very important ballots," the perennial presidential wannabe tells Counterpunch magazine.

"That&#39;s what we call political bigotry, constitutional crimes, violation of our civil liberties," he told Counterpunch. "We have it all documented."

Nader said Dems went so far as to employ Ken Starr&#39;s old law firm, Kirkland & Ellis, which was paid "millions of dollars . . . to unleash a huge assault on our ballot access rights."

He warned that the Democratic Party has now been taken over by the Democratic Leadership Council, whose guiding principal, he said, is: "Don&#39;t upset business at all.

"Be very friendly to business. Turn your back on the corporate crime wave that&#39;s looted tens of trillions of dollars from pension holders, small investors, and workers Enron-style. Keep raising money from them, and keep talking about education, and generalities." [/b][/quote]
    Oh please, now Republicans are defending Nader. He was in this race for his own self-centered self. [/b][/quote]

Please, point to a sentence in the article or something that was posted where a defense was put up for Republicans?

You must have a guilty conscience, being a dim and all...no this was about the total hypocrisy of the demokRATS. They call themseleves "pro-choice" as they don&#39;t want to be branded the obvious: "pro-abortion".

Yet when you come right down to it whether it is gun control, against school vouchers, or letting legit candidates on the ballots to give voters another option, they in fact are anything but "pro-choice".

I debated this with a lib in my gym and the answer I got??? "Pro-choice only refers to the topic of abortion&#33;" :blink: [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re a Republican defending Nader to attack Democrats. It&#39;s pathetic that you give that POS an ounce of credibility. Nader is just a whiny little girl, maybe if he got signatures from people that would actually vote for him instead of Republicans who wanted to hurt Kerry, he would have been allowed on ballots. You&#39;re such a petty whiny POS yourself it&#39;s not worth debating anything with you. Seriously, wow look the Dems did this&#33; WAAHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; You do such a great job playing the poor little victim. You really are annoying as hell, but hey, when you&#39;re a republican, spreading lies and hearsay is fun.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Dec 19 2004, 12:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat &#064; Dec 19 2004, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Dec 17 2004, 09:32 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Dec 17 2004, 06:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 09:01 AM

I debated this with a lib in my gym and the answer I got??? "Pro-choice only refers to the topic of abortion&#33;" :blink: [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re a Republican defending Nader to attack Democrats. It&#39;s pathetic that you give that POS an ounce of credibility. Nader is just a whiny little girl, maybe if he got signatures from people that would actually vote for him instead of Republicans who wanted to hurt Kerry, he would have been allowed on ballots. You&#39;re such a petty whiny POS yourself it&#39;s not worth debating anything with you. Seriously, wow look the Dems did this&#33; WAAHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; You do such a great job playing the poor little victim. You really are annoying as hell, but hey, when you&#39;re a republican, spreading lies and hearsay is fun. [/b][/quote]
    [quote][b]You really are annoying as hell, but hey, when you&#39;re a republican, spreading lies and hearsay is fun.[/b][/quote]

As opposed to rats like yourself who can&#39;t face the truth?? And if I am annoying to rats and libs then job well done on my behalf&#33;&#33; :D

[img]http://i.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2004/1101041227_400.jpg[/img]

All League
    Oh I can face the truth fine. Of course it&#39;s hard to get the truth out there with the Republican echo chamber known as the media. The liberal media is a joke, and anybody who believes that BS really is a brainwashed sheeple.

[img]http://dave.hero.com/stalin2.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Republican echo chamber??

Aren&#39;t you the same guy who thinks Viacom is outside the mainstream?

[quote][b]You do such a great job playing the poor little victim. You really are annoying as hell, but hey, when you&#39;re a republican, spreading lies and hearsay is fun.

douchebag.

internet tough guy.[/b][/quote]

Lighten up guys, it&#39;s Reaganmas.

[img]http://www.fauxnewschannel.com/reaganmas.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    "Plug it in, Otis"

[img]http://pbskids.org/rogers/songlist/slimages/proudofyou_pic.jpg[/img]