Thread: No NHL?? Post Your Hockey Videos/Pictures Here

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got this link from a friend and it gave me an idea. Since we can't have hockey, let's build a collection of hockey fights, etc. off the web. If you have a link or can host a fight video or other related material, post it here.

Here's a great fight video that takes us back the days BEFORE the instigator rule. The good ole days when people could come off the bench.

http://southbostonoffline.com/fights.wmv

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey at least on MSG I get to watch my 1994 Rangers lately. B) :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even the Pope's intervention can not save this hockey season Guns. Until they realize hockey is a regional sport and plan accordingly they are doomed for failure

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Whalers fan, my most memorable fight was one of the most odd ones in NHL history...

Sabers enforcer Wayne Primeau knocks out the Whalers starting goalie in the mid 1990's....At which point, Whalers leader Keith Primeau drops the gloves and starts pounding Wayne Primeau relentlessly(his brother)...

Can't find video or photo's, but it happened and was on every news outlet for a week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Jan 4 2005, 12:16 AM
    As a Whalers fan, my most memorable fight was one of the most odd ones in NHL history...

Sabers enforcer Wayne Primeau knocks out the Whalers starting goalie in the mid 1990's....At which point, Whalers leader Keith Primeau drops the gloves and starts pounding Wayne Primeau relentlessly(his brother)...

Can't find video or photo's, but it happened and was on every news outlet for a week.
    That's fricken great.

Even if Keith was a bumbling idiot on skates with the Red Wings. LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was great, yet bitter-sweet...Just saw the date, of the fight 4/7/1997-- just a few days after the Whalers announced they were moving Angry

Primeau took that hard and the players seemed to be an edge at that time. I remember Keith ran straight to the looker to phone his family in Ontario....His parents told him it was OK, as long as he still "loved his brother" :wacko:

Keith said yes

Only the Whalers could produce such moments of hockey infamy

Here's Keith's 1996-97 fight card

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/29/fightcard/reg97

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Jan 5 2005, 12:10 PM
    It was great, yet bitter-sweet...Just saw the date, of the fight 4/7/1997-- just a few days after the Whalers announced they were moving Angry

Primeau took that hard and the players seemed to be an edge at that time. I remember Keith ran straight to the looker to phone his family in Ontario....His parents told him it was OK, as long as he still "loved his brother" :wacko:

Keith said yes

Only the Whalers could produce such moments of hockey infamy

Here's Keith's 1996-97 fight card

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/29/fightcard/reg97
    Sweet riggins.

I was just thinking of the old days of the Whalers when I was watching my 2002 Red Wings Stanley Cup DVD against (gulp) Carolina.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a pretty kickin' tribute to the three NJ Devils Stanley Cup winning teams located here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 5 2005, 11:43 AM
    Vicious Domi Hit
    That was Darcy Tucker, actually. I remember that game; about a minute after that hit, the Flyers scored and ended the series.

1967! :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best hockey fights I ever saw was the St.Catherines street brawl between Quebec and Montreal during the Stanley Cup playoffs. I think it was 1984.

They had a big bench clearing brawl after the second period and then when they came out onto to the ice to start the third period it started all over again. It funny how somebody brought up the Primeau brothers going at it, this one had the Hunter brother Dave and Dale squaring off at one point.

I think another good idea since there is most likely going to be no hockey this year is that if you see your local Fox Sports Net showing a classic game let us know. This past Wendsday on Fox Sports Net New York they had game 4 of the 1975 Eastern Conference Semi's between the Islanders and the Flyers. It was a great game featuring the likes of Bobby Clarke, Reggie Leach, Bernie Parent and Dave Schultz for the Flyers and Dennis Potvin, Garry Howatt, Bob Nystrom for the Islanders.

MSG this week will be showing I think it is game 1 of the 1986 playoffs between the Flyers and the Rangers. That is something I will be putting on the Tivo. !!!!

Love old time Hockey !!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like