Thread: Angry Father speaks out

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The writer is a priest.

[url=http://www.suntimes.com/output/greeley/cst-edt-greel24.html]http://www.suntimes.com/output/greeley/cst...dt-greel24.html[/url]

[b]No peace on Earth during unjust war [/b]

One reads in the papers that the Pentagon expects the war in Iraq to continue till 2010. Donald Rumsfeld will not guarantee that it will be over by 2009. How many dead and maimed Americans by then? How many sad obituaries? How many full pages in the papers with pictures of all the casualties?

Why?

The reasons change: weapons of mass destruction, war on terror, freedom and democracy for the people of Iraq, American credibility. All are deceptions. This cockamamie and criminally immoral war was planned before the Sept. 11 attack in which Iraq was not involved. It has nothing to do with the war on terror. American-style freedom and democracy in Arab countries are hallucinations by men and women like Paul Wolfowitz and Condi Rice whose contribution to the war is writing long memos -- Republican intellectuals with pointy heads.

One must support the troops, I am told. I certainly support the troops the best way possible: Bring them home, get them out of a war for which the planning was inadequate, the training nonexistent, the goal obscure, and the equipment and especially the armor for their vehicles inferior. They are brave men and women who believe they are fighting to defend their country and have become sitting ducks for fanatics. Those who die are the victims of the big lie. They believe that they are fighting to prevent another terror attack on the United States. They are not the war criminals. The ''Vulcans,'' as the Bush foreign policy team calls itself, are the criminals, and they ought to face indictment as war criminals.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    (Yawn)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Dec 28 2004, 09:02 AM
    [b] (Yawn) [/b][/quote]
    yeah obviously the deaths of american servicemen is boring to 5ever

he only cares about saving human lives if they are pre-natal and the size of a quarter.

as for the guys we have already lost and are gonna lose fighting this disgrace of a war?

hey i guess they got what was coming to them right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're hilarious, Bitonti.

Excuse me if I yawn at this typical nonsense. You are against the war in Iraq and I support it. What's the major press release there?

You think our boys are dying in vain, and I do not.

"Got what was coming to them." - do you even read what you write??

And you have the nerve to accuse others here of resorting to personal attacks? That's a pretty horrible thing to say about me, and you know for a fact that it isn't true and that I have cousins serving over there right now. I care deeply about our military and contribute a substantial amount of money to military charities, and have sent over ten care packages to Iraq. We disagree on this War. Fine, you even disagree pasisonately. Fine. But please stop implying that you know what I am thinking, cause you don't know anything about anything and it's just immature. Yup Bitonti, I disagree with you, so I must be a horrible person.

I am waiting patiently for you or others to blame the tsunami that killed all those peopleon Bush and the GOP. I am willing to bet any amount of money that it happens...the UN is already calling us "cheap." It's unreal.

It is so annoying listening to the same ignorant, emotional prattle. Now, this new kid curtisthegreat comes along parroting Jon Stewart wit and boilerplate anti-Bush talking points, and I am supposed to care about the same tired arguments people have been using around here for almost two years now? Please....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    my point is if you don't have anything to say then don't say anything...

(yawn) :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough, I over-reacted...true....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    FAAAAARRRRRT!!!!!!!! Oooooops!! Excuse me!!! :P