Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: she girlfriend's gift to me

Hall Of Fame
    Dude she sucks and you're being taken for granted. Dump her, start the grieving process (which will be bad) and move on.

I don't care if she's the best lay in the world, get rid of her.

That sex you just had, that's the goodbye sex, dump that b*tch.

Hall Of Fame
    This is his girl we are talking about...

Why should Mayone dump her because she failed to get him some sort of material possessions? Sure, she should have gotten him a card, but some of you are a bit harsh. She already said that she is going to buy his gift Monday, and that she purchased presents for not a single person.

I wouldn't remotely consider dumping my wife if she couldn't get me a present for some reason....

Also, to SOME of the youngsters out there... We can barely tolerate listening to you rant on and on about sports... we sure as hell don't need your opinions on relationships...

Hang in there Chris. She will make it up to you. I mean, where could she possibly find someone with guns like yours. ;)

chris, this crap shouldnt happen maybe if u were married 4 15 years.. But during the dating stage common. she should be trying to impress u if she sees a future with u in it?? That is just my 2 cents..by the way dump her and go see Bren nothing better than a girlfriend who is a Jets fan!

[quote][i]Originally posted by chrismayone+Dec 25 2004, 04:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chrismayone &#064; Dec 25 2004, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Dec 25 2004, 03:24 PM
    [b] She&#39;s either found somebody else or she&#39;s lookin ... but one thing is clear, she no-longer appreciates what she has
    [/b][/quote]
    I hear that dude. BUt when you get my age (25) and you date someone for three years its hard to start over [/b][/quote]
    Chris,

Fear not man. I dated my ex-fiance from age 15 thru almost age 22 (almost 6 full years). We split (she had issues, the kind that resulted in other men landing on her while naked, accidentally of course...)

At the time, I was crushed to no end. Seriouly, the razors edge man...6 years was a hell of a long time and a hell of alot of effort..and my 22 then isn&#39;t far from your 25 now.

But I found someone new. Suprisingly fast, actually. And we&#39;ve been together almost 8 years now, lived together for almost 6, and I converted her from a non-football Steelers fan, into a die-hard NY Jets fan (how cool is that, she&#39;s loyally gone to the bar with me every weekend in-season for all 8 years now.)

And I am an unl;ovable fatso with issues, LOL&#33; So fear not.

My advice? You need to sit down and talk to her man. Find out what the hell was up? No money? No time? Issues on her side? Whatever it is, no card says alot. If there was no presant, but a card, you&#39;d be okay I think....but no card on top of no presant and she flippantly passes it off as too busy? To me (and I have experience here my friend) that screams of more serious issues, potentially of the "other male" kind.

You have to talk to her and find out though, one way or the other. You simply cannot make a good informed choice without doing that.

Sit her down and do the subtle interogation thing, the kind that gets the info you need without pissing her off too much.

Then you&#39;ll know what to do.

Good Luck man. Seriously.

Maxman
    I do know one thing. People shouldn&#39;t post when they are drunk. (This was not directed at you Mr. Mayone).

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Dec 26 2004, 01:31 AM
    [b] I do know one thing. People shouldn&#39;t post when they are drunk. (This was not directed at you Mr. Mayone). [/b][/quote]
    Seems to be a ton of that going around lately. ;)

Dude, its freakin Christmas. You don&#39;t just not get someone you love a present. Tthere is no way on earth she didn&#39;t have enough time. Especially working in the mall. I think you need to read the writing on the wall and have a sit down with her and find out what&#39;s goin on.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chrismayone[/i]@Dec 25 2004, 03:40 PM
    [b] So, Think you got it bad. My girlfriend of 3 years today says to me, "I didnt have time to shop for you this year."

Not even a card, nothing. of did i mention she works in the mall at American Eagle [/b][/quote]
    mayone, which American Eagle does she work at... I am currently a disgruntled employee there :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

[quote][b]2-She does not put out that much, on a scale of 1-10, maybe a .5[/b][/quote]

Dump her and spread the news on e-bay.

I have to agree 100% with gj and h.

IF your in love, which you obviously are because you seek advice, youve got to bite the bullet, dump her ass and take the guns with you elsewhere. Its already over, dude.

how long have you been going with her? you do know the 50% rule, dont ya? If you were going out for 3 years it will take you 1 and a half years to fully be over it and be able to laugh about it. sorry bro, i feel for ya been there done that

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@Dec 25 2004, 05:18 PM
    [b] I&#39;d set her parents house on fire. [/b][/quote]
    jetmoses is your wife into any of that wierd macumba or spiritual stuff like so many brasilians are?

Kick her ass out the door&#33;&#33;

Rookie
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Dec 26 2004, 12:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Dec 26 2004, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chrismayone@Dec 25 2004, 04:38 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Dec 25 2004, 03:24 PM
    [b] She&#39;s either found somebody else or she&#39;s lookin ... but one thing is clear, she no-longer appreciates what she has
    [/b][/quote]
    I hear that dude. BUt when you get my age (25) and you date someone for three years its hard to start over [/b][/quote]
    Chris,

Fear not man. I dated my ex-fiance from age 15 thru almost age 22 (almost 6 full years). We split (she had issues, the kind that resulted in other men landing on her while naked, accidentally of course...)

At the time, I was crushed to no end. Seriouly, the razors edge man...6 years was a hell of a long time and a hell of alot of effort..and my 22 then isn&#39;t far from your 25 now.

But I found someone new. Suprisingly fast, actually. And we&#39;ve been together almost 8 years now, lived together for almost 6, and I converted her from a non-football Steelers fan, into a die-hard NY Jets fan (how cool is that, she&#39;s loyally gone to the bar with me every weekend in-season for all 8 years now.)

And I am an unl;ovable fatso with issues, LOL&#33; So fear not.

My advice? You need to sit down and talk to her man. Find out what the hell was up? No money? No time? Issues on her side? Whatever it is, no card says alot. If there was no presant, but a card, you&#39;d be okay I think....but no card on top of no presant and she flippantly passes it off as too busy? To me (and I have experience here my friend) that screams of more serious issues, potentially of the "other male" kind.

You have to talk to her and find out though, one way or the other. You simply cannot make a good informed choice without doing that.

Sit her down and do the subtle interogation thing, the kind that gets the info you need without pissing her off too much.

Then you&#39;ll know what to do.

Good Luck man. Seriously. [/b][/quote]
    :blink: :huh: :blink:

Man when the writings on the wall READ IT&#33;

It hurts to no end when you are in love with someone but you know in your heart that this is not the wife you want. Some issues you can get by with..but when your not getting sex like you want it and she doesn&#39;t even get you a goddamn card for X-mas you know in your heart that this relationship is going nowhere.

I was with my daughters mom for 9 years...she was my first TRUE love. Not some high school infatuation sh*t...a mature young women who I actually would kill someone for.

After all that time...living together and having a baby, we came to the conclusion that this wouldn&#39;t work out. I have since moved on and she has too, but we are together in the sense that we put our daughter above all else.

It was a tough transition and I shed many tears over not seing my daughter everyday, but it worked out for the best. You guys don&#39;t have that type of thing going..move ON. It&#39;s tough in the beginning but it will get better, I&#39;m 29 so I know how you feel. Move on dawg and trust me, it will get better after it feels the worst.

Hall Of Fame
    dude get even, post some naked pics of her here ...or at least email me one so i can turn it into an avatar

since we&#39;re in the dating advice thread try this one on for size...

this girl invites me to her familys christmas eve party....so i go and all that...btw this is a girl ive been seeing for a few months...

next day dont get a call so i leave her a message, and doesnt even call back...so i call later that night on my friends phone and she says she was really busy that day...

now I know i need to drop her but the question is how to go about it...

kill her with silence, absense or just straight up drop her...

[quote][i]Originally posted by TurkJetFan[/i]@Dec 26 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] since we&#39;re in the dating advice thread try this one on for size...

this girl invites me to her familys christmas eve party....so i go and all that...btw this is a girl ive been seeing for a few months...

next day dont get a call so i leave her a message, and doesnt even call back...so i call later that night on my friends phone and she says she was really busy that day...

now I know i need to drop her but the question is how to go about it...

kill her with silence, absense or just straight up drop her... [/b][/quote]
    If you&#39;re going to drop her just do it. I can&#39;t stand people that can&#39;t get to the point and make things drag on. Dump her a&#036;&#036; and move on. Best for both of you.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by the Vinman[/i]@Dec 26 2004, 12:39 PM
    [b] [/QUOTE]
    If you&#39;re going to drop her just do it. I can&#39;t stand people that can&#39;t get to the point and make things drag on. Dump her a&#036;&#036; and move on. Best for both of you. [/b][/quote]
    Agree.
    I think it&#39;s total chickensh** when people pull that disappearing or silence crap.
    You don&#39;t wanna be with somebody?
    Let &#39;em know it.

Don&#39;t know if you wanna be with somebody?
    Then you probably don&#39;t.

Merry Christmas&#33;&#33;
    Doug S.

haha well that made things clear