Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edwards may be in trouble

Hall Of Fame
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT BUFFOON ROAMING THE SIDELINE. [u][i][b]Again, what does Edwards do[/b][/i][/u]? Master Motivator is BS. Bill Callahan and Tom Coughlin have had winning teams, and between'em they have all the personality of well-worn urninal cakes. Almost every time Edwards matches up against any top coach not named Tony Dungy, he loses.

Henderson rusn the defense.

Westhoff the specials.

And apparently Edwards allows the Assclown to do what ever he likes with the offense.

The problem for Edwards is that if he throws Hackett under the bus after 4 years of his crap after dumping Cottrell last year, it calls attention again to the fact that Edwards doesn't really have much to do or say with the coaching of this team; he's a figurehead. In year 1 or 2, that "Hackett was Bradway's choice' stuff washes. But Edwards is the head coach in his 4th year;if he had reservations about Hackett, why has it taken this long? How can he go to Johnson after 4years of same sh1t different day with this a-clown and only now he wants him gone? And at the point that Johnson sees that Edwards doesn't do much of anything, Edwards puts his own head on the block forthwith. What the hell is Johnson paying him for in the first place if he hasn't done soemthing to address this fiasco?

When the really ahrd quesiotn gets asksed-what the ff are we paying Edwards to do, other than making the NFL office happy-he gets seriuously scrutinized.

Walton, Coslet, Carrol, Kotite....Edwards?

Iv'e seen this movie before. The only thing between Edwards and the door is the backlash the Jets might face if the send him packing. But arguably the 2 top candidates would have to be Donnie Henderon and Romeo Crennel, so that's a nonissue.

If you want to win 9-10 games a year and lose out when it matters, Edwards is your man-and don't ***** abotu never having a 1 or 2 AFC seed, you know what he's about going in-just good enough to compete, but not taking the leap. To really chaellenge the top teams, either Henderson or Crennel gets this job.

in all seriousness.....herman is a good coach

no b/s......

his records speak for themselves. he always has a good football team

BUT NEVER GREAT OR GOOD ENOUGH

I think this is the conflict between the herm lovers and herm haters. the haters see him as the guy who cant win the big ones and the lovers say that he is a good coach and any year now he has just as much a chance to win the SB as any other coach

whatever.

right now im more worried about chad, if he is a total fraud and a headcase to boot, we are screwed more than hermans threat

TomShane
    Bugg, I'd sell a testicle to get Herman out of here, but it ain't happenin'

We'll just go through the song and dance of getting a new OC, and allowing Herman to look like the poor, put-upon HC again, whether it was mean old Terry Bradway who wouldn't get him players, or mean old Ted Cottrell who couldn't run the Cover-2, or, now, mean old Paul Hackett who ran the O into the ground. Herman the Helpless is teflon-coated, my man. It's the same old Jets, but instead of going 6-10, we now go 9-7, so I guess that's improvement.

But, it does bear asking again....

What does Herman DO?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:02 PM
    [b] I'd sell a testicle to get Herman out of here [/b][/quote]
    You have them? :blink: :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 07:57 PM
    [b] in all seriousness.....herman is a good coach

no b/s......

his records speak for themselves. he always has a good football team

BUT NEVER GREAT OR GOOD ENOUGH

I think this is the conflict between the herm lovers and herm haters. the haters see him as the guy who cant win the big ones and the lovers say that he is a good coach and any year now he has just as much a chance to win the SB as any other coach

whatever.

right now im more worried about chad, if he is a total fraud and a headcase to boot, we are screwed more than hermans threat [/b][/quote]
    Dickie..Then Hackett record speaks for Him and it was Chad that got
    us to the Playoffs the Deepest so Far so his record speaks for him!
    You Guys trash everyone but Teflon Hermie.. <_< If the others are
    Bad so is Hermie&#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

What I can&#39;t understand is the logic behind anyone wanting to keep Herm around. Wouldn&#39;t it serve the Jets better to bring in a offensive minded HC, OC, and QB coach all at the same time. Thus speeding up the process that is installing a new offense. Everyone must remember that Installing an entirely new system takes time and lost of coaching.

Here we go with the NFL office crap again.

So once again someone is implying that Edwards got the job because he is black. The stupidity that runs on this board is downright sad.

He didn&#39;t have head coaching experience..I know...but maybe just maybe he gave a great interview that made Woody hire the guy.By the way considering the fact that Woody spent 800 million to buy the team, I would think he would have chosen the guy he thought was right to lead his team.

I can deal with people not liking the guy, that&#39;s cool, but as a black man myself this affirmative action bs some of you spew gets on my nerves. It&#39;s not like the guy has been horrible since he has been here...and the team is 10-5 after being 6-10 last year. Cowher in Pittsburgh has not won anything in 12 years, Herm&#39;s here for 4 after having successful teams 3 out of 4 and you guys want him gone.

Quote:

When the really ahrd quesiotn gets asksed-what the ff are we paying Edwards to do, [b]other than making the NFL office happy[/b]-he gets seriuously scrutinized

If you actually think the Jets hired the man because he is black then I really feel sorry for you.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 07:51 PM
    [b] PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT BUFFOON ROAMING THE SIDELINE. [u][i][b]Again, what does Edwards do[/b][/i][/u]? Master Motivator is BS. Bill Callahan and Tom Coughlin have had winning teams, and between&#39;em they have all the personality of well-worn urninal cakes. Almost every time Edwards matches up against any top coach not named Tony Dungy, he loses.

Henderson rusn the defense.

Westhoff the specials.

And apparently Edwards allows the Assclown to do what ever he likes with the offense.

The problem for Edwards is that if he throws Hackett under the bus after 4 years of his crap after dumping Cottrell last year, it calls attention again to the fact that Edwards doesn&#39;t really have much to do or say with the coaching of this team; he&#39;s a figurehead. In year 1 or 2, that "Hackett was Bradway&#39;s choice&#39; stuff washes. But Edwards is the head coach in his 4th year;if he had reservations about Hackett, why has it taken this long? How can he go to Johnson after 4years of same sh1t different day with this a-clown and only now he wants him gone? And at the point that Johnson sees that Edwards doesn&#39;t do much of anything, Edwards puts his own head on the block forthwith. What the hell is Johnson paying him for in the first place if he hasn&#39;t done soemthing to address this fiasco?

When the really ahrd quesiotn gets asksed-what the ff are we paying Edwards to do, other than making the NFL office happy-he gets seriuously scrutinized.

Walton, Coslet, Carrol, Kotite....Edwards?

Iv&#39;e seen this movie before. The only thing between Edwards and the door is the backlash the Jets might face if the send him packing. But arguably the 2 top candidates would have to be Donnie Henderon and Romeo Crennel, so that&#39;s a nonissue.

If you want to win 9-10 games a year and lose out when it matters, Edwards is your man-and don&#39;t ***** abotu never having a 1 or 2 AFC seed, you know what he&#39;s about going in-just good enough to compete, but not taking the leap. To really chaellenge the top teams, either Henderson or Crennel gets this job. [/b][/quote]
    ask the Giants about Coughlin.. his firts year not going so well

Coslet, Wlaton, Kotite - no comparison never made the playoffs more than twice and never had more than 2 winning seasons..
    Herm is not great but with agood supporting cast he doesn;t need to be - Get Hackett outr and replace with a good OC and we are a better team

[quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:09 PM
    [b] Get Hackett outr and replace with a good OC and we are a better team [/b][/quote]
    Yup, thats our only problem. Get rid of hackett and magically Herm will learn how to manage a clock.

Get rid of Hackett and Herm learn to go for it on 4th and 2 from the 37 yardline in the 2nd half, down two scores with your punter averaging 20 yards per punt.

Get rid of Hackett and herm will stop underutilizing talents like LaMont Jordan and Jonathan Carter. Hey, at one point he refused to play pennington until vinny got "hurt" and he had nothing to lose.

Hackett is a big part of the problem, but if you think he is the only problem you&#39;re going to be in for a rude awakening.

THe only thing Herm has going for him is that the players love playing for him. Other than that he&#39;s as useless as a knife in a shootout when it comes to actually coaching.

There is a reason why he is 2-6 against bellichick.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMan57+Dec 27 2004, 08:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsMan57 @ Dec 27 2004, 08:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-djaparz[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:09 PM
    [b] Get Hackett outr and replace with a good OC and we are a better team [/b][/quote]
    Yup, thats our only problem. Get rid of hackett and magically Herm will learn how to manage a clock.

Get rid of Hackett and Herm learn to go for it on 4th and 2 from the 37 yardline in the 2nd half down, two scores with your punter averaging 20 yards per punt.

Get rid of Hackett and he will stop underutilizing talents like LaMont Jordan and Jonathan Carter.

Hackett is a big part of the problem, but if you think he is the only problem you&#39;re going to be in for a rude awakening.

THe only thing Herm has going for him is that the players love playing for him. Other than that he&#39;s as useless as a knife in a shootout when it comes to actually coaching. [/b][/quote]
    oh yeha i forgot the clock management is why we lost yesterday..

what coach do you want - The almight Parcells - he is looking reall good down in dallas... No how about Dick Vermeil where is his team????

You guys make me laugh - you have all the damn answers how come your not an NFL coach - you seem to know what is needed

No, clock management didnt hurt us yesterday, but it sure did screw up the baltimore game which may ultimately come back to seal our fate if we collapse next week.

I seem to know what is needed? I dont think Herm is any good and you do. It seems like YOU think you know whats needed too, right?

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMan57[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:23 PM
    [b] No, clock management didnt hurt us yesterday, but it sure did screw up the baltimore game which may ultimately come back to seal our fate if we collapse next week.

I seem to know what is needed? I dont think Herm is any good and you do. It seems like YOU think you know whats needed too, right? [/b][/quote]
    yes you know whats right - consistency - what good is it if every 3 years we have a new coach - if you worked for a major corporation and your boss kept changing the staff would not know what is expected -

in 3 seaosns we went to the playoffs 2 times and are on the verge of a 3rd in 4 years ...

Further more that game vs Baltimore was lost before that last possesion - you can;&#39;t blow a 14 pt olead at home - that last series should not hav emeant naything the game should have been long over...

You going to blame Lamont for the INT???

[quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz+Dec 27 2004, 08:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (djaparz @ Dec 27 2004, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMan57[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:23 PM
    [b] No, clock management didnt hurt us yesterday, but it sure did screw up the baltimore game which may ultimately come back to seal our fate if we collapse next week.

I seem to know what is needed? I dont think Herm is any good and you do. It seems like YOU think you know whats needed too, right? [/b][/quote]
    yes you know whats right - consistency - what good is it if every 3 years we have a new coach - if you worked for a major corporation and your boss kept changing the staff would not know what is expected -

in 3 seaosns we went to the playoffs 2 times and are on the verge of a 3rd in 4 years ...

Further more that game vs Baltimore was lost before that last possesion - you can;&#39;t blow a 14 pt olead at home - that last series should not hav emeant naything the game should have been long over...

You going to blame Lamont for the INT??? [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know how much time you have spent in the real world but personel at the top changes about every 4 years so long as production and improvement is lacking. Just pointing out that this is a bad example. Generally in the NFL it works the same way. You get a 4 year window.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Chase[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:08 PM
    [b] Here we go with the NFL office crap again.

So once again someone is implying that Edwards got the job because he is black. The stupidity that runs on this board is downright sad.

He didn&#39;t have head coaching experience..I know...but maybe just maybe he gave a great interview that made Woody hire the guy.By the way considering the fact that Woody spent 800 million to buy the team, I would think he would have chosen the guy he thought was right to lead his team.

I can deal with people not liking the guy, that&#39;s cool, but as a black man myself this affirmative action bs some of you spew gets on my nerves. It&#39;s not like the guy has been horrible since he has been here...and the team is 10-5 after being 6-10 last year. Cowher in Pittsburgh has not won anything in 12 years, Herm&#39;s here for 4 after having successful teams 3 out of 4 and you guys want him gone.

Quote:

When the really ahrd quesiotn gets asksed-what the ff are we paying Edwards to do, [b]other than making the NFL office happy[/b]-he gets seriuously scrutinized

If you actually think the Jets hired the man because he is black then I really feel sorry for you. [/b][/quote]
    There&#39;s no doubt that Herm can talk and probley would come off Great in
    a interview..But the Facts were Tags was getting Heat from Johnny Cochran
    and Herm was in the Minority Program and was tight with Tags..And Tags
    did want a minority Coach to at least Coach one of the NY Teams..He had
    no shot with the Mara&#39;s but he did with a new Owner and GM..Especially one
    that asked him for advice&#33;&#33; I would have Taken Lewis or Fox that year&#33; And
    BTW I think Herm is a Great person..I just like a different type of HC..And
    Coach Henderson is in that mold&#33; Just my opinion...You really think that if
    Hermie was all German not just 1/2 he would have got the Job?? :lol:

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rsherryjr+Dec 27 2004, 08:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rsherryjr @ Dec 27 2004, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by djaparz@Dec 27 2004, 08:26 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMan57[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:23 PM

I don&#39;t know how much time you have spent in the real world but personel at the top changes about every 4 years so long as production and improvement is lacking. Just pointing out that this is a bad example. Generally in the NFL it works the same way. You get a 4 year window. [/b][/quote]
    ok so in 4 years we get in the playoffs possibly 3 times.. pretty good i think

Parcells did it once and then ran for another team

herm is a figurehead? yeah what else is new... he&#39;s always set the tone for the team...

Herm has been to the playoffs before - but this team goes only as far as the offense and QB takes it - he learns and yes makes mistakes while he goes along but the clouds gather non stop for all NFL HC not named Bill it seems ...

here&#39;s a question though JETS fans - if you are HC what can you do? pull Chad for Quincy after the franchise invested 64M in him? :blink:

might not go down very well with the FO and ownership

#10 hurts? just bad? at what point is enough enough? :ph34r: B)

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:30 PM
    [b] herm is a figurehead? yeah what else is new... he&#39;s always set the tone for the team...

Herm has been to the playoffs before - but this team goes only as far as the offense and QB takes it - he learns and yes makes mistakes while he goes along but the clouds gather non stop for all NFL HC not named Bill it seems ...

here&#39;s a question though JETS fans - if you are HC what can you do? pull Chad for Quincy after the franchise invested 64M in him? :blink:

might not go down very well with the FO and ownership

#10 hurts? just bad? at what point is enough enough? :ph34r: B) [/b][/quote]
    thank you &#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Herm isn&#39;t going anywhere but Hackett is...............do you hear that Hackett???? Huh, huh......bastid......... Angry

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz+Dec 27 2004, 08:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (djaparz @ Dec 27 2004, 08:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by rsherryjr@Dec 27 2004, 08:28 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by djaparz@Dec 27 2004, 08:26 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMan57[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:23 PM

I don&#39;t know how much time you have spent in the real world but personel at the top changes about every 4 years so long as production and improvement is lacking. Just pointing out that this is a bad example. Generally in the NFL it works the same way. You get a 4 year window. [/b][/quote]
    ok so in 4 years we get in the playoffs possibly 3 times.. pretty good i think

Parcells did it once and then ran for another team [/b][/quote]
    Tuna won the Super bowl in year 4..Hey Herm has a shot this year to do the
    same&#33;&#33; Lets wait and see, since most of you like to compare him to the Tuna&#33; ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz+Dec 27 2004, 08:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (djaparz &#064; Dec 27 2004, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMan57[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:23 PM

O i got it. So lets not fire herm just to stay consistent. We&#39;ll consistently underachieve, consistenly lose to good teams, consistently struggled down the stretch and have to squeeze into the playoffs on the last game of the year and we&#39;ll consistently never have a #1 or #2 seed. But hey, this is all fine becauase atleast we&#39;re being consistent.

Yup, you got it all figured out chief.

SO we MAY make the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years under Herm. Thats marvelous but my goal is to win the super bowl, not make the playoffs and get ousted right away.