Thread: woody johnson

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    its hard to really gague his personality. the only time he speaks out is for his stadium plans. do you think his mission statement in running our beloved franchise is to win a superbowl at ALL costs, even being cut throat and showing little or no conscious if he were to ever have to, kind of like george steinbrenner OR do you think hes satisfied w/ playing meaningful games week in and week out, being a perenial or semi-perenial playoff team, with marginal success {like we have during his tenure} and be fine w/ that, kind of like fred wilpon would be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    how would everyone feel at a neww stadium after a loss like that -

I have been syaing it all along a new stadium mewans nothing - we were HONM yetsterday and blew it - so what would a newstadium with really over priced tickets food and beer and 200luxury boxes do for us vs the pats

absilutley nothing but pad owners wallet

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JIMBOJET28[/i]@Dec 27 2004, 08:21 PM
    [b] its hard to really gague his personality. the only time he speaks out is for his stadium plans. do you think his mission statement in running our beloved franchise is to win a superbowl at ALL costs, even being cut throat and showing little or no conscious if he were to ever have to, kind of like george steinbrenner OR do you think hes satisfied w/ playing meaningful games week in and week out, being a perenial or semi-perenial playoff team, with marginal success {like we have during his tenure} and be fine w/ that, kind of like fred wilpon would be. [/b][/quote]
    salary cap ...ends it right there ...just so different when u add that into it !

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really think he is more like George. We will see if the Jets don't make the playoffs this weekend. But I just have a hunch.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i understand that w/ the cap, but look at it from this standpoint. herm edwards is alot like dungy. he had success in tampa, making them a perenial playoff team, but glazer had to make a tough decision and fire him to bring in gruden, after pursuing parcells. would woody do the same w/ herm if were in that situation of always being a bridesmade?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    he reminds me of Barney Rubble.

[img]http://my.core.com/~pzicari/text/Barney_r.jpg[/img]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b][SIZE=2]Les Nessman = Woody[/SIZE][/b]

[img]http://www.reallycoolsite.org/images/moviestv/wkrp/tectv5095.jpg[/img] [img]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/01/10/jets_sale_ap/t1_johnson_ap.jpg[/img]