Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SUCK ON THIS FRANCE (U.S. With Ten Fold Increase)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b][url]http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=374525[/url]

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States plans to increase its aid to victims of Asia's devastating tsunami to $350 million from $35 million, CNN reported on Friday.[/b]

Only France and "Old Europe" could turn a mega disaster like this into a contest to see who has a bigger cock. When word got out that they (France) had only contibuted approx. $136K of the EU's initial $4M they decided to one up the US by going over the $35M we had set at the time. I read it last night, I wish I could remember which site it is on. From the get go, the US stated that their aid package would increase immensely in its amount as time quickly progressed, but that wasn't enough for a certain idiot from the UN and the French. The US, who in a 4 year span contibuted more in foreign aid and disaster relief then the world combined became an immediate target.

Well suck on this France. You like apples??? We just increased our aid to $350 million and rerouted a carrier group to help with the relief. How you like them apples?

Sorry fellas, I've had it to here with France and Old Europe. I'm sick of these has-beens attempting to feel as if they still play a major role in world politics. They sure as hell didn't seem to mind the dollar amount of the Marshall plan 60 years ago.

And one more god damn thing while I'm on my rant. The UN seems to be a little upset at the relief coalition formed by the US, Austraila, India & Japan to help South Asia. They feel that the coalition is 'underminding' the UN's role in disaster relief. Hey UN, you have no role because your organization is a group of bumbling fools who couldn't operate a sidewalk lemonade stand. Your organization pisses away millions of dollars a year and is more corrupt than Pol Pot. You couldn't walk across the street without it costing $100K. The 'coalition' has formed for a reason. They want their citizens' tax dollars earmarked for relief to actually go for relief. We've seen enough of your organization. We're taking matters into our own hands and it's going to be 100X better then anything the UN could ever do.

Liberals and Conservatives UNITE!!!!! This is our opportunity to come together with a common goal. To declare the UN the frauds that they are and to stand proud as a nation for what we are doing to assist in South Asia.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    The French...

"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these
    drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by
    prostitutes." ---Mark Twain

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French
    one behind me." --- General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
    accordion." ---Norman Schwartzkopf "We can stand here like the French,
    or we can do something about it." ----Marge Simpson

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure" ---Jacques
    Chirac, President of France;

"As far as France is concerned, you're right." ---Rush Limbaugh

The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army
    is sitting in Paris sipping coffee." --- Regis Philbin

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any
    better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit
    outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more
    stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of Irish whiskey
    I don't know." --- P. J. O'Rourke
    (1989)

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of
    the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have
    the face for it." ---John McCain, U. S. Senator from Arizona

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because
    he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French,
    people." --Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get
    Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans
    out of France!" ---Jay Leno

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag." ---David Letterman

French Army tanks have five gears: four in reverse, and one
    forwards, in case the enemy attacks from the rear.

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France.

France announced today that it plans to ban fireworks at Euro
    Disney, following last night's display that caused soldiers at a nearby
    French army garrison to surrender.

Seen on Ebay: French army rifle for sale. Never fired, dropped once

Only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman who lives in Canada.
    --Ted Nugent

In France one must adapt oneself to the fragrance of a urinal.
    --Gertrude Stein

The French bourgeois doesn't dislike merde, provided it is served up to him at the right time.
    --Jean-Paul Sartre (1905-80), French philosopher, author. [Jeeze, even the French don't like the French]

Let's nuke the frogs and steal their - their, uh, oh Hell, let 'em keep whatever it is they have.
    --Terry Pack

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is pretty funny NE Hick. And I do agree that the French are basically a bunch of pussies. The one good thing they have done is help us win our Revolution. But ever since they lost Napoleon it's been pretty much downhill from there for them. :D

[url=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html]http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Où est l'amour ? :(

Ayez une nouvelle année merveilleuse.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Liberals and Conservatives UNITE!!!!! This is our opportunity to come together with a common goal. To declare the UN the frauds that they are and to stand proud as a nation for what we are doing to assist in South Asia. [/b][/quote]

Agreed. Get them out of the US today, if not faster.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are far more Americans buried in Normandy then those of Frenchmen buried here in America at Yorktown or anywhere else.

Screw the French, Jacques Chirac, and the European Union

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty dumb---different war, different technology-more men involved and higher kill rates.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Dec 31 2004, 09:16 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Liberals and Conservatives UNITE!!!!! This is our opportunity to come together with a common goal. To declare the UN the frauds that they are and to stand proud as a nation for what we are doing to assist in South Asia. [/b][/quote]

Agreed. Get them out of the US today, if not faster. [/b][/quote]
    back the truck up...I'll start loading...of course if a few lins get packed on that'd be nice too! ;)

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rextillion, pretty dumb response. Regardless of time, weaponry, etc, France contributed far less per capita in deaths and then expenditure of GNP for our revolution then we have expended during two world wars to save their sorry butts. I would have expected that response from Jacques Chirac. If you would like I could recommend some fine histororical accounts so before posting your next response you might become a tad bit better educated.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael Savage made some interesting points tonight about NOT giving money....

Considerig the number of die-hard U.S. enemies in the most devastated areas, it is VERY likely (according to Mr. Savage) that good portions of teh aid will go directly into corrupt governments and Muslim extremist groups located there.

Kind of a hard ass way of thinking......but it does make you think.

He also wondered how, if the U.S. millitary is spread so tight manpower-wise, how they can spare the flotilla of U.S. Naval Vessels and troops now being used in aid service.....

Like I said, hard ass, but maybe something to think about. Maybe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Frankly, it would be stupid to skimp on this.....there are political advantages for being generous.

Indonesia is (I think) the largest Muslim nation in the world. ..and they tend to be kinda nice muslims.

This is a great chance to earn brownie points with some Muslims who may not yet be aligned with the Klingons in the desert.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 11:28 PM
    [b] Well, Frankly, it would be stupid to skimp on this.....there are political advantages for being generous.

Indonesia is (I think) the largest Muslim nation in the world. ..and they tend to be kinda nice muslims.

This is a great chance to earn brownie points with some Muslims who may not yet be aligned with the Klingons in the desert. [/b][/quote]
    I tink it is going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.

But I'll tell you this, as someone pointed out late last week I'm getting sick of scumbag networks like ABC andmost recently, CNN on Sunday talk about how "people are making comparisons between the $30-billion we spent on the hurricanes in Florida and only spending $250-million on the Tsunamia relief"...all they are doing is turning Americans off.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jan 4 2005, 02:30 AM
    [b] Michael Savage made some interesting points tonight about NOT giving money....

Considerig the number of die-hard U.S. enemies in the most devastated areas, it is VERY likely (according to Mr. Savage) that good portions of teh aid will go directly into corrupt governments and Muslim extremist groups located there.

Kind of a hard ass way of thinking......but it does make you think.

He also wondered how, if the U.S. millitary is spread so tight manpower-wise, how they can spare the flotilla of U.S. Naval Vessels and troops now being used in aid service.....

Like I said, hard ass, but maybe something to think about. Maybe. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, if it’s true he said that, it makes me think Savage is a low-life Neanderthal. If
    something as tragic as this doesn’t go beyond politics in his eyes, then I guess nothing ever will. Shameful!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Iraq really taxing the Navy?

I was there in Gulf1 and all we did was float around in circles for a year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Considerig the number of die-hard U.S. enemies in the most devastated areas, it is VERY likely (according to Mr. Savage) that good portions of teh aid will go directly into corrupt governments and Muslim extremist groups located there.
    [/b][/quote]

Like how we finance the Saudis (or vice versa) or the Israelis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by long time sufferer[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 09:24 PM
    [b] Hey Rextillion, pretty dumb response. Regardless of time, weaponry, etc, France contributed far less per capita in deaths and then expenditure of GNP for our revolution then we have expended during two world wars to save their sorry butts. I would have expected that response from Jacques Chirac. If you would like I could recommend some fine histororical accounts so before posting your next response you might become a tad bit better educated. [/b][/quote]
    As I said, pretty dumb, and that was dumber. Stop comparing wars fought 200 years apart. Stop the French bashing because its getting banal and you right wing nutcases really need to focus on the disaster you will have to face in two years. (By the way, how do you establish loses per captia during the Revolutionary War?) Sight your source--and don't make it Rush Limbaugh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rextilleon+Jan 4 2005, 03:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rextilleon @ Jan 4 2005, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-long time sufferer[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 09:24 PM
    [b] Hey Rextillion, pretty dumb response. Regardless of time, weaponry, etc, France contributed far less per capita in deaths and then expenditure of GNP for our revolution then we have expended during two world wars to save their sorry butts. I would have expected that response from Jacques Chirac. If you would like I could recommend some fine histororical accounts so before posting your next response you might become a tad bit better educated. [/b][/quote]
    As I said, pretty dumb, and that was dumber. Stop comparing wars fought 200 years apart. Stop the French bashing because its getting banal and you right wing nutcases really need to focus on the disaster you will have to face in two years. (By the way, how do you establish loses per captia during the Revolutionary War?) Sight your source--and don&#39;t make it Rush Limbaugh. [/b][/quote]
    [img]http://s87266680.onlinehome.us/avatars/forum/attention_whore4.jpg[/img]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rextilleon+Jan 4 2005, 03:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rextilleon @ Jan 4 2005, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-long time sufferer[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 09:24 PM
    As I said, pretty dumb, and that was dumber. Stop comparing wars fought 200 years apart. Stop the French bashing because its getting banal and you right wing nutcases really need to focus on the disaster you will have to face in two years. (By the way, how do you establish loses per captia during the Revolutionary War?) Sight your source--and don&#39;t make it Rush Limbaugh. [/b][/quote]
    This is a French-bashing thread. If youre so pro-France please start a pro-France thread. I would love to read it.

By the way what is this disaster in two years, you are refering to?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sect112row36[/i]@Jan 4 2005, 05:49 PM
    [b]
    This is a French-bashing thread. If youre so pro-France please start a pro-France thread. I would love to read it.

By the way what is this disaster in two years, you are refering to? [/b][/quote]
    Perhaps he&#39;s referring to the 2006 mid-term elections? I don&#39;t know what else it could be.

I don&#39;t know any sensible person who is pro-France...and that includes French people.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Jan 4 2005, 04:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Jan 4 2005, 04:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sect112row36[/i]@Jan 4 2005, 05:49 PM
    [b]

By the way what is this disaster in two years, you are refering to? [/b][/quote]
    Perhaps he&#39;s referring to the 2006 mid-term elections? I don&#39;t know what else it could be.

I don&#39;t know any sensible person who is pro-France...and that includes French people. [/b][/quote]
    If you don&#39;t thank France for what they did in the American Revolution, you&#39;re being a real tightass. It&#39;s doubtful we would have won that war without them. They&#39;re navy blocked the British from fleeing at Yorktown I think. I&#39;m not saying we haven&#39;t had to save them before or any of the other stuff, you just have to thank them for that. Savage is a real piece of dog sh&#33;t, man makes me want to puke. Corruption is a worry but that&#39;s not a real excuse to send a pathetic &#036;35 million, but it&#39;s nice to see Bush has increased that majorly.