Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innauguration of Pres. Bush

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Im thinking about taking the family to President Bushes Re-Innauguration. Anyone else here thinking about going?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Giving it definite consideration. Have been invited to an Inaugural Ball afterwards...unfortunatelty I am traveling for work the week of 1/23 and it is going to be very tight.

Just a heads up; hotels in the DC area are requiring a three night stay so, depending on where you live, you may have to stay outside of DC if it is going to be a one or two night deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys can crash at my house. I will even give you free eggs to throw.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 10:43 AM
    [b] I will even give you free eggs to throw. [/b][/quote]
    ...at you?? :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 11:43 AM
    [b] You guys can crash at my house. I will even give you free eggs to throw. [/b][/quote]
    Send me your address, and I will gladly stop by to throw eggs at your house.

TomShane
    I was gonna get a room with War, Famine, Pestilence and Death, but those guys only bunk four (horsemen) to a room at the Holiday Inn.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 07:34 PM
    [b] I was gonna get a room with War, Famine, Pestilence and Death, but those guys only bunk four (horsemen) to a room at the Holiday Inn. [/b][/quote]
    Your in luck...I hear Moveon.org will be having their own party outside DC with the guests of honor being Misery, Denial, Stupidity and Ignorance...I'm sure you can still get a ticket.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless I'm protesting no.

When Bush sees people turning their backs on him, he'll probably go up to them and ask what they're looking at.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 11:01 PM
    [b] Unless I'm protesting no.

When Bush sees people turning their backs on him, he'll probably go up to them and ask what they're looking at. [/b][/quote]

Actually he'll probably tell them it's about time they show their good side! :lol:

please go! we are looking so much to greet libs in DC! :D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You damn Conservatives can keep your worthless selves out of......

.....oh, who am I kidding. :lol: :lol: Come on down, have a great time, enjoy the event guys. I'm sure the City will be absolutely insane with people, but for some it should be a great event.

Personally, I will not be attending, although not particularly for political reasons. I just really, really hate crowds and traffic (unless I'm going to see the Jets of course), and I'm not a huge fan of going into D.C. if I can avoid it (for concerts, and soon for Nat's games!).

Word to the wise, stay in Northern Virginia, someplace close to the D.C. Metrorail stations (there are quite a few in VA). Metro gives you quick convenient access to all of D.C. (and especially the areas most important for the inauguration), but keeps you out of the really hectic traffic and expensive D.C. hotels.

Alexandria VA is the closest part of NoVA to D.C. and has a number of really top notch hotels located less than a block from the Alexandria Metrorail station, has good restaurants within a few blocks, and even some decent bars should the desire strike you.

[url=http://www.wmata.com]http://www.wmata.com[/url] for Metrorail information.

And [url=http://ci.alexandria.va.us]http://ci.alexandria.va.us[/url] for info and licks for the City of Alexandria VA.

Best of luck!

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 1 2005, 08:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 1 2005, 08:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TomShane[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 07:34 PM
    [b] I was gonna get a room with War, Famine, Pestilence and Death, but those guys only bunk four (horsemen) to a room at the Holiday Inn. [/b][/quote]
    Your in luck...I hear Moveon.org will be having their own party outside DC with the guests of honor being Misery, Denial, Stupidity and Ignorance...I&#39;m sure you can still get a ticket. [/b][/quote]
    How cool&#33; Ashcroft is Emcee-ing? :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+Jan 2 2005, 12:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ Jan 2 2005, 12:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Jan 1 2005, 08:00 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-TomShane[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 07:34 PM
    Your in luck...I hear Moveon.org will be having their own party outside DC with the guests of honor being Misery, Denial, Stupidity and Ignorance...I&#39;m sure you can still get a ticket. [/b][/quote]
    How cool&#33; Ashcroft is Emcee-ing? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    No...michael moore-on&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 07:01 AM
    [b] Im thinking about taking the family to President Bushes Re-Innauguration. Anyone else here thinking about going? [/b][/quote]
    Did you make a 250,000 dollar contribution so you could sleep in the Ritz Carleton and get the set of Guccil luggage set? Kind of pricey to watch a moron who can only exist by reading a teleprompter, and is a kindered soul of Adolph Hitler be innaugerated--Why not go to San Diego and watch the Jets lose.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    nah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rextilleon+Jan 5 2005, 06:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rextilleon @ Jan 5 2005, 06:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetman67[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 07:01 AM
    [b] Im thinking about taking the family to President Bushes Re-Innauguration. Anyone else here thinking about going? [/b][/quote]
    Did you make a 250,000 dollar contribution so you could sleep in the Ritz Carleton and get the set of Guccil luggage set? Kind of pricey to watch a moron who can only exist by reading a teleprompter, and is a kindered soul of Adolph Hitler be innaugerated--Why not go to San Diego and watch the Jets lose. [/b][/quote]
    Wrong all over the place. Hating here, bitter there - you can&#39;t even bash the Jets right.

"kindered soul of Adolph Hitler" - You know what? The evening news will report when dumb kids spray paint swastikas on brick walls, but lefties have unlimited use of Hitler imagery with no repercussions. Seeing as we seem so sensitive to misuse of this imagery, shouldn&#39;t and wouldn&#39;t victims of Hitler&#39;s evil deeds take exception when his name is recklessly attached to political figures?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sackdance+Jan 10 2005, 01:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (sackdance @ Jan 10 2005, 01:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by rextilleon@Jan 5 2005, 06:43 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-jetman67[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 07:01 AM
    Did you make a 250,000 dollar contribution so you could sleep in the Ritz Carleton and get the set of Guccil luggage set? Kind of pricey to watch a moron who can only exist by reading a teleprompter, and is a kindered soul of Adolph Hitler be innaugerated--Why not go to San Diego and watch the Jets lose. [/b][/quote]
    Wrong all over the place. Hating here, bitter there - you can&#39;t even bash the Jets right.

"kindered soul of Adolph Hitler" - You know what? The evening news will report when dumb kids spray paint swastikas on brick walls, but lefties have unlimited use of Hitler imagery with no repercussions. Seeing as we seem so sensitive to misuse of this imagery, shouldn&#39;t and wouldn&#39;t victims of Hitler&#39;s evil deeds take exception when his name is recklessly attached to political figures? [/b][/quote]
    Take it one step further Sackdance...what about the Hitlerian tactics employed by the kerri campaign and the dims against the Swift Boat veterans for Truth?

Trying to keep books off the bookshelves, commercials off the airwaves and federally prosecute free speech...all from the Nazi playbook and all tactics used by the dims in the 2004 election&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking of going down for some of the massive protests that should be going on...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rextilleon+Jan 5 2005, 06:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rextilleon @ Jan 5 2005, 06:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetman67[/i]@Jan 1 2005, 07:01 AM
    Isn&#39;t that what Clinton used to do when he was president?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rextilleon[/i]@Jan 5 2005, 06:43 PM
    [b] Why not go to San Diego and watch the Jets lose. [/b][/quote]
    How did I miss this gem? You&#39;re on all the losing sides.

flushingjet
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 05:20 AM
    [b]I am thinking of going down for some of the massive protests that should be going on...[/b][/quote]

great, hope you get "swept up" in all the excitement&#33;

[url=http://www.texavery.com/sounds/shilaley.wav][SIZE=3]Shillelagh[/SIZE][/url]