Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dean announces bid for DNC chair

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[b]Dean announces bid for DNC chair[/b]

(CNN) -- Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, whose high-flying presidential campaign crashed a year ago in the political chill of Iowa, announced Tuesday that he will run for the chairmanship of the Democratic National Committee.

In a statement on his Internet blog titled "I'm running," Dean said that the Democratic Party must cultivate its grassroots and contest every race at every level.

"We will only win when we show up and fight for the issues important to all of us," Dean said in the statement.

He said that the Democrats must become the party of reform.

"The Democratic Party will not win elections or build a lasting majority solely by changing its rhetoric, nor will we win by adopting the other side's positions," he said. "We must say what we mean -- and mean real change when we say it."

Dean's bid was expected, as he has been campaigning for the post for the past two months.

Dean has said that he would not use the DNC chairmanship as a stepping stone for another presidential run in 2008. When asked on Meet the Press to measure the democrats chances of winning the race for the White House in four years or there possability of turning it around in the mid-term elections of 2006 Dean reacted with a gesture:

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041212/capt.wx11012121807.democrats_dean_wx110.jpg[/img]

"I don't know that any Democrat is going to win for president in 2008 unless we make the changes that need to be made at the DNC," Dean said Saturday at a regional party event in Atlanta.

Dean, 56, a medical doctor, served a decade as Vermont's chief executive before stepping down in 2002 to pursue what was considered a long-shot bid for the presidency.

Fueled by an innovative Internet campaign and a dedicated cadre of supporters who came to be known as "Deaniacs," Dean drew a sharp distinction with his major rivals by steadfastly opposing the war in Iraq and surged to the top of the polls. He also raised more than $40 million, then a record for a Democratic primary campaign.

But after finishing third in the Iowa caucuses, he gave a much-lampooned election night performance that came to be known as the "I have a scream" speech. Having poured his war chest into Iowa and New Hampshire, Dean was never able to recover.

Dean will join six other candidates in the DNC race: Former Reps. Tim Roemer of Indiana and Martin Frost of Texas; former Denver Mayor Wellington Webb; Simon Rosenberg, head of the centrist New Democratic Network; former Ohio Democratic state chairman David Leland; and Donnie Fowler, a veteran Democratic activist and campaign manager for retired Gen. Wesley Clark's presidential bid.

Kate Michelman, former president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, a group that advocates for legalized abortion, has said she will decide this week whether to run for the DNC post.

Abortion rights could become a hot issue with the entry into the race of Roemer, an abortion opponent. Phil Johnston, chairman of the Massachusetts Democratic Party, issued a statement Monday saying that he feels "strongly that a person who opposes a woman's right to choose should not chair the Democratic Party."

"The fact that we lost the 2004 presidential race by a narrow margin should not result in the abandonment of our party's core principles," he said. "The notion that every woman across the nation should be able to control her own body is a basic principle that must be supported by the leadership of the party."

Roemer said Saturday that if elected, he would not try "to steer the party to the right on abortion."

DNC members will pick a successor to outgoing Chairman Terry McAuliffe at a meeting February 12 in Washington, D.C.

[img]http://www.brokennewz.com/StoryImages/deantshirt.jpg[/img]

call me crazy but Howard Dean couldn't possibly be worse than whoever is "in charge" of it now

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 01:55 PM
    [b] call me crazy but Howard Dean couldn't possibly be worse than whoever is "in charge" of it now [/b][/quote]
    okay...your crazy! :lol: :lol:

All League
    Howard Dean is the perfect man for the job. Bitonti, you're crazy if you want some DLC/Republican-lite guy like Simon Rosenberg or something to be the DNC Chair. Dean can really create a message and isn't a wimpass ***** like many Dems are nowadays. CBTNY, for some reason I'm not gonna take your advice when it comes to the inner functions of the Democratic party. In fact, you should be pretty frightened of him getting the job.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 10:32 PM
    [b] Howard Dean is the perfect man for the job. Bitonti, you're crazy if you want some DLC/Republican-lite guy like Simon Rosenberg or something to be the DNC Chair. Dean can really create a message and isn't a wimpass ***** like many Dems are nowadays. CBTNY, for some reason I'm not gonna take your advice when it comes to the inner functions of the Democratic party. In fact, you should be pretty frightened of him getting the job. [/b][/quote]
    I pray that mentally deranged lunatic is hired tomorrow for the gig! Let him get the job, enjoy his power then talk about his past as an abortionist and his Enron ties while Govenor of Vermont and stick the dagger in the liberals heart!! :lol:

[img]http://www.bongonews.com/StoryImages/dean_maniacal.jpg[/img]

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 11 2005, 09:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 11 2005, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 10:32 PM
    [b] Howard Dean is the perfect man for the job. Bitonti, you&#39;re crazy if you want some DLC/Republican-lite guy like Simon Rosenberg or something to be the DNC Chair. Dean can really create a message and isn&#39;t a wimpass ***** like many Dems are nowadays. CBTNY, for some reason I&#39;m not gonna take your advice when it comes to the inner functions of the Democratic party. In fact, you should be pretty frightened of him getting the job. [/b][/quote]
    I pray that mentally deranged lunatic is hired tomorrow for the gig&#33; Let him get the job, enjoy his power then talk about his past as an abortionist and his Enron ties while Govenor of Vermont and stick the dagger in the liberals heart&#33;&#33; :lol:

[img]http://www.bongonews.com/StoryImages/dean_maniacal.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve never heard about any Enron ties with Dean. Either way, you can laugh now. If you think he&#39;s some kind of lunatic you&#39;re in for quite a shock. The media completely overplayed that scream BS and the people actually at the even didn&#39;t even notice anything. Oh hey, BTW, as Mr.Bill Frist about his experience with cats in his college days...

Hall Of Fame
    If he gets the Democratic nomination, it just shows the Democrats still dont get why they lost the election. Sure, all the people who hate and will continue to hate this administration will probably end up voting for Dean, but that doesnt mean sh*t. IMO, it looks like McCain will run, and the Dems cannot take down a moderate like McCain with Dean. It just wont happen. They have to fight moderate with moderate. Dean is too extreme to defeat any moderate the Reps put up.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Jan 11 2005, 10:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat &#064; Jan 11 2005, 10:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Jan 11 2005, 09:36 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 10:32 PM
    [b] Howard Dean is the perfect man for the job. Bitonti, you&#39;re crazy if you want some DLC/Republican-lite guy like Simon Rosenberg or something to be the DNC Chair. Dean can really create a message and isn&#39;t a wimpass ***** like many Dems are nowadays. CBTNY, for some reason I&#39;m not gonna take your advice when it comes to the inner functions of the Democratic party. In fact, you should be pretty frightened of him getting the job. [/b][/quote]
    I pray that mentally deranged lunatic is hired tomorrow for the gig&#33; Let him get the job, enjoy his power then talk about his past as an abortionist and his Enron ties while Govenor of Vermont and stick the dagger in the liberals heart&#33;&#33; :lol:

I&#39;ve never heard about any Enron ties with Dean. Either way, you can laugh now. If you think he&#39;s some kind of lunatic you&#39;re in for quite a shock. The media completely overplayed that scream BS and the people actually at the even didn&#39;t even notice anything. Oh hey, BTW, as Mr.Bill Frist about his experience with cats in his college days... [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m not talking about the scream...I could care less about "the scream" and thought it was all a bunch of media overkill to begin with...

I&#39;m talking about some intolerant, hateful moron who said he would regulate the media if he was elected President amongst other things...but then again, as previously stated, that&#39;s right in line with the democraps considering the Hitlerian and Nazi-type tactics they tried to pull on the Swift Boat Veterans for truth.

Bring that dumbass on, pleeeze......

[img]http://users.wi.net/~johnh/Dean_Failure_small.JPG[/img]

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 10:46 PM
    [b] If he gets the Democratic nomination, [/b][/quote]
    he&#39;s not running for President candidate he&#39;s running for chairman of the DNC - a post he has no real shot of getting

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Bad news curtis....looks like howie&#39;s got competition for the post:

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40716000/jpg/_40716791_sun203ok.jpg[/img]

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Jan 11 2005, 09:46 PM
    [b] If he gets the Democratic nomination, it just shows the Democrats still dont get why they lost the election. Sure, all the people who hate and will continue to hate this administration will probably end up voting for Dean, but that doesnt mean sh*t. IMO, it looks like McCain will run, and the Dems cannot take down a moderate like McCain with Dean. It just wont happen. They have to fight moderate with moderate. Dean is too extreme to defeat any moderate the Reps put up. [/b][/quote]
    Dean is extreme? Hardly. Have you actually looked at his record? Well obviously I guess not. Being anti-war hardly makes a person extreme. He has a high rating from the NRA and I think he had a balanced budget every year as Governor.

Either way, I seriously doubt that McCain will be the nominee.
    1)He&#39;s getting old and is a bit unhealthy
    2)No way the fascist pyschos that now compose the majority of the party will nominate him. It will probably be Bill Frist or George Allen, or some other conservative stooge.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 11 2005, 09:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 11 2005, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 11 2005, 10:46 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Jan 11 2005, 09:36 PM

I&#39;ve never heard about any Enron ties with Dean. Either way, you can laugh now. If you think he&#39;s some kind of lunatic you&#39;re in for quite a shock. The media completely overplayed that scream BS and the people actually at the even didn&#39;t even notice anything. Oh hey, BTW, as Mr.Bill Frist about his experience with cats in his college days... [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m not talking about the scream...I could care less about "the scream" and thought it was all a bunch of media overkill to begin with...

I&#39;m talking about some intolerant, hateful moron who said he would regulate the media if he was elected President amongst other things...but then again, as previously stated, that&#39;s right in line with the democraps considering the Hitlerian and Nazi-type tactics they tried to pull on the Swift Boat Veterans for truth.

[img]http://users.wi.net/~johnh/Dean_Failure_small.JPG[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Man CBTNY you&#39;re impossible to debate with. I really can&#39;t recall Dean saying anything like that, and you&#39;re calling the Democrats opposition of the Smear Boat Veterans "Hitlerian" is absolutely HILARIOUS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ROFLMAO&#33;&#33;&#33; How many times do I have to repeat myself, official United States Navy documents prove Kerry was telling the truth you incorrible facist piece of s**t&#33; Dear lord&#33; :rolleyes: Smear smear smear away. I can at least withstand debating with 5ever, I disagree with him but I can respectfully disagree with him. You are just a token dittohead knuckledragger. It&#39;s hard to tell if you&#39;re actually being serious or pretending to be this stupid.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 11 2005, 09:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 11 2005, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 11 2005, 10:46 PM

Man CBTNY you&#39;re impossible to debate with. I really can&#39;t recall Dean saying anything like that, and you&#39;re calling the Democrats opposition of the Smear Boat Veterans "Hitlerian" is absolutely HILARIOUS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ROFLMAO&#33;&#33;&#33; How many times do I have to repeat myself, official United States Navy documents prove Kerry was telling the truth you incorrible facist piece of s**t&#33; Dear lord&#33; :rolleyes: Smear smear smear away. I can at least withstand debating with 5ever, I disagree with him but I can respectfully disagree with him. You are just a token dittohead knuckledragger. It&#39;s hard to tell if you&#39;re actually being serious or pretending to be this stupid.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Jan 13 2005, 10:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat &#064; Jan 13 2005, 10:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Jan 11 2005, 09:56 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 11 2005, 10:46 PM

Man CBTNY you&#39;re impossible to debate with. I really can&#39;t recall Dean saying anything like that, and you&#39;re calling the Democrats opposition of the Smear Boat Veterans "Hitlerian" is absolutely HILARIOUS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ROFLMAO&#33;&#33;&#33; How many times do I have to repeat myself, official United States Navy documents prove Kerry was telling the truth you incorrible facist piece of s**t&#33; Dear lord&#33; :rolleyes: Smear smear smear away. I can at least withstand debating with 5ever, I disagree with him but I can respectfully disagree with him. You are just a token dittohead knuckledragger. It&#39;s hard to tell if you&#39;re actually being serious or pretending to be this stupid. [/b][/quote]
    Dude...do a little research and get the facts cause you sound like a fool...I know you&#39;re yong and everything but...

[b]FACT- [/b]the kerri campaign tried to get bookstore to remove Unfit for Command from their shelves

[b]FACT-[/b] the democraps threatened lawsuits against radio and television stations that ran the Swift Boat Veterans

[b]FACT-[/b] kerri never posted his "official" military medical records....rather got a doctor to interpret them.

[b]FACT- [/b]dean said he break-up media enterprises...aka regulate the media:

Hardball Transcript from 12/2/2003

[b]If elected president, Howard Dean vows to "break up giant media enterprises" out of a concern "how deeply media companies can penetrate every single community" in America.

The Dem hopeful made the comments on GENERAL ELECTRIC-owned MSNBC during HARDBALL WITH CHRIS MATTHEWS. [/b]

"The essence of capitalism, which the right-wing never understands -- it always baffles me -- is, you got to have some rules," Dean explained to Matthews and students at Harvard.

MATTHEWS: Well, would you break up GE?

(APPLAUSE)

DEAN: I can`t -- you...

MATTHEWS: GE just buys Universal. Would you do something there about that? Would you stop that from happening?

DEAN: You can`t say -- you can`t ask me right now and get an answer, would I break up X corp...

MATTHEWS: We`ve got to do it now, because now is the only chance we can ask you, because, once you are in, we have got to live with you.

(LAUGHTER)

DEAN: No.

MATTHEWS: So, if you are going to do it, you have got to tell us now.

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: Are you going to break up the giant media enterprises in this country?

[SIZE=4][b]DEAN: Yes, we`re going to break up giant media enterprises. That doesn`t mean we`re going to break up all of GE.[/b][/SIZE]

What we`re going to do is say that media enterprises can`t be as big as they are today. I don`t think we actually have to break them up, which Teddy Roosevelt had to do with the leftovers from the McKinley administration.

Dean explained how "11 companies in this country control 90 percent of what ordinary people are able to read and watch on their television. That`s wrong. We need to have a wide variety of opinions in every community. We don`t have that because of Michael Powell and what George Bush has tried to do to the FCC."

Matthews continued:

"Would you break up Fox?"

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: I`m serious.

DEAN: I`m keeping a...

MATTHEWS: Would you break it up? Rupert Murdoch has "The Weekly Standard." It has got a lot of other interests. It has got "The New York Post." Would you break it up?

DEAN: On ideological grounds, absolutely yes, but...

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: No, seriously. As a public policy, would you bring industrial policy to bear and break up these conglomerations of power?

DEAN: I don`t want to answer whether I would break up Fox or not, because, obviously

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: Well, how about large media enterprises?

DEAN: Let me -- yes, let me get...

(LAUGHTER)

DEAN: The answer to that is yes.

I would say that there is too much penetration by single corporations in media markets all over this country. We need locally-owned radio stations. There are only two or three radio stations left in the state of Vermont where you can get local news anymore. The rest of it is read and ripped from the AP.

MATTHEWS: So what are you going to do about it? You`re going to be president of the United States, what are you going to do?

DEAN: What I`m going to do is appoint people to the FCC that believe democracy depends on getting information from all portions of the political spectrum, not just one.

[quote][b]CBTNY you&#39;re impossible to debate with.[/b][/quote]

[SIZE=3][b]You can&#39;t debate me &#39;cause you don&#39;t know what the hell you are talking about&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/SIZE]

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 13 2005, 10:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 13 2005, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 13 2005, 10:58 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Jan 11 2005, 09:56 PM

Man CBTNY you&#39;re impossible to debate with. I really can&#39;t recall Dean saying anything like that, and you&#39;re calling the Democrats opposition of the Smear Boat Veterans "Hitlerian" is absolutely HILARIOUS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ROFLMAO&#33;&#33;&#33; How many times do I have to repeat myself, official United States Navy documents prove Kerry was telling the truth you incorrible facist piece of s**t&#33; Dear lord&#33; :rolleyes: Smear smear smear away. I can at least withstand debating with 5ever, I disagree with him but I can respectfully disagree with him. You are just a token dittohead knuckledragger. It&#39;s hard to tell if you&#39;re actually being serious or pretending to be this stupid. [/b][/quote]
    Dude...do a little research and get the facts cause you sound like a fool...I know you&#39;re yong and everything but...

[b]FACT- [/b]the kerri campaign tried to get bookstore to remove Unfit for Command from their shelves

[b]FACT-[/b] the democraps threatened lawsuits against radio and television stations that ran the Swift Boat Veterans

[b]FACT-[/b] kerri never posted his "official" military medical records....rather got a doctor to interpret them.

[b]If elected president, Howard Dean vows to "break up giant media enterprises" out of a concern "how deeply media companies can penetrate every single community" in America.

The Dem hopeful made the comments on GENERAL ELECTRIC-owned MSNBC during HARDBALL WITH CHRIS MATTHEWS. [/b]

"The essence of capitalism, which the right-wing never understands -- it always baffles me -- is, you got to have some rules," Dean explained to Matthews and students at Harvard.

(APPLAUSE)

MATTHEWS: GE just buys Universal. Would you do something there about that? Would you stop that from happening?

DEAN: You can`t say -- you can`t ask me right now and get an answer, would I break up X corp...

MATTHEWS: We`ve got to do it now, because now is the only chance we can ask you, because, once you are in, we have got to live with you.

(LAUGHTER)

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: Are you going to break up the giant media enterprises in this country?

[SIZE=4][b]DEAN: Yes, we`re going to break up giant media enterprises. That doesn`t mean we`re going to break up all of GE.[/b][/SIZE]

What we`re going to do is say that media enterprises can`t be as big as they are today. I don`t think we actually have to break them up, which Teddy Roosevelt had to do with the leftovers from the McKinley administration.

Dean explained how "11 companies in this country control 90 percent of what ordinary people are able to read and watch on their television. That`s wrong. We need to have a wide variety of opinions in every community. We don`t have that because of Michael Powell and what George Bush has tried to do to the FCC."

Matthews continued:

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: Would you break it up? Rupert Murdoch has "The Weekly Standard." It has got a lot of other interests. It has got "The New York Post." Would you break it up?

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: No, seriously. As a public policy, would you bring industrial policy to bear and break up these conglomerations of power?

DEAN: I don`t want to answer whether I would break up Fox or not, because, obviously

(CROSSTALK)

(LAUGHTER)

I would say that there is too much penetration by single corporations in media markets all over this country. We need locally-owned radio stations. There are only two or three radio stations left in the state of Vermont where you can get local news anymore. The rest of it is read and ripped from the AP.

MATTHEWS: So what are you going to do about it? You`re going to be president of the United States, what are you going to do?

DEAN: What I`m going to do is appoint people to the FCC that believe democracy depends on getting information from all portions of the political spectrum, not just one.

[SIZE=3][b]You can&#39;t debate me &#39;cause you don&#39;t know what the hell you are talking about&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/SIZE] [/b][/quote]
    Breaking up media conglomerates is equivalent to Fascism? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You really are quite the delusional person. So you think we should only have about 6 or 7 media giants which control almost all of the public airwaves of this country? You don&#39;t think there should be local news and that monopolies shouldn&#39;t be prevented? We Democrats happen to believe in the little people and aren&#39;t big fans of mega-rich CEO&#39;s

You think this is right? :blink: You don&#39;t th ink there should be diversity of opinions throughout the country and we should just be getting the same recycled opinion from these same 11 companies? You don&#39;t believe there should be real local new? The airwaves of this country are now controlled by mega-corporations, with fewer and fewer locally-owned stations left do a true broadcast of local news. This argument shows just how much Republicans are concerned for the welfare of the CEO&#39;s and everybody else can f**k off.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Jan 13 2005, 11:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat &#064; Jan 13 2005, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Jan 13 2005, 10:06 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 13 2005, 10:58 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Jan 11 2005, 09:56 PM

(APPLAUSE)

(LAUGHTER)

(CROSSTALK)

Matthews continued:

(LAUGHTER)

(LAUGHTER)

(CROSSTALK)

(LAUGHTER)

[SIZE=3][b]You can&#39;t debate me &#39;cause you don&#39;t know what the hell you are talking about&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/SIZE] [/b][/quote]
    Breaking up media conglomerates is equivalent to Fascism? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You really are quite the delusional person. So you think we should only have about 6 or 7 media giants which control almost all of the public airwaves of this country? You don&#39;t think there should be local news and that monopolies shouldn&#39;t be prevented? We Democrats happen to believe in the little people and aren&#39;t big fans of mega-rich CEO&#39;s

You think this is right? :blink: You don&#39;t th ink there should be diversity of opinions throughout the country and we should just be getting the same recycled opinion from these same 11 companies? You don&#39;t believe there should be real local new? The airwaves of this country are now controlled by mega-corporations, with fewer and fewer locally-owned stations left do a true broadcast of local news. This argument shows just how much Republicans are concerned for the welfare of the CEO&#39;s and everybody else can f**k off. [/b][/quote]
    wait....according to your earlier post dean never made that statement...I&#39;m not delusional you&#39;re just f^ckin stupid as proven by the following statement:

[quote][b]Breaking up media conglomerates is equivalent to Fascism?[/b][/quote]

Facism/Nazism is government control of speech and the airways amongst other things.

All League
    I hardly see how Dean would be controlling the media by doing this. He would just be breaking up huge mega-corporations that are hurting this country because of news channels corporate interests.

A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

Bush basically censors people with belligerent nationalism, calling anyone who disagrees with unpatriotic, and his whole re-election campaign was based on fear (terror) as his whole presidency has been. Of course, conveniently we haven&#39;t had any more orange alerts since the election, how cute...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][b]I hardly see how Dean would be controlling the media by doing this. He would just be breaking up huge mega-corporations that are hurting this country because of news channels corporate interests.[/b][/quote]

You don&#39;t see it cause you&#39;re blind to the facts, amongst other things...

[quote][b]Bush basically censors people with belligerent nationalism, calling anyone who disagrees with unpatriotic.[/b][/quote]

Interesting...in about 30 seconds I proved you wrong on your assertion coward dean did not call for media regulation or threaten to implement it were he elected president (God forbid)...can you do the same and show me where President Bush has called anyone unpatriotic?? Or is this just more belligerent, mindless liberal rhetoric??

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 14 2005, 12:02 AM
    [b] [quote][b]Bush basically censors people with belligerent nationalism, calling anyone who disagrees with unpatriotic.[/b][/quote]

Interesting...in about 30 seconds I proved you wrong on your assertion coward dean did not call for media regulation or threaten to implement it were he elected president (God forbid)...can you do the same and show me where President Bush has called anyone unpatriotic?? Or is this just more belligerent, mindless liberal rhetoric?? [/b][/quote]
    Almost 36-hours and still the liberal can&#39;t prove a statement he made.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 11:02 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I hardly see how Dean would be controlling the media by doing this. He would just be breaking up huge mega-corporations that are hurting this country because of news channels corporate interests.[/b][/quote]

You don&#39;t see it cause you&#39;re blind to the facts, amongst other things...

[quote][b]Bush basically censors people with belligerent nationalism, calling anyone who disagrees with unpatriotic.[/b][/quote]

Interesting...in about 30 seconds I proved you wrong on your assertion coward dean did not call for media regulation or threaten to implement it were he elected president (God forbid)...can you do the same and show me where President Bush has called anyone unpatriotic?? Or is this just more belligerent, mindless liberal rhetoric?? [/b][/quote]
    Oh, god this is classic. You said something about Howard Dean being a nazi with the media, which is obviously a complete farce. Maybe Bush himself hasn&#39;t called anybody "unpatriotic" or the like, but many other high-profile Republicans have. Once again, it&#39;s hard to debate someone when they are as idiotic as you are, and I don&#39;t like to use ad-hominem attacks, but at this point you&#39;re just being a complete stooge.