Thread: Richard Jefferson Done for Season

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rod Thorn has conference call at 3 pm

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A miserable season just got worse for Net fans out there. They actually keep Jefferson who signs a big contract and then gets injured and out for the year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can thank Chauncey Billips <_<

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Jan 11 2005, 05:31 PM
    You can thank Chauncey Billips <_<
    That was a really cheap shot. He should&#39;ve been suspended.

TomShane
    Nets play the Pistons tonight. It&#39;ll be interesting to see if there&#39;s any retaliation by the Nets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he hurt it in the Knicks game a ways back and Billups wrecked it. I guess it explains why his production fell off the last couple of games. Devastating news for the Nets. Im not sure if Kidd is going to start complaining now or not, but with the short roster and nagging injuries it may be time for the Nets to get ready and take a super high draft pick, ala the Spurs when they nabbed Duncan, and come back with what should be a tremendous team next season with a high pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough break for the nets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as a Nets fan, this only makes me care even less about the NBA, unfortunately. Sigh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Jan 12 2005, 12:25 AM
    Well, as a Nets fan, this only makes me care even less about the NBA, unfortunately. Sigh.
    I guess it&#39;s all over for the Nets now. Can&#39;t see them replacing his 20+ per game.

Does Kidd demand a trade by the trading deadline, or after the season? I think he will demand one eventaully, the question is when.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how everyone thinks the nets season is over. I&#39;m a die-hard nets fan and maybe i&#39;m just naiive to have that "never say die" attitude. We still got kidd and carter. Nenad has been producing really well. Jabari smith has been good off the bench and scalabrine and zoran will be alright when the come off the IL. Also you have to remember that the nets are in the Eastern Conference too so it&#39;s anyone&#39;s ball game. They&#39;re 11 games under .500 but after today&#39;s win and the knick&#39;s loss, they&#39;re only 4 games out of the Atlantic Division lead. Now I know they are not talented enough to get the the eastern conference finals for the matter, but a 4th straight Atlantic Division title is still possible. They&#39;re trying to make some trades right now to beef up their defense and if they can pull some of those off, they&#39;ll be alright.