Thread: New York Times

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been reading it for about a month now, and I gotta tell ya, it's a great newspaper. You read about stuff in their you don't see any where else.

As for the left wing propaganda, I'm just not seeing it. Don't get me wrong, it's there, but it's not overwhelming, like I expected it to be. And you know me, I got my radar on and I'm looking for it. What I find of it, is more or less negligible. It doesn't consume, or compromise the integrity of the rest of the paper.

Honestly, the right wing bent of the NY post is much more profound. And all in all, the Post, the Daily News, and Star Ledger are like reading comic books for me now.

I hate to be a party pooper, but that's the truth. Reading the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal has elevated my worldliness, and I don't care if I sound like an elitist snob for saying it. :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 08:32 AM
    [b] I've been reading it for about a month now, and I gotta tell ya, it's a great newspaper. You read about stuff in their you don't see any where else.

As for the left wing propaganda, I'm just not seeing it. Don't get me wrong, it's there, but it's not overwhelming, like I expected it to be. And you know me, I got my radar on and I'm looking for it. What I find of it, is more or less negligible. It doesn't consume, or compromise the integrity of the rest of the paper.

Honestly, the right wing bent of the NY post is much more profound. And all in all, the Post, the Daily News, and Star Ledger are like reading comic books for me now.

I hate to be a party pooper, but that's the truth. Reading the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal has elevated my worldliness, and I don't care if I sound like an elitist snob for saying it. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I used to have it dropped off at the end of my driveway Monday-through-Friday. Their world news stories were second to none...but when they ran front page stories on Grab-an-Arab prison 21 straight days and buried stories like the Nic Berg beheading and American soldiers being executed I had enough.

You are also getting it at a time when they now realize they have to change; subsrciptions to that paper are waaayy down, as they are for all print media and the more they bash Bush after his reelection victory the more foolish they look.

They only thing I'd say is your stomach would've turned had you read it on a daily basis pre 11/2/2004.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i kept expecting a punchline that never came - how surprising...

Moses, if anything im going the other way - my friend (who reads nothing but the times) was wondering why US troops weren't helping out in the Tsunami disaster - i showed her the front page of FoxNews.com where there were pics of marines lending a hand. :lol: im always checking out newsmax and fox partly to cheer me up, partly to get the pulse of the majority.

the real deal IMO is Wall Street Journal, Barrons and Financial Times - these papers don't exist to entertain people of particular political viewpoints they exist to help their readers MAKE MONEY - end of story -as a result i find these sources to be the most objective of all the "folding sheet" newspapers... if the president is messing up (or doing well) you will find clear and irrifutable evidence in those sources.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 09:38 AM
    [b] i kept expecting a punchline that never came - how surprising...

Moses, if anything im going the other way - my friend (who reads nothing but the times) was wondering why US troops weren't helping out in the Tsunami disaster - i showed her the front page of FoxNews.com where there were pics of marines lending a hand. :lol: im always checking out newsmax and fox partly to cheer me up, partly to get the pulse of the majority.

the real deal IMO is Wall Street Journal, Barrons and Financial Times - these papers don't exist to entertain people of particular political viewpoints they exist to help their readers MAKE MONEY - end of story -as a result i find these sources to be the most objective of all the "folding sheet" newspapers... if the president is messing up (or doing well) you will find clear and irrifutable evidence in those sources. [/b][/quote]
    Problem with the WSJ is no sports section.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 09:38 AM
    [b] the real deal IMO is Wall Street Journal, Barrons and Financial Times [/b][/quote]
    I agree.

But you have to include The Economist, too.

Brilliant publication, you'll learn things there that would NEVER be covered in the US mainstream media.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Big Al NYC+Jan 12 2005, 11:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Big Al NYC @ Jan 12 2005, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 09:38 AM
    [b] the real deal IMO is Wall Street Journal, Barrons and Financial Times [/b][/quote]
    I agree.

But you have to include The Economist, too.

Brilliant publication, you&#39;ll learn things there that would NEVER be covered in the US mainstream media. [/b][/quote]
    Couldnt agree more about the Economist. Its really the only thing I make sure I read each week, though I usually read the Journal daily and try to read Barrons(Barrons is so smug, I get annoyed with it. But I enjoy the interviews so I keep reading it.)

But The Economist&#39;s liberterian slant is pretty clear in its writing.