Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Bush Presidential Hat Trick!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting the feeling Jeb Bush will at least be the Republican Presidential nominee in 2008.

Jeb Bush toured Tsunami disaster areas with Colin Powell last week.

Today he offered solutions to overhaul Medicaid.

He's the Governor of a southern red state.

What other Republican is going to inherit Bush's voter base?

In addition to the Tsunami disaster response and Medicaid I'm certain older brother George Jr is going to throw more bones Jeb's way.

Jeb's getting his political ducks in a row!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    after two terms of Jeb that constitutional ammendment can be passed - then we get the PREZINATOR

after two terms of Arnold and 25 years of black box testing the clones of Mr Universe will be complete, trained killers and can replace our occupation forces in the middle east!

oh what a brave new world!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...or we could elect Hillary?!?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really think Jeb would have the broad appeal of guys like Guliani, Pataki, or McCain. No way he wins the nomination.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 11:56 AM
    [b] I don't really think Jeb would have the broad appeal of guys like Guliani, Pataki, or McCain. No way he wins the nomination. [/b][/quote]
    Take it from me, NY state government is a total mess which kills Pataki.

Rudy is too liberal even though he's a Republican.

McCain is getting old - and looks old!

The Bush pedigree now defaults to Jeb - big brother George will see to it!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 10:56 AM
    [b] I don't really think Jeb would have the broad appeal of guys like Guliani, Pataki, or McCain. No way he wins the nomination. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly what appeal do people like Giuliani, Pataki, and McCain have to the religious right? That is the base of the Republican party and it's hard to imagine that group supporting any of them. I would be absolutely shocked out of my mind if Pataki got the nomination. He's fairly socially liberal, and also I'm not sure what he's accomplished, the NY State Government may be the most ineffectual in the country. Republicans love Giuliani now, but they probably won't once they realize he was banging his mistress when he was still living with his wife, and then moved in with a couple of gay friends. Obviously cheating on your wife is an impeachable offense, so he's disqualified from the nomination.

I think the nomination will go to Jebbie, Bill Frist, or perhaps George Allen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by AlbanyJet+Jan 13 2005, 03:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (AlbanyJet @ Jan 13 2005, 03:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mavrik[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 11:56 AM
    [b] I don&#39;t really think Jeb would have the broad appeal of guys like Guliani, Pataki, or McCain. No way he wins the nomination. [/b][/quote]

Rudy is too liberal even though he&#39;s a Republican.

McCain is getting old - and looks old&#33;

The Bush pedigree now defaults to Jeb - big brother George will see to it&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I agree...even though I don&#39;t thing the Bushes are "inspired" in any way.

And what&#39;s up with McCain? Every time he&#39;s interviewed there&#39;s a band-aid somewhere on his face. I&#39;ve always liked him, and I wish his health would come together enough to make him a front-runner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK+Jan 14 2005, 02:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JerryK @ Jan 14 2005, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by AlbanyJet@Jan 13 2005, 03:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Mavrik[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 11:56 AM
    [b] I don&#39;t really think Jeb would have the broad appeal of guys like Guliani, Pataki, or McCain. No way he wins the nomination. [/b][/quote]

Rudy is too liberal even though he&#39;s a Republican.

McCain is getting old - and looks old&#33;

The Bush pedigree now defaults to Jeb - big brother George will see to it&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I agree...even though I don&#39;t thing the Bushes are "inspired" in any way.

And what&#39;s up with McCain? Every time he&#39;s interviewed there&#39;s a band-aid somewhere on his face. I&#39;ve always liked him, and I wish his health would come together enough to make him a front-runner. [/b][/quote]
    He tried to run in 2000, but the Bush campaign started questioning if he would be up to the job after spending so much time in a POW camp. Scumbags.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2008 Republican Ticket:

Jeb Bush - President/Dr Condoleeza Rice - Vice President.

Mark it down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It&#39;ll never happen. O&#39;Reily commented on it the other day to a caller and I happen to agree with him. First his daughter is a drug addict- well known fact. Jeb gets Angry when asked hard questions and doesn&#39;t deflect his emotions as well as G.W. Jeb was supposed to be the 2nd presidential Bush and lost out to G.W. it&#39;s not going to happen. Plus no way are we going to have a father, son and son presidency. It will appear to be a succession of power along the lines of the english crown.

Hillary is a sure loser- you could run Dole against her and win. She has the same backing as Kerry and cannot win the "Red" states.

Guiliani could be V.P. no way president. For ethnic reasons that we shouldn&#39;t get into. I say this being 100% italian myself. Not to mention the adultry, that can be spun- can&#39;t spin one&#39;s heritage.

I am dead set against Arnold as President. I&#39;m sorry no 1st generation citizens should be allowed let alone ones that still hold Dual Citizenship. The constitution works leave it alone. Yea Arnold is still an Austrian citizen- I could not believe it. If he&#39;s holding office he needs to renounce that quick.

It&#39;s perfectly fine that there is no clear front runner. The Republicans have three years to groom a successor. Who really saw G. W. as a two term president back in Clintons first year of his second term.

Sean Hannity and O&#39;Reily are talking about Hillary so much that everyone and their brother gets so sick of hearing about her that she&#39;ll lose before she ever declares. If she ever does declare.

TMahoney
    If he gets elected in &#39;08 than I seriously am considering believing the Illumanotti is a real organization and the Bush&#39;s are in it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, it won&#39;t be Jeb ... as I predicted on this board many moons ago, Condi Rice is being groomed for 2008

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Al Toon 77[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 05:53 PM
    [b] It&#39;ll never happen. O&#39;Reily commented on it the other day to a caller and I happen to agree with him. First his daughter is a drug addict- well known fact. Jeb gets Angry when asked hard questions and doesn&#39;t deflect his emotions as well as G.W. Jeb was supposed to be the 2nd presidential Bush and lost out to G.W. it&#39;s not going to happen. Plus no way are we going to have a father, son and son presidency. It will appear to be a succession of power along the lines of the english crown.

Hillary is a sure loser- you could run Dole against her and win. She has the same backing as Kerry and cannot win the "Red" states.

Guiliani could be V.P. no way president. For ethnic reasons that we shouldn&#39;t get into. I say this being 100% italian myself. Not to mention the adultry, that can be spun- can&#39;t spin one&#39;s heritage.

I am dead set against Arnold as President. I&#39;m sorry no 1st generation citizens should be allowed let alone ones that still hold Dual Citizenship. The constitution works leave it alone. Yea Arnold is still an Austrian citizen- I could not believe it. If he&#39;s holding office he needs to renounce that quick.

It&#39;s perfectly fine that there is no clear front runner. The Republicans have three years to groom a successor. Who really saw G. W. as a two term president back in Clintons first year of his second term.

Sean Hannity and O&#39;Reily are talking about Hillary so much that everyone and their brother gets so sick of hearing about her that she&#39;ll lose before she ever declares. If she ever does declare. [/b][/quote]
    The single Key to George Bush Jr&#39;s political success his surpassing low expectations of him.

Jeb is using that strategy for himself right now. Laying very low.

The Bush&#39;s and many Republicans know Jeb is the nominee in 2008 but don&#39;t want public interest in him peaking too early. They want it to be a...SURPRISE&#33;

I saw Jeb debate in the last Florida governors race. He was very good.