Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lard Ass's Body Guard

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Bodyguard arrested on gun charge at Kennedy airport
    NEW YORK (AP) A bodyguard who has protected outspoken moviemaker and gun-control advocate Michael Moore was arrested at Kennedy International Airport for allegedly carrying a pistol without a New York license, authorities said Thursday.

Patrick Burk, 34, faced arraignment on a felony charge of criminal possession of a weapon. Prosecutors did not have his attorney's name.

Burk was questioned by police Wednesday night after he notified a United Airlines ticket agent that he wanted to carry his weapon unloaded and in a bag on a flight to Los Angeles, said Port Authority spokesman Tony Ciavolella.

The bodyguard, who works for the California-based security firm Gavin de Becker & Associates, told police he had traveled to New York with Moore earlier this month, Ciavolella said. He produced licenses for his Mauser handgun from California and Florida, but not New York, which prompted his arrest.

Burk has been assigned to protect Moore at times in the past, but is not his personal bodyguard, Gavin de Becker said.

De Becker defended Burk, saying he had followed proper procedures at the airport. He called him "a leading professional in his field."

A call to a spokesman for Moore was not immediately returned.

Moore, the director of Fahrenheit 9/11, won the documentary Academy Award for 2002's Bowling for Columbine, a scathing look at the gun culture in America.

In an interview last year with Playboy magazine, Moore called the National Rifle Association a "radical, freaky group."

"Most Americans are with me on this," he said about stricter gun controls. "They understand duck hunters don't need Uzis and cop-killer bullets."

[img]http://rnfgraphicdesign.com/loser.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno,

Sounds like a non story to me. At face value it appears he did the right thing.

Methinks this will blow over. It's not like he was searched and they "discovered" the weapon. He made a conscience effort to disclose the gun in the proper manner.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be more specific when you say "Lard Ass".

I was expecting a story on Rush Limbaugh's bodyguard.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    NE Hick...my new sig!!

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 11:30 AM
    [b] NE Hick...my new sig!! [/b][/quote]
    Go for it Buddy...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 02:49 PM
    [b] I dunno,

Sounds like a non story to me. . . .

[/b][/quote]
    Story or not . . . if it mentions Michael Moore, it's going to find a home here. :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 10:49 AM
    [b] I dunno,

Methinks this will blow over. It's not like he was searched and they "discovered" the weapon. He made a conscience effort to disclose the gun in the proper manner. [/b][/quote]
    I don't think this is a story of the bodyguard getting arrested so much is it that Moore is so anti-guns yet has a bodyguard who carries.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik+Jan 21 2005, 05:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mavrik @ Jan 21 2005, 05:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetFanTransplant[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 10:49 AM
    [b] I dunno,

Methinks this will blow over. It&#39;s not like he was searched and they "discovered" the weapon. He made a conscience effort to disclose the gun in the proper manner. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think this is a story of the bodyguard getting arrested so much is it that Moore is so anti-guns yet has a bodyguard who carries. [/b][/quote]
    Well when you have crazy radical Republican&#39;s threatening your life it changes your philosophy. Even Clint Eastwood publically threated to kill him.

Besides I think his issue with guns is more about assault weapons and the average joe having the ability to build an arsenal. Sure he would like guns to be illegal, my guess would be he favors a system like the UK where onlyt he police are allowed to posses guns.

Security guards are simply glorified police officers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 04:52 PM
    [b] Security guards are simply glorified police officers. [/b][/quote]
    Well THERE is a huge insult to Police Officers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 03:47 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t think this is a story of the bodyguard getting arrested so much is it that Moore is so anti-guns yet has a bodyguard who carries. [/b][/quote]
    Simple. All libs are hypocrites.

They&#39;re anti-gun, but they all have one.
    They&#39;re anti-wealth, unless they live in a mansion in beverly hills.
    They&#39;re pro-green, with garages full of cars, own jets and fuel guzzling yachts.
    They&#39;re so charitable, except when you examine their personal tax returns.
    They&#39;re pro-defense, until it comes time to develop a weapon or pay a soldier.
    They&#39;re free speech, unless you say something they disagree with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Jan 21 2005, 04:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Jan 21 2005, 04:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Mavrik@Jan 21 2005, 05:47 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetFanTransplant[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 10:49 AM
    [b] I dunno,

Methinks this will blow over. It&#39;s not like he was searched and they "discovered" the weapon. He made a conscience effort to disclose the gun in the proper manner. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think this is a story of the bodyguard getting arrested so much is it that Moore is so anti-guns yet has a bodyguard who carries. [/b][/quote]
    Well when you have crazy radical Republican&#39;s threatening your life it changes your philosophy. Even Clint Eastwood publically threated to kill him.

Besides I think his issue with guns is more about assault weapons and the average joe having the ability to build an arsenal. Sure he would like guns to be illegal, my guess would be he favors a system like the UK where onlyt he police are allowed to posses guns.

Security guards are simply glorified police officers. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think Eastwood was that serious when he said that, but the man&#39;s not &#39;dirty harry&#39; anymore either so I&#39;d take that with a grain of salt.

Question. Do you think Assault weapons could be banned in the U.S. without the law violating the 2nd amendment? I know you might say that the Founding Father&#39;s weren&#39;t intending on people owning M-60s but you would at least figure that people would not still be using muskets 200 years down the road.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simmer down PG&#33;
    KNEW I&#39;d find you here&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Jan 21 2005, 06:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Jan 21 2005, 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mavrik[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 03:47 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t think this is a story of the bodyguard getting arrested so much is it that Moore is so anti-guns yet has a bodyguard who carries. [/b][/quote]
    Simple. All libs are hypocrites.

They&#39;re anti-gun, but they all have one.
    They&#39;re anti-wealth, unless they live in a mansion in beverly hills.
    They&#39;re pro-green, with garages full of cars, own jets and fuel guzzling yachts.
    They&#39;re so charitable, except when you examine their personal tax returns.
    They&#39;re pro-defense, until it comes time to develop a weapon or pay a soldier.
    They&#39;re free speech, unless you say something they disagree with. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s a wonderful story of course, I guess we won&#39;t find any conservative hypocrisy. No, not highly-listened to conservative radio commentators calling drug users scumbags and actually being one himself. Saying they "stand up for the little man" when their party is bought and paid for by mega-corporations. Saying they support the troops, and then providing them with hillbilly armor. You&#39;re thing about the environment is especially good, because it seems that the popular thing in Hollywood these days is to drive hybrid cars like the Toyota Echo. Meanwhile, the Bush Administration is completely ignoring science at every turn and ruining and poisoning our world because the big industries have bought this administration and environmental regulations keep being taken away. He doesn&#39;t care about "frivolous lawsuits" he&#39;s doing that all in the name of protecting big corporations.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 12:41 PM
    [b]
    That&#39;s a wonderful story of course, I guess we won&#39;t find any conservative hypocrisy. No, not highly-listened to conservative radio commentators calling drug users scumbags and actually being one himself. Saying they "stand up for the little man" when their party is bought and paid for by mega-corporations. Saying they support the troops, and then providing them with hillbilly armor. You&#39;re thing about the environment is especially good, because it seems that the popular thing in Hollywood these days is to drive hybrid cars like the Toyota Echo. Meanwhile, the Bush Administration is completely ignoring science at every turn and ruining and poisoning our world because the big industries have bought this administration and environmental regulations keep being taken away. He doesn&#39;t care about "frivolous lawsuits" he&#39;s doing that all in the name of protecting big corporations.[/b][/quote]
    [b](That&#39;s a wonderful story of course, I guess we won&#39;t find any conservative hypocrisy. No, not highly-listened to conservative radio commentators calling drug users scumbags and actually being one himself.)[/b]

Being addicted to prescription pain killers is a far cry from the coke sniffing and crack smoking crowd..

[b](Saying they "stand up for the little man" when their party is bought and paid for by mega-corporation)[/b]

Is that any different then being paid for by the Communist Chinese Govt. like the Clintonistas?

[b](Saying they support the troops, and then providing them with hillbilly armor. )[/b]

It takes a few years to get rid of that hillbilly armor provided by the Clinton Administration, give Dubya time and he will have the armed forces supplied with the best materials and weapons.

[b](You&#39;re thing about the environment is especially good, because it seems that the popular thing in Hollywood these days is to drive hybrid cars like the Toyota Echo.)[/b]

Now that one is pure comedy. Other than Ed Begley Jr. , who exactly in Hollywood drives around in Toyota hybrids? Striesand? Nope.... Clooney? Nope.... Ed Asner?...Nope... Sarandon?.... Nope.... Watch the next awards like the Oscars on tv and see just how many of these Hollywood Celiberals pull up in a Toyota Prius or Echo...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 02:15 PM
    [b] [b](You&#39;re thing about the environment is especially good, because it seems that the popular thing in Hollywood these days is to drive hybrid cars like the Toyota Echo.)[/b]

Now that one is pure comedy. Other than Ed Begley Jr. , who exactly in Hollywood drives around in Toyota hybrids? Striesand? Nope.... Clooney? Nope.... Ed Asner?...Nope... Sarandon?.... Nope.... Watch the next awards like the Oscars on tv and see just how many of these Hollywood Celiberals pull up in a Toyota Prius or Echo... [/b][/quote]
    And even Ed Begley Jr. -- how do you suppose he gets from gig to gig so quickly? Not on his little scooter, that&#39;s for damn sure&#33;

Hi Verdegirl -- just having a little fun with the local libs&#33;

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b][quote][b]Being addicted to prescription pain killers is a far cry from the coke sniffing and crack smoking crowd..[/b][/quote][/b]

He didn&#39;t have a prescription for them. He sent his maid to Denny&#39;s at 3 in the morning to buy them off of a drug dealer. Did you forget that fact?

[b][quote][b]Is that any different then being paid for by the Communist Chinese Govt. like the Clintonistas?[/b][/quote][/b]

I wouldn&#39;t know, why don&#39;t you ask Neil Bush.

[b][quote][b]It takes a few years to get rid of that hillbilly armor provided by the Clinton Administration, give Dubya time and he will have the armed forces supplied with the best materials and weapons.[/b][/quote][/b]

How many years are we supposed to give him? He&#39;s had 3 years since 9/11 to un**** all the "horrors" that "Satan" Clinton inflicted on our military and he&#39;s done dick.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 02:29 PM
    [b]
    And even Ed Begley Jr. -- how do you suppose he gets from gig to gig so quickly? Not on his little scooter, that&#39;s for damn sure&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that&#39;s like Robert Kennedy Jr. on Hannity saying people who own SUV&#39;s are unamerican because they are hard on gas.

Meanwhile, he is flying from city to city in a private jet. Plus he has about four mansions to heat and air condition.

You just have to shake your head and laugh at the liberal sheeple who follow these hypocrites around blowing smoke up their asses.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Jan 22 2005, 03:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick @ Jan 22 2005, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 02:29 PM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that&#39;s like Robert Kennedy Jr. on Hannity saying people who own SUV&#39;s are unamerican because they are hard on gas.

Meanwhile, he is flying from city to city in a private jet. Plus he has about four mansions to heat and air condition.

You just have to shake your head and laugh at the liberal sheeple who follow these hypocrites around blowing smoke up their asses..... [/b][/quote]
    I heard that interview...what I found hysterical and almost the cream of the crop when it comes to the total and complete liberals hypocrisy was the fact was brought up that kennedy (who sounds like he&#39;s near death) is fighting for alternative sources of energy, specifically harnessing the power of the wind and windmill fams (which I totally agree with) yet at the same time is fighting an initiative to have a windmill farm put in the Atlantic near the kennedy compound in miannus port (spelled purposely for the libs) becuase it destroys the view&#33;&#33;

Unfreeking believable...and when asked kennedy sound like curtis the moron when you ask him to back up a comment with facts&#33;&#33; :lol:

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 04:11 PM
    [b]
    I heard that interview...what I found hysterical and almost the cream of the crop when it comes to the total and complete liberals hypocrisy was the fact was brought up that kennedy (who sounds like he&#39;s near death) is fighting for alternative sources of energy, specifically harnessing the power of the wind and windmill fams (which I totally agree with) yet at the same time is fighting an initiative to have a windmill farm put in the Atlantic near the kennedy compound in miannus port (spelled purposely for the libs) becuase it destroys the view&#33;&#33;

Unfreeking believable...and when asked kennedy sound like curtis the moron when you ask him to back up a comment with facts&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s why these Celiberals have NO credibility.

What&#39;s good for you, isn&#39;t necessarily good for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Jan 22 2005, 04:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick &#064; Jan 22 2005, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 04:11 PM
    [b]

Unfreeking believable...and when asked kennedy sound like curtis the moron when you ask him to back up a comment with facts&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s why these Celiberals have NO credibility.

What&#39;s good for you, isn&#39;t necessarily good for them. [/b][/quote]
    let&#39;s not forget good old liberal Bobby kennedy was a heroin addict.