Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AN EPIPHANY!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GangGreen11269[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 10:51 PM
    [b] I agree that we need something, maybe not the pennies, but something.

I had a Jets "Takeoff Towel" from a few years back and brought it to the game in Pittsburgh last week, the Steelers fans didn't like that too much. [/b][/quote]
    yes, that's what im saying. SOMETHING. we can't do the towels - that's already been done and is old. Something new. It really can be as simple as a coined phrase that we make into t-shirts. ANYTHING.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the towels are deader than disco. I usually make fun of those. And the terrible towels haven't worked out too well for the Steelers lately have they?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GangGreen11269[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 10:51 PM
    [b] I agree that we need something, maybe not the pennies, but something.

I had a Jets "Takeoff Towel" from a few years back and brought it to the game in Pittsburgh last week, the Steelers fans didn't like that too much. [/b][/quote]
    I still have that towel.

We do definitley need to do something, it seems we only have those towels when it's the post season, we need something for the entire season though!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about the d-line, FEAR, we can use that, even though it is on defense

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be cool to have a special item, but pennies will not work, that is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

I think we should all have BIG FOAM CLOCKS in green and white, and when we need Herm to take a timeout before he blows it we should all raise them up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetKoz[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 10:11 PM
    [b] I think it would be cool to have a special item, but pennies will not work, that is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

I think we should all have BIG FOAM CLOCKS in green and white, and when we need Herm to take a timeout before he blows it we should all raise them up [/b][/quote]
    haha :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetKoz[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 11:11 PM
    [b] I think it would be cool to have a special item, but pennies will not work, that is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

I think we should all have BIG FOAM CLOCKS in green and white, and when we need Herm to take a timeout before he blows it we should all raise them up [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best idea so far.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i say we need something that makes noise. fine, let my pennies go . . . but let's be loud and obnoxious - it's the perfect symbol for new yorkers.

think of somethign that is small, doesn't present a danger, but when all of us have one - we can be unbelievably loud. THAT'S WHAT WE NEED.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 12:14 AM
    [b] i say we need something that makes noise. fine, let my pennies go . . . but let's be loud and obnoxious - it's the perfect symbol for new yorkers.

think of somethign that is small, doesn't present a danger, but when all of us have one - we can be unbelievably loud. THAT'S WHAT WE NEED. [/b][/quote]
    Water guns full of orange juice and milk and some sort of soda and or beer to spray the opposing teams. ;)

I'm for it, i'm on the visitor's side.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124+Jan 24 2005, 12:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsFanInSec124 @ Jan 24 2005, 12:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Chad[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 12:14 AM
    [b] i say we need something that makes noise. fine, let my pennies go . . . but let&#39;s be loud and obnoxious - it&#39;s the perfect symbol for new yorkers.

think of somethign that is small, doesn&#39;t present a danger, but when all of us have one - we can be unbelievably loud. THAT&#39;S WHAT WE NEED. [/b][/quote]
    Water guns full of orange juice and milk and some sort of soda and or beer to spray the opposing teams. ;)

I&#39;m for it, i&#39;m on the visitor&#39;s side. [/b][/quote]
    :P :P :P :P

how about thousdands of kazoos?&#33;

plastic ones for safety ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    stolen from Wisconsin, but how about we all. . . .

JINGLE OUR KEYS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    that can get real loud, plus if your dumb enough to throw your keys, then go ahead&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad+Jan 24 2005, 12:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Chad @ Jan 24 2005, 12:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Jan 24 2005, 12:15 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-The Chad[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 12:14 AM
    [b] i say we need something that makes noise. fine, let my pennies go . . . but let&#39;s be loud and obnoxious - it&#39;s the perfect symbol for new yorkers.

think of somethign that is small, doesn&#39;t present a danger, but when all of us have one - we can be unbelievably loud. THAT&#39;S WHAT WE NEED. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m for it, i&#39;m on the visitor&#39;s side. [/b][/quote]
    :P :P :P :P

how about thousdands of kazoos?&#33;

plastic ones for safety ;) [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

As long as they have Jets symbols painted on them. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE CHAD....I kinda like it. Agreed it would be taken at the gate, but get a pocket full of coins, and a plastic bag, and make it in the spiral??....I think it would be a cool idea and would definatly participate if started..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RickLyle IZ GOD[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 12:51 AM
    [b] THE CHAD....I kinda like it. Agreed it would be taken at the gate, but get a pocket full of coins, and a plastic bag, and make it in the spiral??....I think it would be a cool idea and would definatly participate if started.. [/b][/quote]
    nice Rick - good point on the homemaking of the bags ;)

here&#39;s the idea . . . look how pumped we are the season hasn&#39;t even ended&#33; NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR. WE ALL FEEL IT&#33; Let&#39;s get pumped in that stadium and show our players and the opposing players why we are the best fans in the world. Let opposing teams not want to come back to play in NY.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have new one for you guys

how about them clappers that they give out in the front rows of the Knick games so they can make noise while the opposing players shoot free throws.

Those cats make A LOT of noise. I saw we shorten them a bit, so it doesn&#39;t restrict viewing, we pain them green and white, and give them out. The Meadowlands would ROCK&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m all for it. GREAT IDEA&#33; It doesn&#39;t have to be 100 pennies that people will use for weapons. But how about 10 pennies you have in your pocket. Put them in anything, the empty beer bottle, a plastic or paper bag. ANYTHING.

Who the hell doesn&#39;t have pocket change on them most of the time? Plus, I&#39;m sure it will be OK if you put a quarter or two in there; no one will know.

70,000 fans making that obnoxious sound on 3rd down for the opposing team and after our touchdowns or whenever Chad makes a nice play would be sweet if you ask me. I&#39;ll have my pennies next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 09:43 PM
    [b]
    So . . . who do we love more than anyone? Penny&#33;

[/b][/quote]

So what&#39;s your suggestion?

Have an entire stadium full of fans wave band-aids?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 08:43 PM
    [b] so like many of you, I just saw those Pitt fans suffer a devastating loss. But, I did like their sea of yellow towels. It got me thinking, we should get something like that to unite us fans - we are the best fans in the land.

So . . . who do we love more than anyone? Penny&#33;

Catching my drift yet? I propose that we make these medium, green, baggies filled with pennies. And when our team is on D, the whole stadium can shake them. Can you imagine how annoying that noise must be from 50,000+. ?

I shot being the official "Penny Man" [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

Sounds great in theory but like many have said, it&#39;s not too wise to give alchohol induced football fans that kind of weapon. :lol:

How bout the "Penny rag", a green and white ralley towel?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by thechadzone10[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 09:47 PM
    [b] I hate those crappy yellow towels &#33; [/b][/quote]
    I have to agree.

Is there anything queerer than those "terrible" towels?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Jan 24 2005, 09:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick @ Jan 24 2005, 09:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thechadzone10[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 09:47 PM
    [b] I hate those crappy yellow towels &#33; [/b][/quote]
    I have to agree.

Is there anything queerer than those "terrible" towels? [/b][/quote]
    Those towels are our Tradition. We are very proud to have something like that a part of our heritage and tradition. They were created BY the greatest Steelers fan FOR Steelers fans. We don&#39;t diss anyone elses tradition.