Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Volek

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 01:20 PM
    [b] Can we get this guy in a trade?

Do you think we can get him for a 2nd RD Pick?

Yeah, that price is a little high for a QB with such a small body of work, but IMO it's a price we have to pay ... but will Tennessee trade Volek for a 2nd RD Pick?

As for the price being a little high ... TOO BAD

If Chad has a torn rotator cuff {and a torn labrum?}, we have to prepare for the worst ... we have to prepare as if he's done for 2005, even if that's not the case ... we have to prepare for the worse case scenario

Volek gives us the added advantage of already knowing our new OC's system ... and that's huge for a QB ... and he's flashed some nice skills as well

So the question remains ... do you think we could get him from the Titans for a 2? [/b][/quote]
    I think McNair is done....and i doubt he is willing to learn a new systen.

He might retire...If that happens Volek is the man in Tennessee.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    get me billy volek now dang it!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you guys, Volek was a momentary pipe-dream I had ... and McNair would break the bank

IMO Kelly Holcomb is the best available option via free agency

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patman[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 01:49 PM
    [b] Don't laugh: Sign Jeff George, there is no qb availble who is more talented. Would sign for 1mill and wont cost anything in picks or future cap dollars.

Please Brooks Bollinger? he cant even take the snap from center without puttin iton the ground. You want to develop a young qb, fine. but if you put him on the field in a game that means something your season's over. [/b][/quote]
    rather re-sign Quincy Carter than a bum like Jeff George.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why Can't we stay in house with Brooks Bollinger?

Once upon a time Kurt Warner was Brooks Bollinger.
    Tom Brady was Brooks Bollinger.
    Billy Volek was Brooks Bollinger.
    Jake Delhomme was Brooks Bollinger.
    Mark Bulger was Brooks Bollinger.

At some point this coaching staff has to have faith in the players. I don't love Bollwood, but i dont love the idea of bringing in some over-priced shmuk. We just need our QB to manage the game, not win it.

IMO though, Chad's shoulder makes Signing Lamont Jordan even more of a priority right now. We'll need to be running 65% of the time, relying on our D, and hoping that our QB doesn't kill us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 04:30 PM
    [b] Why Can't we stay in house with Brooks Bollinger?

Once upon a time Kurt Warner was Brooks Bollinger.
    Tom Brady was Brooks Bollinger.
    Billy Volek was Brooks Bollinger.
    Jake Delhomme was Brooks Bollinger.
    Mark Bulger was Brooks Bollinger.

At some point this coaching staff has to have faith in the players. I don't love Bollwood, but i dont love the idea of bringing in some over-priced shmuk. We just need our QB to manage the game, not win it.

IMO though, Chad's shoulder makes Signing Lamont Jordan even more of a priority right now. We'll need to be running 65% of the time, relying on our D, and hoping that our QB doesn't kill us. [/b][/quote]
    Explain to me at what point Brooks Bollinger was a passing QB?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Explain to me at what point Brooks Bollinger was a passing QB? [/b][/quote]

He's a QB. I'm sure he has some throwing ability or else he wouldn't be in the NFL. The point is that you don't

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 01:20 PM
    [b] Can we get this guy in a trade?

Do you think we can get him for a 2nd RD Pick?

Yeah, that price is a little high for a QB with such a small body of work, but IMO it's a price we have to pay ... but will Tennessee trade Volek for a 2nd RD Pick?

As for the price being a little high ... TOO BAD

If Chad has a torn rotator cuff {and a torn labrum?}, we have to prepare for the worst ... we have to prepare as if he's done for 2005, even if that's not the case ... we have to prepare for the worse case scenario

Volek gives us the added advantage of already knowing our new OC's system ... and that's huge for a QB ... and he's flashed some nice skills as well

So the question remains ... do you think we could get him from the Titans for a 2? [/b][/quote]
    I doubt very seriously this would ever pan out. A 2nd is too much any way. I think Herm and TB will be looking at QC as a potential replacement for Penny, if Penny does in fact have a long-term rehab............

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 04:54 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Explain to me at what point Brooks Bollinger was a passing QB? [/b][/quote]

He's a QB. I'm sure he has some throwing ability or else he wouldn't be in the NFL. The point is that you don't [/b][/quote]
    You're going to ask Brooks Bollinger, a guy who was pulled on PASSING DOWNS in college for Jim Sorgi, to lead the Jets to a Super Bowl?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Explain to me at what point Brooks Bollinger was a passing QB? [/b][/quote]

We wouldn't be asking Brooks Bollinger to be Dan Marino. We would be asking him to be Trent Dilfer. Don't make huge mistakes, and make a couple plays a game. With our Defense and running attack, Corky should be able to win 10 games at QB.

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:06 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Explain to me at what point Brooks Bollinger was a passing QB? [/b][/quote]

We wouldn't be asking Brooks Bollinger to be Dan Marino. We would be asking him to be Trent Dilfer. Don't make huge mistakes, and make a couple plays a game. With our Defense and running attack, Corky should be able to win 10 games at QB. [/b][/quote]
    Brooks Bollinger was here because Paul Hackett wanted him as a project. I have no doubt that Heimerdinger will take one look at his flutter-ball and kick him to the curb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]You're going to ask Brooks Bollinger, a guy who was pulled on PASSING DOWNS in college for Jim Sorgi, to lead the Jets to a Super Bowl? [/b][/quote]

No, I'm not clinically retarded man. I'm going under the assumption that Chad would miss no more then 8 games. If it's 8 Games, then why can't Bollinger play? Would Quincy Carter be that much better then him?

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:10 PM
    [b] [quote][b]You're going to ask Brooks Bollinger, a guy who was pulled on PASSING DOWNS in college for Jim Sorgi, to lead the Jets to a Super Bowl? [/b][/quote]

No, I'm not clinically retarded man. I'm going under the assumption that Chad would miss no more then 8 games. If it's 8 Games, then why can't Bollinger play? Would Quincy Carter be that much better then him? [/b][/quote]
    I just puked in my mouth at the thought of Chad missing 8 games. :lol:

Yo, if he's going to miss 8 games, somebody call up San Diego and ask them if they want to deal us some Phillip Rivers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do some people actually have confidence in Brooks Bollinger, as if the quarterback position were a meaningless one.

BOLLINGER SUCKS. He hasn't shown anything since he got here, and he is never going to show anything. He sucked in college, he sucks now, and he will always SUCK.

JetsFutureGM, just because Delhomme/Bulger/Warner/Brady came out of nowhere doesn't mean Brooks Bollinger will. All those guys have intangibles, of which Bollinger has none. Thinking like this would mean we could take any undrafted free agent reciever and turn him into Wayne Chrebet. It doesn't work that way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:42 PM
    [b] Why do some people actually have confidence in Brooks Bollinger, as if the quarterback position were a meaningless one.

BOLLINGER SUCKS. He hasn't shown anything since he got here, and he is never going to show anything. He sucked in college, he sucks now, and he will always SUCK.

JetsFutureGM, just because Delhomme/Bulger/Warner/Brady came out of nowhere doesn't mean Brooks Bollinger will. All those guys have intangibles, of which Bollinger has none. Thinking like this would mean we could take any undrafted free agent reciever and turn him into Wayne Chrebet. It doesn't work that way. [/b][/quote]
    Perhaps it's the same metal malady that causes some fans to think Quincy Carter has any talent whatsoever??

Quincy Carter is a horrid QB with absolutely no talent. The only reason he is still IN THE LEAGUE is beacuse he has played for teams with great defenses (i.e the Cowboys during his playoff year, and his three game stint here).

He is worhtless, yet some fans cling to the concept that Quincy Carter would go 7-1 if he replaced Chadwick......

Who's right? Likely neither of us, Bolly likely is what he is, a perenial #2 or #3. And Quincy is what he is, a reclamation project for The Church of Herm and a guy who won't win a dman thing if the defense doesn't win it for him.

Damn, these "Chad Hurt, who's the replacement" topics are depressing the crap out of me. Dear God Chad, you BETTER be ready by pre-season...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing is that Bollinger was referred to as AIR WISCONSIN in college ... even though he was regarded as an inaccurate thrower ... was a good running quarterback and tough ... but we are running the option and he aint Michael Vick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by inchadwetrust[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:53 PM
    [b]Funny thing is that Bollinger was referred to as AIR WISCONSIN in college ... even though he was regarded as an inaccurate thrower ... was a good running quarterback and tough ... but we are running the option and he aint Michael Vick.[/b][/quote]
    And CP is? His best season as a Jet he had 49 yds. rushing for the year! The WC doesn't emphasize or encourage the QB to run but it has to be a possibilty. If the new Offense is "option" then QB runs have to be much more than a fantasy. CP is dinged, QC is gone and BB is just being carried by the Jets cuz they like having him around to make coffee and serve danish. Shaneman, I know for a fact that BB really never played at Wisc. it was Sorgi all the time. You all need Tommy Chang. A gunslinger with bad knees. Kinda makes you horny don't?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Billy Volek just had shoulder surgery and is out about four months...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 11:48 AM
    [b] Billy Volek just had shoulder surgery and is out about four months... [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: I was just going to post this. Everybody going crazy over the thought of getting a guy with a torn rotator cuff just in case our guy doesn't heal fast enough from his own rotator cuff surgery!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yo MIAMIJET are you indian? If your not damn Aishwariya (sp?) has broken through.

BTW to anyone who doesent know im talking about his avater