Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KING KNOCKS BROOKS BOLLINGER ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Ten Things I Think I Think
    Posted: Monday January 24, 2005 2:00AM; Updated: Monday January 24, 2005 10:17AM

~ ~ ~ h. Please, please, please do not harp on the four conference title games lost at home by Bill Cowher. The Steelers went 16-2 and lost to the greatest team of its day. There is no shame, nor any surprise, in that -- particularly when your phenom quarterback plays like Brooks Bollinger. :huh: :huh: :huh:

> [url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/01/24/mmqb.conf.2/index.html]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...nf.2/index.html[/url]

Banned
    Ok, so our backup quarterback that has taken maybe TEN NFL snaps is who Peter King uses whenever referring to a horrible quarterback performance?

Peter King is nothing more than Pastie fan boy posing as a journalist. I don't know why teams still choose to talk to him whenever his homerism is so blatantly obvious.

Hall Of Fame
    wtf is that about????

why shoot at Brooks? how many people even know who BB is?? thats pretty lame

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 03:17 PM
    [b] wtf is that about????

why shoot at Brooks? how many people even know who BB is?? thats pretty lame [/b][/quote]
    I barely know squat about BB and I consider myself a hardcore Jets fan... :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Leave Brooks alone.

He will bring this team to the promise land if need be.

Hall Of Fame
    Do your research King , Bollinger took a few snaps and played good. He sucked in Pre season we know that but that one Philly game was just freaking awesome !

Hall Of Fame
    speaking of which, what happened to that freakazoid Jetstone???

I think he got banned after Arizona game :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    I think Papichango is now fred jetstone.

All League
    Brooks Bollinger does suck actually. One of the worst picks i think ive seen this team make. When he was at Wisconsin they would take him out on alot of drives where they needed the pass and put in Jim Sorgi. So if in college his team thought he couldnt throw, and was used as an option/run first qb...why the hell was he a 5th round pick...NO ONE KNOWS!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by DE94Abraham[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:05 PM
    [b] Brooks Bollinger does suck actually. One of the worst picks i think ive seen this team make. When he was at Wisconsin they would take him out on alot of drives where they needed the pass and put in Jim Sorgi. So if in college his team thought he couldnt throw, and was used as an option/run first qb...why the hell was he a 5th round pick...NO ONE KNOWS! [/b][/quote]
    hey, DE94Abraham - who asked you!?!? [b]i bet BB would try to play w/ an injury if his team needed him![/b]

:P

All League
    Cant argue with that. BB's one saving grace is he is a tough as nails QB who doesnt slide for anyone. Or at least at wiscy he didnt.

As for my name, gotta say Abraham is letting me down.

I better not see Abraham playing in the ProBowl <_<

Hall Of Fame
    YEAH college really means alot.

That&#39;s why the suck ass Tom Brady was drafted in the sixth round.

He must have played like crap. <_<

That&#39;s also why we never drafted Marino because he was a pot head.

Wish we had some of what he was smoking now.

Brooks Bollinger is NO Rohan Davey <_<

All League
    Who said anything about statistics and being good in college? I stated he has no arm, and he was taken out for JIM SORGI AT WISCONSIN ON PASSING SITUATIONS.

Oh and Sorgi went a round after him in the end of Round 6 in the next draft.

[quote][i]Originally posted by DE94Abraham[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 04:17 PM
    [b] Who said anything about statistics and being good in college? I stated he has no arm, and he was taken out for JIM SORGI AT WISCONSIN ON PASSING SITUATIONS.

Oh and Sorgi went a round after him in the end of Round 6 in the next draft. [/b][/quote]
    In Brooks we Trust ... or Quincy ... or X-Ray

Bollinger did look good the few snaps he took and the eagles pre-season game.

What other options do we have? Hope Chad gets healthy ... or overpay a bum QB so we can&#39;t address other positions on the team.

The fact were talking about Bollinger as a possibility is scary.

The guy had problems handling snaps.

The guy completed, what 3 passes against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Like the man said, in college...he was frequesntly taken out when Wisconsin needed to throw the ball.

Brooks Bollinger is horrendous, and shouldnt be in the NFL.

sorry

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 04:05 PM
    [b] Like the man said, in college...he was frequesntly taken out when Wisconsin needed to throw the ball.

Brooks Bollinger is horrendous, and shouldnt be in the NFL.

[/b][/quote]
    Hmmm, he didn&#39;t look "horrendous V. the Eagles. He led the Jets to 3 TD&#39;s.

PASSING V. Eagles in preseason

CP/AT YDS TD INT
    B. Bollinger 11/20 168 2 0

[quote][i]Originally posted by kelly[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 03:10 PM
    [b] Ten Things I Think I Think
    Posted: Monday January 24, 2005 2:00AM; Updated: Monday January 24, 2005 10:17AM

~ ~ ~ h. Please, please, please do not harp on the four conference title games lost at home by Bill Cowher. The Steelers went 16-2 and lost to the greatest team of its day. There is no shame, nor any surprise, in that -- particularly when your phenom quarterback plays like Brooks Bollinger. :huh: :huh: :huh:

> [url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/01/24/mmqb.conf.2/index.html]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...nf.2/index.html[/url] [/b][/quote]
    This Peter King guy makes absolutely no sense. What an idiot. BB has probably taken about 5 snaps in NFL games. How can he draw such a conclusion based on that? BB is not a very well known QB around the league due to his lack of playing time. So if it was Peter Kings intent to be humorous with that remark, he failed miserably.........