Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KING KNOCKS BROOKS BOLLINGER ~ ~ ~

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we could use a late round pick on a QB who has some potential. Just get someone to groom behind pennington.

heres some ideas

QB Gino Giudugli Cincinnati
    QB Adrian McPherson FSU/Arena league
    QB Stefan LeFors Louisville
    QB Jon Beutjer Illinois
    QB Danny Wimprine Memphis

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Papichango, your sig pic is too big.

It's also retarded.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the people to bash, he chooses Brooks Bollinger?? The guy has like 5 career completions. :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter King is a fat slob who can&#39;t even tie his own shoes&#33; :lol: Just as mainejet said, It was a failed attempt at being humorous. Peter King has diarrhea of the mouth, he likes to hear himself talk&#33; <_<
    It&#39;s just like when I watch Inside the NFL, when it&#39;s his turn to commentate, I turn the channel so I don&#39;t retch&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kelly[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 03:10 PM
    [b] Ten Things I Think I Think
    Posted: Monday January 24, 2005 2:00AM; Updated: Monday January 24, 2005 10:17AM

~ ~ ~ h. Please, please, please do not harp on the four conference title games lost at home by Bill Cowher. The Steelers went 16-2 and lost to the greatest team of its day. There is no shame, nor any surprise, in that -- particularly when your phenom quarterback plays like Brooks Bollinger. :huh: :huh: :huh:

> [url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/01/24/mmqb.conf.2/index.html]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...nf.2/index.html[/url] [/b][/quote]
    I believe that this is a great "sign" that Brooks Bollinger willl become a player..............

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:44 PM
    [b] Papichango, your sig pic is too big.

It&#39;s also retarded. [/b][/quote]
    Thank you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by papichango+Jan 24 2005, 06:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (papichango @ Jan 24 2005, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Troll[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:44 PM

Thank you. [/b][/quote]
    Your avatar is even worse- you actually took the time to make that? It&#39;s borderline homosexual.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DE94Abraham[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 04:17 PM
    [b]Who said anything about statistics and being good in college? I stated he has no arm, and he was taken out for JIM SORGI AT WISCONSIN ON PASSING SITUATIONS.

Oh and Sorgi went a round after him in the end of Round 6 in the next draft.[/b][/quote]
    Which of BB&#39;s 30 wins did Alverez put in Sorgi to pass? Which game, big abe man? Which game? Never happened. You keep saying that but you don&#39;t have a stat to prove it or you can&#39;t read a stat sheet. He woulda put it in the end-zone 3 times in Pittsburgh and taken it off of B-B-Brian&#39;s foot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Buzzsaw+Jan 24 2005, 07:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Buzzsaw @ Jan 24 2005, 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by papichango@Jan 24 2005, 06:45 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-The Troll[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:44 PM

Thank you. [/b][/quote]
    Your avatar is even worse- you actually took the time to make that? It&#39;s borderline homosexual. [/b][/quote]
    He&#39;s a Jet have some respect.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it my imagination or is there some kind of strange synchronicity with this Bollinger character? Why does everybody keep talking about him?

If he&#39;s really this 3rd-string, 3rd-rate QB like a lot of people like to say, why can&#39;t people just ignore him? Wanna know why?

Cause he&#39;s the next big thing. Freaks like King don&#39;t take shots at has-been&#39;s, never-were&#39;s, or won&#39;t be&#39;s.

BOLLYWOOD is like the Phoenix (remember the game in Arizona - be aware of the synchronicity) where he came in and played like a 10-year pro. Back to the point, he&#39;s like the Phoenix (cue the theme from Star Wars) that will rise from the ashes and lead the Jets to Super Bowl in glorious and dynamic fashion. And it would have happened this year if I&#39;m-no-genius-Herm put him in there instead of sore-shoulder-Chad.

Go Bollywood&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; True jets fans believe in you&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

B-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D bollywoodbollywoodbollywood....Wheeeeeeee&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Clampett[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 07:56 PM
    [b] Is it my imagination or is there some kind of strange synchronicity with this Bollinger character? Why does everybody keep talking about him?

If he&#39;s really this 3rd-string, 3rd-rate QB like a lot of people like to say, why can&#39;t people just ignore him? Wanna know why?

Cause he&#39;s the next big thing. Freaks like King don&#39;t take shots at has-been&#39;s, never-were&#39;s, or won&#39;t be&#39;s.

BOLLYWOOD is like the Phoenix (remember the game in Arizona - be aware of the synchronicity) where he came in and played like a 10-year pro. Back to the point, he&#39;s like the Phoenix (cue the theme from Star Wars) that will rise from the ashes and lead the Jets to Super Bowl in glorious and dynamic fashion. And it would have happened this year if I&#39;m-no-genius-Herm put him in there instead of sore-shoulder-Chad.

Go Bollywood&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; True jets fans believe in you&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

B-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D bollywoodbollywoodbollywood....Wheeeeeeee&#33; [/b][/quote]
    You are insane.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get on the bandwagon, Buzzie. Bolly is our QB for the next decade.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is he making fun Brooks? He only took 10 snaps it is not like he played a few games and did bad. It the cards game he didn&#39;t do that bad.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Hey, they can&#39;t do that to our pledges only we can do that to our pledges." Let&#39;s see, Bolly puts two top flight receivers in the NFL Chris Chambers and Lee Evans but actually it was Sorgi throwing all those balls right Abe?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pennington is a Mo Lewis hit away from ushering in Brooks " I ain&#39;t no joke " Bollinger.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by cluremoser4[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 08:13 PM
    [b] Let&#39;s see, Bolly puts two top flight receivers in the NFL Chris Chambers and Lee Evans [/b][/quote]
    Using your "reasoning", Pennington must&#39;ve put Randy Moss in the NFL, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It still beats the hell out of making douche-chill uncomfortable obvious "make up to the wife for something bad I did on a road trip&#39; references to his daughters.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I&#39;m saying Buzz is that someone had to be throwing the ball with some kind of accuracy. Some on this board would have you believe all the guy did was fumble snaps and run with the ball. But don&#39;t take my word for it. On a sports talk show I believe after the Arizona game Santana said Bolly is the "best of both worlds". "He&#39;s got Chad&#39;s head and Quincy&#39;s arm." But what the heck the operative acronym on this board is ABOG Anybody But Our Guy. Especially true when it comes to back-ups.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just some games off the top of my head. if i remember correctly in 2002 bollinger laid an egg against Michigan.Sorgi even made a start in that year...i think illinois. That same year against Iowa, i believe they took him out in the 2nd quarter. oh and that same year for a few weeks him and sorgi were getting like 10 attempts each.And from 2001 and 2002 there were numerous games where he brought in Sorgi. Those are the ones on the top of my head. You want to go and call me a liar. look up the info yourself, talk to someone who goes to Wisconsin. a**hole, dont call me a liar.

Listen i dont hate Brooks, i think hes a great athlete. I do however question why he was taken in the 5th round over better QB&#39;s available. Yes he won 30 games, but not certainly on his powerful arm. he completed passes he had to, most offten they were made longer by one lee evans. Also dont forget a guy named Anthony Davis helped him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great...let&#39;s turn this into a Bollinger debate.

The fact is that King is a moron. The analogy doesen&#39;t even make any sense&#33; How the f--- would he know how Brooks would play in that situation. Way to pick on a virtual unknown fat boy. Bollinger should kick his ass.