Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KING KNOCKS BROOKS BOLLINGER ~ ~ ~

You know, the nutso is right. Bollinger has to have some magnetism to him. 3rd string quarterbacks who have nine career NFL passes don't get this much attention in normal circumstances.

Bolly led Wisconsin to a Rose Bowl and an Alamo Bowl victory.
    Barry Alvarez (Wisconsin coach) said he was the best QB in Wisconsin history.
    The LA Dodgers drafted him to play baseball.
    Herm said he gives the team a boost when he comes in.
    And yes, in his senior year in high school he won Gatorade State Player of the year. 'Nuff said.

Bollywood - All the way - Yeeeaaahh!

[quote][i]Originally posted by DE94Abraham[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:38 PM
    [b] we could use a late round pick on a QB who has some potential. Just get someone to groom behind pennington.

heres some ideas

QB Gino Giudugli Cincinnati
    QB Adrian McPherson FSU/Arena league
    QB Stefan LeFors Louisville
    QB Jon Beutjer Illinois
    QB Danny Wimprine Memphis [/b][/quote]
    McPherson isnt that great...hes a good athlete playing QB, like Vick, but way less talented

King seriously needs to begin the water and salad diet now as he is starting to look a lot like Mike Holmgren. Gee, Pete, that IS really hysterical that both his first name AND last name begin with the letter B. The simple fact being, Jim Sorgi notwithstanding, that BB plays in the NFL where there are a lot of VERY big and VERY fast, extremely hard-hitting fellas determined to absolutely demolish him at every opportunity. Takes a bit of sack to opt to make your living that way, unlike Mr. cheeseburger with extra fries and extra mayo-I think I'll just write about it instead.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 05:05 PM
    [b]
    Brooks Bollinger is horrendous, and shouldnt be in the NFL.

[/b][/quote]
    Who the hell are you? I'm not singing his praises, but BB as a Jet has done himself pretty well. Certainly good enough to compete for a roster spot and certainly good enough to not deserve such a half-assed critique. Guys like you would have told Wayne Chrebet to go teach gym. Jerk.

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

Peter King hates the Jets, and this snide remark is typical of him. A more valid reference to Eli Manning would never happen with him because he wouldn't want to upset the Giants, so he picks on the team he dislikes the most - the Jets - to make his disparaging remark.

I stood next to him at the Steelers game, and felt like calling him out for his bias against the Jets, but that would have resulted in my expulsion from the game, I'm sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Clampett[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 07:56 PM
    [b] Is it my imagination or is there some kind of strange synchronicity with this Bollinger character? Why does everybody keep talking about him?

If he's really this 3rd-string, 3rd-rate QB like a lot of people like to say, why can't people just ignore him? Wanna know why?

Cause he's the next big thing. Freaks like King don't take shots at has-been's, never-were's, or won't be's.

BOLLYWOOD is like the Phoenix (remember the game in Arizona - be aware of the synchronicity) where he came in and played like a 10-year pro. Back to the point, he's like the Phoenix (cue the theme from Star Wars) that will rise from the ashes and lead the Jets to Super Bowl in glorious and dynamic fashion. And it would have happened this year if I'm-no-genius-Herm put him in there instead of sore-shoulder-Chad.

Go Bollywood!!!! True jets fans believe in you!!!!!

B-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D bollywoodbollywoodbollywood....Wheeeeeeee! [/b][/quote]
    Fred Jetstone found. <_<

Back on topic: Peter King is bitter because he hasn&#39;t seen his cocktail frank in years. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by rorjets[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 01:06 PM
    [b] Peter King hates the Jets, and this snide remark is typical of him. A more valid reference to Eli Manning would never happen with him because he wouldn&#39;t want to upset the Giants, so he picks on the team he dislikes the most - the Jets - to make his disparaging remark.

I stood next to him at the Steelers game, and felt like calling him out for his bias against the Jets, but that would have resulted in my expulsion from the game, I&#39;m sure. [/b][/quote]
    Hey rorjet-don&#39;t you ever go home? As our buddy JD said "His wife must be REALLY cool to let him go to San Diego then Pittsburgh DIRECTLY" and you&#39;re right about Peter"extra mayo"King and his bias against the Jets. I hope BB has a Drew Brees year at some point in his career so we can continue this harangue with some extra vengeance

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 03:16 PM
    [b] Ok, so our backup quarterback that has taken maybe TEN NFL snaps is who Peter King uses whenever referring to a horrible quarterback performance?

Peter King is nothing more than Pastie fan boy posing as a journalist. I don&#39;t know why teams still choose to talk to him whenever his homerism is so blatantly obvious. [/b][/quote]
    Wonder why he didm&#39;t use Rohan Davey, the Patriots backup QB, who has a QB rating 20 points lower than Brooks Bollinger with similar amounts of playing time... Now there is a genuine bust... but he is a Patriot., therefor he can&#39;t be bad if Bill Bellichik drafted him.

brooks bollinger is what he is, i&#39;d sign a backup to replace quincy and try another guy to see how he develops.

King is a fatass that doesn&#39;t know dick