Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone see Hines Ward...

[quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76+Jan 24 2005, 06:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Boozer76 @ Jan 24 2005, 06:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BergenJet[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 06:43 PM
    [b] He wanted to get to the championship game for his friend and mentor the Bus.

I would LOVE to have a player who cries over losing a chance to go to a SB... the day after they were eliminated no less, not some on the field rush of emotion...

I&#39;d take a team full of guys like that. Any day of the week. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m with you. It&#39;s better than having the franchise laughing his ass off 30 seconds after the most crushing defeat in Jets history (thanks mostly to him). [/b][/quote]
    Booz read Bergens post again and you will realize you contradicted yourself in your usual haste to blame every loss on your QB.

You&#39;ll see, alot of people will be upset when Chrebet leaves the jets.

Veteran
    All I know is I cried my eyes out after the loss to the Steelers, so I can understand emotion. Then to find out one of your best friends and mentor&#39;s might be leaving your team/family the day after a tough loss, is 100 times harder&#33; I can understand why Ward was crying and I dont&#39; think it&#39;s anything to laugh about.

I can totally understand if Ward was crying over the fact that they lost the AFC Championship game and a chance to go to the SB. But he was talking about Bettis. I can understand being dissappointed in a player who has been on the team a while leaving, but to cry about it?

[quote][b]You&#39;ll see, alot of people will be upset when Chrebet leaves the jets[/b][/quote]

I assume you mean fans? That I believe. Somehow I don&#39;t think guys like Mawae or Santana or Curtis will break down on TV when Wayne is signed as a slot receiver in Dallas&#33; :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    There are also tears of joy too and they said that A. Reid shown some tears as a result of his team getting into the SB.

I also has those same tears of joy right before Brien attempted that field goal.. Angry

Banned
    yeah, because athletes and men in general aren&#39;t allowed to cry or show emotion :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    While watching the Hines clip, my first thoughts were I was very touched by his emotion....then the clip went on and so did his tears-- the man was about to bust out in big-time bawling...then I thought, okay this is too much already-- he needs to get a grip, Bettis didn&#39;t die for crissakes&#33; :rolleyes:

Wow you guys are all really insensitive. They are long-time teamates, it&#39;s nice to see that they care about each other. In the cuthroat business of professional sports, it&#39;s nice to see two grown men who actually care about each other.

Don&#39;t kid yourself - there will be a few guys crying in the Jet locker room when Chrebet announces he&#39;s gone.

[quote][i]Originally posted by BergenJet[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 06:43 PM
    [b] He wanted to get to the championship game for his friend and mentor the Bus.

I would LOVE to have a player who cries over losing a chance to go to a SB... the day after they were eliminated no less, not some on the field rush of emotion...

I&#39;d take a team full of guys like that. Any day of the week. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed.

All League
    If one of our players starts getting choked up when Chrebet leaves do you think anyone here is going to laugh at him ? There is a bond that is very family like to some of these guys. But please feel free to continue trashing players on other teams. :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by tooooon88[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 08:31 PM
    [b] I can totally understand if Ward was crying over the fact that they lost the AFC Championship game and a chance to go to the SB. But he was talking about Bettis. I can understand being dissappointed in a player who has been on the team a while leaving, but to cry about it?

[quote][b]You&#39;ll see, alot of people will be upset when Chrebet leaves the jets[/b][/quote]

I assume you mean fans? That I believe. Somehow I don&#39;t think guys like Mawae or Santana or Curtis will break down on TV when Wayne is signed as a slot receiver in Dallas&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I didnt cry but it hit me hard when I watched a battered and beaten Joe Klecko pull himself off the meadowlands carpet during his last days as a COLT.

THERE&#39;S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Normally it&#39;s just the fans that cry after we play them.

We must be getting better&#33;

:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Practice Squad
    Ha&#33; The thought of a regular guy suggesting an NFLer is a wus for showing emotion amuses me. These guys are some of the toughest guys around and most of us would never dare mess with them. As far as Iam concerned, a guy who puts his livlihood on the line every week is allowed to show emotion, however foolish it may seem to us.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    I don&#39;t see what the big freakin&#39; deal is. You guys are bashing your players for not showing enbough emotion after your loss yet you dog someone for showing too much emotion. Hey, he wanted to win BADLY. He put alot into it and at the time that was the most important thing. He was disappointed. I like seeing that. It&#39;s ok.

[quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 12:04 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t see what the big freakin&#39; deal is. You guys are bashing your players for not showing enbough emotion after your loss yet you dog someone for showing too much emotion. Hey, he wanted to win BADLY. He put alot into it and at the time that was the most important thing. He was disappointed. I like seeing that. It&#39;s ok. [/b][/quote]
    Dolphins cry. Jets say &#39;see ya&#39;.

That is our main difference. That and the pastel motif and all.

But the big, bad tough Steeler? Crying? It&#39;s a game&#33; Give it 100%, not 99%, but 100%. Then don&#39;t cry&#33; Simple. He wasn&#39;t shedding a tear of emotion, either, he was bawling like little leaguers do after they don&#39;t get to win the big trophy.

Don&#39;t give me this, every man has a right to freely emote garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Uh it&#39;s called passion and if you laugh at Hines Ward then so be it.....the man wore his emotion on his sleeve and let it out.....if that constitutes laughter then thats sad.......it&#39;s pretty classy to see a player let it all out.

Some people laugh at pretty much anything though....oh well.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 04:06 PM
    [b] :ph34r:

Uh it&#39;s called passion and if you laugh at Hines Ward then so be it.....the man wore his emotion on his sleeve and let it out.....if that constitutes laughter then thats sad.......it&#39;s pretty classy to see a player let it all out.

Some people laugh at pretty much anything though....oh well. [/b][/quote]
    I definitely laugh at seeing grown millionaires crying because their teammates didn&#39;t get the chance to win a Superbowl. Yup, I&#39;ll laugh ten times out of ten without regards to whether he is being "classy" or not. Remember, no one pities you should you cry after losing at Texas Hold &#39;Em. And no one should, either.

[quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 08:56 AM
    [b] While watching the Hines clip, my first thoughts were I was very touched by his emotion....then the clip went on and so did his tears-- the man was about to bust out in big-time bawling...then I thought, okay this is too much already-- he needs to get a grip, Bettis didn&#39;t die for crissakes&#33; :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Hines just realized that if Bettis retired he wouldn&#39;t get to see him naked in the shower any more.