Thread: Disaster lurking in Bush amnesty scheme?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who believes Bush's "amnesty" cloaked as a "guest worker" program is desirable and is desperately needed, [b]please take 5 minutes to read the link I provide below[/b].

[url=http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050123-9999-lz1n23grapes.html]http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/2...1n23grapes.html[/url]

It appears disaster is looming right around the corner. [b]Mechanization[/b] is speading so quickly in the farming industry (reason behind Bush's scheme is cheap farm labor), that 90% of farm workers are expected to be unemployed very soon in parts of California.......So we'll have millions of "unemployed" guest workers with no work, but fully entitled to handouts from tax-payers, because Bush pardoned their illegal acts in exchange for cheap labor??

This should be a front page story on a number of top newspapers and neo-con central (Fox News), but don't expect to see it on Fox, as Murdoch and Bush are sleeping in the same bed--trying to drive down wages of the American people, in order to benefit that top 2% in the country financially.

Unemployment, by the way, in the entire Fresno region is already over 10% officially and up to 30% in some impoverished rural regions---[b]Yet Bush, McCain, Cannon and his other stool-pigeons tell us the U.S has a major labor shortage[/b] :wacko:

Also, while Bush invades sovereign nations to "build Democracy", he&#39;s totally flouting the will of the American people, including a vast majority of NON neo-con Republicans: A recent Gallop showed only 4% of American&#39;s want the more liberal immigration policy he promotes; 45% want much more strict controls**....That&#39;s 10 to 1, but don&#39;t tell slave-master George <_<

**Source GOP USA [url=http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/guest/2005/jc_0125.shtml]http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/guest/200...5/jc_0125.shtml[/url]

Approval ratings:[url=http://www.pollkatz.homestead.com/files/pollkatzmainGRAPHICS_14118_image001.gif]http://www.pollkatz.homestead.com/files/po...18_image001.gif[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our political system is nuts.

(union) Factory workers vote for Dems who protect their jobs, but oppose hunting and many other things those people enjoy.

The Republicans support the religious/moral convictions of their electorate, but would be happy to see those same people fired and moved into a double-wide at "potter&#39;s field".

Libertarians might be a ray of hope if only they weren&#39;t smoking pot with the Militia.

I give up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got you Jerry and you know I agree. I mean, as you know, even a neo-con, "Mr. America" like McCain spouts off about protecting jobs, then rakes in tons of money from Silicon Valley to keep pumping-up the H1-B Visa rackett, at the time millions of Tech workers have been displaced in the U.S. :blink:

McCain is off the charts pathetic: Last summer, every major paper in Arizona reported the teenage unemployment rate was at highest level in over 50 years (and yes not all teems are lazy, some tried to find jobs)...Yet McCain tells Fox the U.S and Arizona have severe &#39;worker shortages".

Yea, he&#39;s presidential material :rolleyes:

One hope, if read the article, is the American people are slowly but surely starting to realize "cheap labor" isn&#39;t cheap....It carries a very, very heavy price tag--both fiscally and socially...like in California.

The problem is so severe, even the liberals at the San Diego paper are now reporting the truth...That&#39;s a start, I suppose.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I agree with you about our border policies, I hope you aren&#39;t suggesting that productivity gains should be elimanated?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some more bad news-Bush decided not to ask for 2000 new border agents in his budget request. Who ever runs in 2008 as a Republican will get this over the head, deservedly.

[url=http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-01-24-agents-ridge_x.htm]http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...nts-ridge_x.htm[/url]

If 9/11 didn&#39;t convince the entire country that our immigration policies were insane, nothing will.

And as to social cost, we have the first generation in history that in adolesence feels(they don&#39;t [i]think[/i]) flipping burgers, hammering nails, stocking shelves, bussing tables, washing dishes and cutting grass are all beneath them. And it&#39;s a blot on what ever legacy Bush will have. I have rarely been more annoyed than when Bush said immigrants take jobs that Americans won&#39;t do. And then people wonder why teens emulate a bunch of idiot backward-hatted rappers expecting someone will drop a sports car and bankroll on them without hard work or an education. When the president himself says that, it makes that culture of instant gratification seem plausible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]While I agree with you about our border policies, I hope you aren&#39;t suggesting that productivity gains should be elimanated?[/b][/quote]

No. Never said or implied that. Matter of fact, farmers should&#39;ve mechanized in this fashion years and years ago....

Read the article (you may have already) and you&#39;ll see farmers in California "stole" from state tax-payers, with the help of politicians...

The political folks let in millions of indigent illegals that drove down wages. While farmers reaped the profits, the California tax-payers were smacked in the mouth with billions and billions in social welfare costs--state is now beyond bankrupt and is said to be losing at least &#036;10 billion per year (this includes the small sum of sales taxes illegals pay).

Let&#39;s be honest, these machines are displacing the same people that broke our laws and took jobs away from Americans and drove down their wages.

Not for 1 stinking second, do I feel bad for a mainly illegal labor force being devasted by Mechanization or their employers---they, honestly, deserve the fate they forced other into.

But let me ask you this: Why isn&#39;t "mainstream media" not pointing out trends like this, but let Bush talk for days on end about made up "labor shortages"?

[quote][b]And as to social cost, we have the first generation in history that in adolesence feels(they don&#39;t think) flipping burgers, hammering nails, stocking shelves, bussing tables, washing dishes and cutting grass are all beneath them. And it&#39;s a blot on what ever legacy Bush will have. I have rarely been more annoyed than when Bush said immigrants take jobs that Americans won&#39;t do. And then people wonder why teens emulate a bunch of idiot backward-hatted rappers expecting someone will drop a sports car and bankroll on them without hard work or an education. When the president himself says that, it makes that culture of instant gratification seem plausible. [/b][/quote]

I agree 100%....It&#39;s a self-fullfilling prophecy, almost....Say a million times over and over that teens shouldn&#39;t do those jobs and eventually they&#39;ll shy away and find them demeaning....

What&#39;s worse, and I know this first hand from talking to some teens that have been turned away from jobs, is many employers would just rather give a job to a very desperate 47 year old illegal with 5 kids at half the price, because that illegal has no room to ***** or complain--basically becomes a modern day surf.

That&#39;s the whole problem: Bush is winking and nodding at those that want to only pay minimum wages (or less), yet will NOT do anything to stop the enourmous social and financial costs this brings on tax-paying Americans........(again re-read the San Diego story and it&#39;s link, of how suburban California towns now have 3rd world levels of poverty).

It&#39;s just insane, over 80% of American&#39;s want this stopped in it&#39;s tracks (maybe 5% want more illegals) and Bush keeps jamming more and more down our throats :wacko:

The sad part is, and it&#39;s really sad, is that the vocal minority that wants no border control hides behind personal "insults" and "racist" zings to try get there point across....The strange part about the stupidity of the "racist" charges, is minorities are the most affected by this in many places.

I guess since they can&#39;t find any real good reasons for the utter lawlessness in our nation, they just sling crap. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riggins: Are you one of the 240 minute-men milita who are going to be protecting the boarder in Arizona to bring attention to the issue?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 03:01 PM
    [b] Riggins: Are you one of the 240 minute-men milita who are going to be protecting the boarder in Arizona to bring attention to the issue? [/b][/quote]
    No I&#39;m not Section. I wasn&#39;t even aware of that. Actually for a "liberal" I&#39;m proud of you for knowing that before I do... B)

Actually, I realize you&#39;re fully on the side of the over 80% of Americans that are against this Shamnesty Bush is trying to push (spending "political capital" on) , dressed up as a guest-worker thing ....

Honsestly, Section, did you read the link?

If you did, tell me how a sitting American president can go against the will of the American people and amnesty law-breakers in a time of war?

Also, he&#39;s pushing a guest workers/amnesty for jobs that won&#39;t even exist soon :blink:

The stats say farms have been addicted to illegals in California....Right now, they have 2 or 3 illegals for every job available...As mechanization goes forward, there will 10 illegals vying for 1 available farm job....

What happens to the 90% that remains in Cali and can&#39;t find work?

Section, you think the idiots at Fox News will run with this? I say these phony cons won&#39;t touch it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]No I&#39;m not Section. I wasn&#39;t even aware of that. Actually for a "liberal" I&#39;m proud of you for knowing that before I do... [/b][/quote]

What can I say I&#39;m addicted to right-wing radio and they were discussing the issue last night.

[quote][b]Honsestly, Section, did you read the link?

If you did, tell me how a sitting American president can go against the will of the American people and amnesty law-breakers in a time of war?

Also, he&#39;s pushing a guest workers/amnesty for jobs that won&#39;t even exist soon[/b][/quote]

No I didn&#39;t need to read the link, its plain to anyone with their head out of their ass what these neo-cons are all about, money. This isn&#39;t the only issue, but it is a glaring one that most conservatives haven&#39;t even drank the kool-aid yet.

I have nothing morally against conservative values, I don&#39;t agree with most of them, but I can respect them. The neo-cons do not fight for conservative values yet most conservatives think they are. Ronald Reagan Jr. said his father would be disgusted by what the Republican party has become. (I know, I know I heard the rumors that he is gay too, so we should just ignore his views. He is just the son of a President and we all know they have no qualifications.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://paradox.typepad.com/iamparadox/images/bush.jpg[/img]