Thread: Shots Fired

Hall Of Fame
    I love the respect for the law in the metro Detroit area.

All of our officers are OK. It happend about 2 hours after I got off shift last night. They came out of the pub, guns blazing, fired 4 rounds at my friend.

1 suspect in custody

1 still on the run.

2 man crew that robbed a Pizza Hut in a neighboring city the day before.

We can't get the assault rifles for our cars fast enough.

[url=http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4126641/detail.html]http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4126641/detail.html[/url]

ClickOnDetroit.com

Patron, Bartender Shot At Popular Royal Oak Pub

Police Continue Search For Gunman

POSTED: 7:39 am EST January 25, 2005
    UPDATED: 11:11 am EST January 25, 2005

ROYAL OAK, Mich. -- A patron and a bartender were the victims of a shooting early Tuesday morning at a popular Royal Oak pub. Police continue to search for a gunman.

Two men wearing ski masks burst into Duggan's Irish Pub on Woodward Avenue, north of 13 Mile Road, at about 1:15 a.m. and announced a holdup, police said. One man stayed downstairs, while the second thief went upstairs to rob the manager, according to police.

A male friend who was with the female manager confronted the thief, Local 4 learned. He was shot in the leg and expected to recover.

The bartender was shot by the second suspect downstairs, according to police. He was listed in critical condition at a hospital, but was expected to survive.

A witness inside the pub went outside to call police during the robbery. Police arrived at the scene as the two suspects were fleeing the bar.

The gunmen fired shots at police, but officers did not return fire.

Police arrested one of the men at the scene. The second suspect escaped, police said.

Several police departments are assisting the Royal Oak Police Department, and a K-9 unit was brought to the scene. The Oakland County Sheriff's Department brought in a helicopter to search for the gunman.

Police said there were other patrons inside the pub at the time of the robbery and shooting, but the bar was preparing to close for the night and was not very crowded.

Anyone with information should call Royal Oak police at (248) 246-1500.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Is Axel Foley still with your department?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 12:48 PM
    [b] Is Axel Foley still with your department? [/b][/quote]
    He's still on Temporary assignment to BHPD. :lol: