Thread: Can anyone question

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether you or a Pennington fan or not, you can't question this guys desire to win. He was out there playing with a torn rotator cuff, an injury that for a quarterback, can be career threatening, while John Abraham sat on the sidelines with a knee sprain. Just show you the difference in mentality of the two and the willingness of one to go out and leave it all out there on the field for the opportunity to go to the super bowl. To bad 94 isn't as tough or selfless as 10

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tigert9[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 05:03 PM
    [b] Whether you or a Pennington fan or not, you can't question this guys desire to win. He was out there playing with a torn rotator cuff, an injury that for a quarterback, can be career threatening, while John Abraham sat on the sidelines with a knee sprain. Just show you the difference in mentality of the two and the willingness of one to go out and leave it all out there on the field for the opportunity to go to the super bowl. To bad 94 isn't as tough or selfless as 10 [/b][/quote]
    couldn't have said it better myself

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see, both my name and avatar are dedicated to my favorite player, Chad Pennington. However, I don't know how many people pay attention to my posts :P but I almost never partake in the bickering over Chad Pennington. My name is never involed in his noodle arm debates or his large contract. I'm not there to defend him, I just stay out of it.

There is a reason I don't say anything. I see his worth. It transcends the field. This guys wants to be a Jet, he LOVES wearing green, he is comitted to this team. Veyr few players are truly comitted and truly loyal to their teams. He was drafted by us and now he has become the true leader of this organization. You can speculate all you want about Chad's every screw up, but this man will make you happy one day. He is a good guy in the world of obnoxious athletes. What he lacks in physical ability he makes up in heart and desire to win.

Ponder this: Chad got his contract BEFORE the season started. Translation: If Chad decided to sit these last few games, he would still get paid. He would still live in a million dollar mansion, and in reality - his shoulder would have been stronger and healthier. He did not. He played. The money and his immediate health (who knows what could have been) was not a concern. He was there from the start and he was there to end it. He was on the field to support his teamates and the fans who love him when he wins and ***** at him when he messes up.

Penny will screw up. It will happen often. Who even knows how serious his injury really is. But next time you decide to give him crap, remember what kind of player and person he really is. Chad has heart and he gives 110% every single down. What more do you want?