Thread: OT:Already discussed? couldn't find thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reading 5's signature reminded me I rented ND this weekend.

Was that the quirkiest movie you've ever seen.

I caught myself the whole movie alternating between chuckling and thinking, who writes a screenplay like this and what the hell does anything in the movie, or the movie itself, have to do with anything else?

Veird, I tell ya. But mildly entertaining, in a strange sort of way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my favorite movies. First time I saw it I didnt know what to think of it but the whole week I found myself laughing hysterically at scenes I remeberd. I went back to see it and Laughed my butt off.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JStokes[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 05:31 PM
    [b]

Was that the quirkiest movie you've ever seen.

[/b][/quote]

Stokes, watch it 3 or 4 times.

The damn thing gets funnier each time you watch it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally saw it about two weeks ago. I thought it was pretty funny but when I got to work the next morning and started talking about it with everyone who saw it, it became 10 times funnier. Ever since we have been cracking jokes about it and doing impressions in the office.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tina, eat the food. Eat the food. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. My friends and I are obsessed wiht it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Oakliusmaximus[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 05:59 PM
    [b] I finally saw it about two weeks ago. I thought it was pretty funny but when I got to work the next morning and started talking about it with everyone who saw it, it became 10 times funnier. Ever since we have been cracking jokes about it and doing impressions in the office. [/b][/quote]
    Exact same thing happened to me... I rented it from Blockbuster a few weekends back and I thought it was rather funny... but I figured there was no need to buy a copy... sure enough a few days later, I bought the DVD... I was hooked and I didnt even know it... such a fun little movie...

I think my favorite part is when the go to the Rex Kwan Do play and he tells Kip to give him his best shot so instead of trying to punch him, he tries a sweep kick :lol:

a great place for classic quotes from the movie can be found here:

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/quotes]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/quotes[/url]

----------------------------------
    Rex: At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here?
    [points to Napoleon]
    Rex: Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetChefJR[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 06:26 PM
    [b]

I think my favorite part is when the go to the Rex Kwan Do play and he tells Kip to give him his best shot so instead of trying to punch him, he tries a sweep kick :lol:

a great place for classic quotes from the movie can be found here:

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/quotes]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/quotes[/url]

----------------------------------
    Rex: At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here?
    [points to Napoleon]
    Rex: Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it! [/b][/quote]
    It took me a few minutes to figure out, but Rex was one of the friends on the Drew Carey show.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainesville Jet[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 06:01 PM
    [b] Tina, eat the food. Eat the food. [/b][/quote]
    EXACTLY my point.

Who the F*CK thinks something like that up, then decides to actually write it down on paper, then FILM it?

Bizarre.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If y'all didnt know, Kip's wedding scene comes on after the credits.. f'in hilarious

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the wedding.... it was kind of funny.