Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Dolphins looking to Trade down?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins | Trading Down a Possibility? - from [url]www.KFFL.com[/url]
    Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:23:01 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban left open the possibility the team could look to trade down from the No. 2 overall slot in the NFL Draft this year. "I think that all comes to what's available, and what the interest is and what's available from other people," Saban explained. "What problems we could solve from a value standpoint by what we could get for it. I think that's all got to be taken into consideration and weighed and ventured and a decision being made accordingly."

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 05:37 PM
    [b] Dolphins | Trading Down a Possibility? - from [url]www.KFFL.com[/url]
    Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:23:01 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban left open the possibility the team could look to trade down from the No. 2 overall slot in the NFL Draft this year. "I think that all comes to what's available, and what the interest is and what's available from other people," Saban explained. "What problems we could solve from a value standpoint by what we could get for it. I think that's all got to be taken into consideration and weighed and ventured and a decision being made accordingly." [/b][/quote]
    With no true studs in this draft i would be scared picking @ 2.. Whoever goes 1-2 in this draft wouldnt have gone in the top 10 in last years draft....Last years draft was soo deep compared to this year...No true bluechippers out there...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd definitely take that pick! We'll give them this year's first and next year's third. Then I'd take Rolle with that pick :D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news.... every team in the NFL will be evaulating their pick too. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYJFan84[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 05:57 PM
    [b] I'd definitely take that pick! We'll give them this year's first and next year's third. Then I'd take Rolle with that pick :D [/b][/quote]
    you would have to give up alot more than that... if we tag Lamont we might be able to trade him and our 1st and 3rd for that pick.. but even thats reaching it would be more like our 1st and 3rd this year and our 1st next year. its not worth that because there is gonna be a lot of studs in next years draft

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way the Dolphins trade the #2 pick to a division rival unless we overpay by a long shot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sandz+Jan 25 2005, 06:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (sandz @ Jan 25 2005, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NYJFan84[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 05:57 PM
    [b] I&#39;d definitely take that pick&#33; We&#39;ll give them this year&#39;s first and next year&#39;s third. Then I&#39;d take Rolle with that pick :D [/b][/quote]
    you would have to give up alot more than that... if we tag Lamont we might be able to trade him and our 1st and 3rd for that pick.. but even thats reaching it would be more like our 1st and 3rd this year and our 1st next year. its not worth that because there is gonna be a lot of studs in next years draft [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s highway robbery but it is the Dolphins so why bother :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Williams....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chicago is also looking to do the same thing.

Jerry Angelo loves trading down and hoarding picks.

Word is that he is looking for takers for the #4, if Mike Williams is still available.

Would trade down a few spots to nab him and use the picks to shore up weak spots.

Problem is, at this time, no one really jumps out at you. Things might heat up around the Combine, where players might jump up some spots or drop down, but this draft will be very interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Miami isn`t going to help their division oppt. by giving them a better pick & player ...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dallas would be a natural to trade their 2 first round picks for the #2 pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tana[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 07:51 PM
    [b] Dallas would be a natural to trade their 2 first round picks for the #2 pick. [/b][/quote]
    Why do you say that? Dallas has more needs than most teams. At 11 they will get most likely the 2nd best corner and at 21, Thomas Davis to replace Woodson. Or even more likely trade down out of 21 to acquire more picks.