Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Season Will Be Saved

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Jan 28 2005, 03:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Jan 28 2005, 03:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-faba@Jan 28 2005, 03:43 PM
    GGG
    Thanks for the info. I have never been to one of the open practices the Rangers have had-I am sure you would get a different perspective of the game and players.
    Too bad for you no Jeremy lookalikes on the Islanders&#33;
    faba: The Rangers practice???? You&#39;d never know it.

I&#39;d take Trent Hunter or Michael Peca over Jeremy Roenick any day of the week. [/b][/quote]
    GGG
    Touche on the Rangers- I owe you one&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know what ? At this point I don&#39;t even care anymore.

I&#39;m just as happy right now flipping thru the dish and watching classic games on the local FOX sports channels.

Rangers Classics
    Classic Blues
    Classic Penguins
    Classic Blue Jackets ? (I am serious though. That is what FOX SPORTS OHIO is showing)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bugg@Jan 26 2005, 10:50 AM
    No way. If they hand out the Stanley Cup in late July, who&#39;s gonna leave the beach to watch?
    The same 15 people that watch it in June.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN classics is at least I can always relive the Rangers 1994 Cup season-you actually have Trenton Titans and Atlantic City team that I am thinking about possibly checking out to get to see some live hockey action.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The season will be saved says Chris Chelios.

Is this the same Chris Chelios that just signed with the Motor City Mechanics of the United Hockey League??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Feb 1 2005, 07:16 AM
    The season will be saved says Chris Chelios.

Is this the same Chris Chelios that just signed with the Motor City Mechanics of the United Hockey League??
    GGG
    This is your answer to that question
    Red Wings to join Mechanics

BY GEORGE SIPPLE, FREE PRES SPORTS WRITER

Derian Hatcher and Chris Chelios apparently are ready to play professional hockey again in the Detroit area, and Kris Draper might join them. But they will do so with the Motor City Mechanics, not the Red Wings.

The Mechanics have called a news conference for 10 a.m. today at Great Lakes Sports City Arena in Fraser to announce the addition of two Red Wings to their roster. Multiple sources confirmed that Hatcher and Chelios were the players who would sign today with the United Hockey League team. Team president John Tull would not confirm they were the players, but added: "I&#39;m not going to deny that."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Feb 1 2005, 07:23 AM
    GGG

Derian Hatcher and Chris Chelios apparently are ready to play professional hockey again in the Detroit area, and Kris Draper might join them. But they will do so with the Motor City Mechanics, not the Red Wings.

The Mechanics have called a news conference for 10 a.m. today at Great Lakes Sports City Arena in Fraser to announce the addition of two Red Wings to their roster. Multiple sources confirmed that Hatcher and Chelios were the players who would sign today with the United Hockey League team. Team president John Tull would not confirm they were the players, but added: "I&#39;m not going to deny that."
    Isn&#39;t Chelios in his early 40s? No way will he play in the NHL again.

Here we are...it&#39;s February 1st. Are there any talks scheduled for today. It&#39;s such a tease.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Feb 1 2005, 07:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Feb 1 2005, 07:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-faba@Feb 1 2005, 07:23 AM
    GGG

Isn&#39;t Chelios in his early 40s? No way will he play in the NHL again.

Here we are...it&#39;s February 1st. Are there any talks scheduled for today. It&#39;s such a tease. [/b][/quote]
    Still no talking between NHL and players&#39; association

By IRA PODELL, AP Sports Writer
    January 31, 2005

AP - Jan 26, 3:56 pm EST
    More Photos

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NHL and the players&#39; association are now disputing whether they have anything to talk about.

The sides have had just limited contact by phone since Thursday, when the league presented more salary-cap concepts in an effort to reach a new collective bargaining agreement. But even that talking stopped Monday, leaving even less optimism that the hockey season could be saved.

Bill Daly, the NHL&#39;s chief legal officer, expected to hear from the players&#39; association on Monday, but that call never came.

``I&#39;m somewhat surprised that I haven&#39;t heard from the players&#39; association today,&#39;&#39; Daly told The Canadian Press on Monday. ``We broke up on Thursday and both agreed to keep the lines of communication open. [/COLOR]
    ``I&#39;m expecting that at some point we&#39;ll hear back from them with respect to some of the concepts that we discussed on Thursday night.&#39;&#39;

Ted Saskin, the NHLPA&#39;s senior director, said Daly shouldn&#39;t have expected a response from the union regarding the new concepts because they still reflect the salary-cap position of the league.

That is an option the union vows it will never accept.

GGG
    Look at the quote from Daly-shows a real sense of urgency to get the talks to continue- instead of having around the clock talks for an agreement they wait to see if they will get a reply. Chelios I believe is 41 -

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Feb 1 2005, 07:50 AM
    GGG
    Look at the quote from Daly-shows a real sense of urgency to get the talks to continue- instead of having around the clock talks for an agreement they wait to see if they will get a reply. Chelios I believe is 41 -
    It&#39;s such a joke. Put us all out of our misery and just cancel the season today. Neither side is busting their a*s to start the season. They need to set a formal deadline and abide by it. At this rate, we&#39;ll be lucky if we see hockey next season.