Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Scarborough Country

  1. #1
    Anyone else watch this show?

    IMO this is the best political show on the air ... though the topics are also cultural as well

    I like this show better than anything else on the air, including anything on fox which I watch often as a conservative

    Now this show often has a balanced panel of libs and cons, but for the most part the regulars all seem to have a sense of humor which makes it fun ... sometimes I watch this show and laugh out loud ... in fact, some of the biggest laughs I got during election season was from watching SC, and the show has not lost any of it's steam since the election

    Anyhow, if you haven't watched SC you should check it out ... lib or con, I think you'll enjoy SC

    JMO

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In Kicking Pats-a$$ country
    Posts
    874
    It's pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased.

  3. #3
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 01:34 AM
    [b] It's pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    ala the dickhead Bill Maher

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 26 2005, 11:34 PM
    [b] It's pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    I guess Chris Matthews and Tim Russert are a beaming beacon of impartiality. :lol: :lol: :lol:

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,682
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Jan 27 2005, 01:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Jan 27 2005, 01:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 26 2005, 11:34 PM
    [b] It&#39;s pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    I guess Chris Matthews and Tim Russert are a beaming beacon of impartiality. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Hey cmon, don&#39;t knock Russert, he&#39;s a good man, anyway you look at him.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,682
    And a longtime suffering Bills fan to boot. :lol:

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    3,408
    Didn&#39;t Scarborough have a Gary Condit incident? Something about a missing secretary?

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In Kicking Pats-a$$ country
    Posts
    874
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39+Jan 26 2005, 10:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Matt39 @ Jan 26 2005, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 01:34 AM
    [b] It&#39;s pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    ala the dickhead Bill Maher [/b][/quote]
    The difference is that Bill Maher is hilarious, while Scarborough&#39;s just a regular dumbass.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In Kicking Pats-a$$ country
    Posts
    874
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Jan 27 2005, 12:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Jan 27 2005, 12:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 26 2005, 11:34 PM
    [b] It&#39;s pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    I guess Chris Matthews and Tim Russert are a beaming beacon of impartiality. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    You actually think Tweety and Russert are liberal? I mean, seriously, no joke? Russert you can see is much more hostile to Democratic/liberal hosts than Republican/conservative ones. Calling him liberal is just plain ignorant. Every once in a while Tweety sees this light, but he usually just sings the song of the Bush administration. And don&#39;t even get me started on Judy Woodbrain and Candy fat Cowley from CNN, and Leslie Blitzer. Pathetic, every one of em.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In Kicking Pats-a$$ country
    Posts
    874
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 06:39 AM
    [b] Didn&#39;t Scarborough have a Gary Condit incident? Something about a missing secretary? [/b][/quote]
    Actually I believe it was a murdered secretary. By Scarborough.

  11. #11
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Jan 29 2005, 03:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat @ Jan 29 2005, 03:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Matt39@Jan 26 2005, 10:57 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 01:34 AM
    [b] It&#39;s pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    ala the dickhead Bill Maher [/b][/quote]
    The difference is that Bill Maher is hilarious, while Scarborough&#39;s just a regular dumbass. [/b][/quote]
    you would find Maher hilarious.

  12. #12
    [quote][b]Didn&#39;t Scarborough have a Gary Condit incident? Something about a missing secretary? [/b][/quote]


    [url=http://www.americanpolitics.com/20010911Klausutis.html]http://www.americanpolitics.com/20010911Klausutis.html[/url]

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    central jersey
    Posts
    4,047
    Im not sure why im posting this but I noticed the name and Reliazed that Scarborugh is the brother of a very close family friend . Man thats kind of werid.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    3,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by thechadzone10[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 02:07 AM
    [b] Im not sure why im posting this but I noticed the name and Reliazed that Scarborugh is the brother of a very close family friend . Man thats kind of werid. [/b][/quote]
    Ask your family friend if his brother murdered his secretary.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In Kicking Pats-a$$ country
    Posts
    874
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39+Jan 29 2005, 02:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Matt39 @ Jan 29 2005, 02:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 29 2005, 03:25 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Matt39@Jan 26 2005, 10:57 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 01:34 AM
    [b] It&#39;s pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    ala the dickhead Bill Maher [/b][/quote]
    The difference is that Bill Maher is hilarious, while Scarborough&#39;s just a regular dumbass. [/b][/quote]
    you would find Maher hilarious. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m not sure what that means, but yes I suppose I do.

    [url=http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobush/iMovieTheater182.html]http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobush/iMov...Theater182.html[/url]

    This is a clip from his show after the Republican Convention.

    Maher- "But by the looks of your convention, you&#39;d think that the worst thing that ever happened to us was the best thing that ever happened to you. You just can&#39;t keep celebrating the deadliest attack ever as if it&#39;s your personal rendez-vous with greatness."

  16. #16
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 05:24 PM
    [b]

    Maher- "But by the looks of your convention, you&#39;d think that the worst thing that ever happened to us was the best thing that ever happened to you. You just can&#39;t keep celebrating the deadliest attack ever as if it&#39;s your personal rendez-vous with greatness." [/b][/quote]
    Wow. Hilarious.

    Didn&#39;t he call US troops cowards when compared to the brave terrorists who slit stewardesses throats and crashed planes into the WTC?

    Yeah, he is a comedian.

  17. #17
    [quote][b]Didn&#39;t he call US troops cowards when compared to the brave terrorists who slit stewardesses throats and crashed planes into the WTC? [/b][/quote]

    No. He didn&#39;t.

    [url=http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24606]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=24606[/url]

  18. #18
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39+Jan 29 2005, 04:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Matt39 @ Jan 29 2005, 04:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 29 2005, 03:25 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Matt39@Jan 26 2005, 10:57 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 01:34 AM
    [b] It&#39;s pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    ala the dickhead Bill Maher [/b][/quote]
    The difference is that Bill Maher is hilarious, while Scarborough&#39;s just a regular dumbass. [/b][/quote]
    you would find Maher hilarious. [/b][/quote]
    IMO, the bias is close to equal. Maher has an agenda as does JS. The clear difference is that Maher is doing a comedy show on HBO. He&#39;s not a poli expert, just an opinionated comic. SC is a news show on a news channel.

    Maher says some stupid things, but also makes a lot of good points that the conservative owned media never does.

  19. #19
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin+Feb 3 2005, 10:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet-Zeppelin @ Feb 3 2005, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> -[quote]Originally posted by Matt39@Jan 29 2005, 04:42 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 29 2005, 03:25 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Matt39@Jan 26 2005, 10:57 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 01:34 AM
    [b] It&#39;s pretty hard to watch with an ignorant conservative jerk like Joe Scarborough, whenever I turn it on he seems to have 1 Republican and 1 Democratic guest, which from the start makes it unbalanced because the host is blatantly biased. [/b][/quote]
    ala the dickhead Bill Maher [/b][/quote]
    The difference is that Bill Maher is hilarious, while Scarborough&#39;s just a regular dumbass. [/b][/quote]
    you would find Maher hilarious. [/b][/quote]
    IMO, the bias is close to equal. Maher has an agenda as does JS. The clear difference is that Maher is doing a comedy show on HBO. He&#39;s not a poli expert, just an opinionated comic. SC is a news show on a news channel.

    Maher says some stupid things, but also makes a lot of good points that the conservative owned media never does. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, SC is an opinion and analysis show just like Maher&#39;s show. It is not passed off as news.

    The fact that you refer to the "liberal media" as conservative owned is interesting. I suppose if you say it often enough you might start to believe it. I suppose in your view Ted Turner is a right wing wako and the only "news organization" that tells it like it is is WLIB and Err America.

  20. #20
    Personally, as an Independant, I find BOTH staunch Republicans and Democrats to be MORONS.

    Don&#39;t feel bad you are all EQUALLY worthless&#33;

    The thing is I would watch a show like this because BOTH parties have good things to contribute to the status quo. However, NEVER enough to say, "I am a Dem or Rep for life&#33;"........

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us