Thread: Lets Hope is true

Veteran
    As you most know, I am the biggest skeptic on this....but lets hope this time its true

Friday, January 28, 2005 Last updated 7:40 a.m. PT

Iraqis close to capturing al-Zarqawi

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Authorities have captured three lieutenants of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi are close to arresting the terror mastermind himself, Iraq's deputy prime minister said Friday.

Deputy Prime Minister Barham Saleh told reporters that al-Zarqawi's military adviser, an Iraqi named Anad Mohammed Qais, 31, had been arrested. Earlier Friday, another Iraqi official said two other al-Zarqawi aides had been nabbed, including his chief of operations for Baghdad.

Asked if authorities were close to arresting al-Zarqawi himself, Saleh replied: "We are getting close to finishing off al-Zarqawi and we will get rid of him."

All League
    I heard the other day he was arrested when we seized Fallujah and that they let him go because they didn't know who he was.

i just can't wait for them to capture this guy so that all terrorism will cease and our troops can come home... :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 28 2005, 12:15 PM
    [b] i just can't wait for them to capture this guy so that all terrorism will cease and our troops can come home... :blink: [/b][/quote]
    You're a child....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 28 2005, 11:02 AM
    [b] I heard the other day he was arrested when we seized Fallujah and that they let him go because they didn't know who he was. [/b][/quote]
    I thought I heard the same thing when I was down in Vegas (my memory is a little cloudy...just got back from a 5-day winning spree...thanks Bellagio). The Iraqis supposedly had him but didn't know it. That's an unacceptable f-up, whoever is responsible for it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Feb 1 2005, 10:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ Feb 1 2005, 10:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 28 2005, 11:02 AM
    [b] I heard the other day he was arrested when we seized Fallujah and that they let him go because they didn&#39;t know who he was. [/b][/quote]
    I thought I heard the same thing when I was down in Vegas (my memory is a little cloudy...just got back from a 5-day winning spree...thanks Bellagio). The Iraqis supposedly had him but didn&#39;t know it. That&#39;s an unacceptable f-up, whoever is responsible for it. [/b][/quote]
    That was suppose to have happened last October but the story is mere speculation.

geez if only they could catch this guy... then terrorism would be OVER&#33;

cause he&#39;s in charge right - and if we catch the guy in charge all the other vampires turn to dust&#33; it&#39;s flawless logic and cannot fail&#33;

go get em George&#33; :lol:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:36 AM
    [b] geez if only they could catch this guy... then terrorism would be OVER&#33;

cause he&#39;s in charge right - and if we catch the guy in charge all the other vampires turn to dust&#33; it&#39;s flawless logic and cannot fail&#33;

go get em George&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Hey, if we would just ignore him, in no time at all he&#39;d be organizing multi-faith kumbayah singalongs and telling his followers to focus on helping little old ladies cross the street.

shakin cmon that&#39;s granola commie talk

why won&#39;t you realize the only proper response to a single terrorist event is to fight an endless open-ended police conflict 6000 miles away? so what if it costs trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives? it&#39;s a small price to pay so that soccer moms can drive their minivans with confidence.

i can&#39;t wait until we capture and kill all the evil muslims and convert the rest to Christianity - yeah it might take until Jeb Bush&#39;s second term but oh what a utopia we shall be living in then&#33;&#33;

my only real concern is what if the rapture happens before we can kill all the evil muslims? that would be terrible - the streets must run red with the blood of the infidels&#33;&#33;

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:48 AM
    [b] shakin cmon that&#39;s granola commie talk

why won&#39;t you realize the only proper response to a single terrorist event is to fight an endless open-ended police conflict 6000 miles away? so what if it costs trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives? it&#39;s a small price to pay so that soccer moms can drive their minivans with confidence.

i can&#39;t wait until we capture and kill all the evil muslims and convert the rest to Christianity - yeah it might take until Jeb Bush&#39;s second term but oh what a utopia we shall be living in then&#33;&#33;

my only real concern is what if the rapture happens before we can kill all the evil muslims? that would be terrible - the streets must run red with the blood of the infidels&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    bit, wake up. Radical Islam has targeted America and Americans for well over 30 years.

1973 Bombing at Athens Airport (TWA flight to NY), 3 Americans killed

1974 Bombing of TWA flight 841 (to NY), 88 killed

1983 Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Beirut, 63 killed

1983 Bombing of Marine barracks in Beirut, 220 U.S. Marines killed

1985 Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Aukur, Lebanon, 24 killed

1985 Hijacking of the Achille Lauro, 1 American citizen killed

1985 Hijacking of TWA flight 847, 1 U.S. Sailor tortured, beaten and killed

1985 Bombing of Arrow Air flight, 256 Americans (248 U.S. Soldiers) killed

1987 Missile strike on the USS Stark, 37 Navymen killed

1988 Bombing of U.S. Pan Am flight over Lockerbie, 270 people killed

1993 World Trade Center bombing, 6 people killed

1996 Bombing of Khobar Towers, Dhahran, 19 U.S. servicemen killed

1998 Kenya/Tanzania U.S. Embassy bombings, 258 people killed

2000 Bombing of USS Cole, 17 Sailors killed

Go ahead now, and ignore your original "single terrorist act" line and deflect to how it&#39;s all America&#39;s fault.

dude im agreeing with you&#33;&#33; read the post - i was only counting 1 event because that&#39;s all i needed - but obviously after 30 years of unprovoked attacks (we were just minding our own business, right?) we owe it to God and Country to kill as many of these animals as possible. How dare they attack us after all the good we&#39;ve done for their region over the years.

frankly i don&#39;t think the US is doing enough - why aren&#39;t we hosing them down with pigs blood like Gen MacArthur? i mean really we have to cut out all this rebuilding of gov&#39;t and just get on with the widespread killing - because after all these people are motivated by nothing but pure craziness&#33; they are insane because the Koran teaches them to be that way&#33; insanity doesn&#39;t require kid gloves - maybe we should be employing electro-shock treatment

im with you guys, kill em all and let Allah sort em out

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 11:26 AM
    [b] dude im agreeing with you&#33;&#33; read the post - i was only counting 1 event because that&#39;s all i needed - but obviously after 30 years of unprovoked attacks (we were just minding our own business, right?) we owe it to God and Country to kill as many of these animals as possible. How dare they attack us after all the good we&#39;ve done for their region over the years.

frankly i don&#39;t think the US is doing enough - why aren&#39;t we hosing them down with pigs blood like Gen MacArthur? i mean really we have to cut out all this rebuilding of gov&#39;t and just get on with the widespread killing - because after all these people are motivated by nothing but pure craziness&#33; they are insane because the Koran teaches them to be that way&#33; insanity doesn&#39;t require kid gloves - maybe we should be employing electro-shock treatment

im with you guys, kill em all and let Allah sort em out [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m still too hungover and jet-lagged to figure out if you&#39;re being sarcastic. Time to hit the hay