Thread: Trevor Ariza

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only bright spot of this Knick skid is Tim Thomas going on the IR to make room for Ariza. He is a major part of our future, which actually doesnt really say a lot about our future. But I love the experience this kid is getting, I really believe he will be one of the next great Knicks in years to come.

Herb, please give him 30-35 a night...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    hes a great player, i think hes a big part of the knicks future. He needs to change the form on his jumpshot though. He needs to shoot more like Tmac instead of Kurt Thomas. He shoots before he jumps, like hes in middle school.

But Mike Sweetney is the key to the Knicks future. His post game combined with his rebounding abilities is what the Knicks have been lacking since Pat Ewing left. His post game is legit, we just gotta give him more touches. I think he should start alongside Kurt Thomas. Kurts 6'9, mohameds 6'10 so were not exactly losing size, and Nazrs not a shotblocker anyway. Kurt compliments Sweets post game well with his outside shot, and that gives Sweetney more room to operate

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Sweetnuts@Jan 29 2005, 10:26 AM
    hes a great player, i think hes a big part of the knicks future. He needs to change the form on his jumpshot though. He needs to shoot more like Tmac instead of Kurt Thomas. He shoots before he jumps, like hes in middle school.

But Mike Sweetney is the key to the Knicks future. His post game combined with his rebounding abilities is what the Knicks have been lacking since Pat Ewing left. His post game is legit, we just gotta give him more touches. I think he should start alongside Kurt Thomas. Kurts 6'9, mohameds 6'10 so were not exactly losing size, and Nazrs not a shotblocker anyway. Kurt compliments Sweets post game well with his outside shot, and that gives Sweetney more room to operate
    haha I'm not even a Knick fan and I'm a fan of Sweetney...It's a crime they don't give him more minutes!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Sweetnuts@Jan 29 2005, 10:26 AM

Sweetney will be a lot better when his waste line doesn't match his point totals for 4 games.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to really disagree with you guys saying sweetney is the future. Sweetneys game is no where near the new type of game the new power fowards are bringing. Amare Stoudamire and Kenyon Martin are the type of power forwards that the knicks need. Not Sweetney, And as for Ariza. Ariza is great, this kid is going to be a star, he needs to work on his jumpshot and some of his ball moves and he will be awesome. He also needs to add a lot of muscle. Hes got some development ahead of him, but he is a great young talent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big fan of Arize, but can we take it easy on calling him great?! A great 2nd round pick, a good young talent, but please let's not throw around the word great like this.

I don't think Sweetney will ever be anything more than a below-average starter or above-average backup PF, at least he hasn't shown anything to suggest he would be. I think the Knicks biggest problem is their forwards, so little offensive production from them, and pretty poor defensively too. I don't really know what's available in trades, but one guy who's supposed to be on the block (and always is) who I'd like to get is Shareef Abdur-Rahim, can give you 15+ points a game inside, 8 boards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've given up hope for the Knicks this year, I agree we should play Ariza more for the future

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    anybody else disappointed that Ariza is not on the Rookie Challenge roster? They only take 10 guys, but still...Tony Allen?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate the Celtics with a passion but I saw them play about a month ago and Allen and Al Jefferson really impressed me. Both are rookies and have a lot of potential. Those two guys will make a big impact in Boston in like 2-3 years. They'll be pretty nasty. Nets will still mess em up though lol! N-E-T-S NETS NETS NETS!