Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NBA's Best PG Leads His Team to 61 Pts

TomShane
    Quite embarrassing for the young punk-***** to proclaim himself the best PG in the league, and then to have his team lose, what is it now, 17 straight? 61 points againts the Pistons? Are you kidding me? It was bad enough watching Starbury get his ass kicked against Kirk Hinrich, but now this? :lol:

Meanwhile, over in Jersey, JKidd is leading his squad of CBA talent and Vince Carter to a revival and should new be the favorites to take the pathetic Atlantic Division in another week. If they get a sniff of a big man, and I mean ANYBODY who can run and catch that is over 6'7", nobody is going to want to play them in the playoffs. Nobody.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better trade him while he has value, the Knicks are worse with him than with Eisley/Ward.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    haha i love how he thinks he's the best PG in the league...a PG that shoots first and passes second will never be best in the league. Best PG's in the league are Nash, Kidd, Brevin Night, Jamaal Tinsley, Bibby, then maybe Stoudamire. He's a great player, but best point guard, come on that's just a joke.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by preludepunk@Jan 30 2005, 03:48 AM
    haha i love how he thinks he's the best PG in the league...a PG that shoots first and passes second will never be best in the league. Best PG's in the league are Nash, Kidd, Brevin Night, Jamaal Tinsley, Bibby, then maybe Stoudamire. He's a great player, but best point guard, come on that's just a joke.
    Brevin Knight, Jamaal Tinsley, and Damon Stoudamire??

:blink:

you cant call Marbury a shoot first pass second PG and then say Bibby and Stoudamire are some of the best PG's in the league...

Regardless of the record, Marbury is clearly a top 5 pg in the league even now

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now the Knicks would be best suited to deal Jamal Crawford and bring in a point guard and get over the nonsense of Marbury and move him to the 2 spot. The guy simply can not play point in the NBA and win. Everywhere he goes he loses. Everywhere he leaves gets better. He has zero trade value. He makes a fortune and will never be a guy to make a team into a winning team and I think the word is out on him throughout the league now.

I dont even get how anyone can call him a top 5 PG in the league. He's a good scorer and thats about it. He's not a great scorer he's a good one. He's a better than average passer. He is a horrible decision maker. Im not sure I would even call him a top 15 PG. because of that. If you went and polled every GM other than Isiah to rank the top PGs I'd be shocked if any of them put Steph in the top 10. As the 2 he might be close to the top 10. Definitely top 15 offensively. His problems will be that he may be too small defensively, so he would need to be paired with a bigger PG. No team is going to win with Marbury running the show.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    About 5 minutes left, I have the Clips -5.5 and getting worried. Starbury comes through with 4 straight turnovers and the money is mine.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    knicks worst month in TEAM HISTORY!

lets celebrate! oh wait...that sucks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EZV+Jan 31 2005, 02:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EZV @ Jan 31 2005, 02:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-preludepunk@Jan 30 2005, 03:48 AM
    haha i love how he thinks he&#39;s the best PG in the league...a PG that shoots first and passes second will never be best in the league. Best PG&#39;s in the league are Nash, Kidd, Brevin Night, Jamaal Tinsley, Bibby, then maybe Stoudamire. He&#39;s a great player, but best point guard, come on that&#39;s just a joke.
    Brevin Knight, Jamaal Tinsley, and Damon Stoudamire??

:blink:

you cant call Marbury a shoot first pass second PG and then say Bibby and Stoudamire are some of the best PG&#39;s in the league...

Regardless of the record, Marbury is clearly a top 5 pg in the league even now [/b][/quote]
    I definately think tinsley and knight are 10 times better than marbury. They know how to run their team. They get the ball to their guys when they need to. I am totally cool with knight getting 7-8ppg and racking up 9+ assists almost every single game. He&#39;s a team player. Marbury passes the ball when he can&#39;t take a shot. If I was creating a team, Marbury would be like 10th on my list on PG&#39;s I want. Hell, I&#39;d even take like Dan Dickau over him. PG&#39;s have to be the best team players on the team. Marbury is the poorest excuse for a team player behind Iverson.

TomShane
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 1 2005, 12:50 AM
    About 5 minutes left, I have the Clips -5.5 and getting worried. Starbury comes through with 4 straight turnovers and the money is mine.
    Jumba, I saw that too. It looked like somebody else had a little money on the game. <HINT> He wears #3 for the Knicks. :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TomShane+Feb 1 2005, 07:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Feb 1 2005, 07:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JumbalayaJet@Feb 1 2005, 12:50 AM
    Jumba, I saw that too. It looked like somebody else had a little money on the game. <HINT> He wears #3 for the Knicks. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I listened on the radio on the way to slumberland. The announcer was incredulous, "and there goes yet another weak one-handed pass to Crawford." Then when he stepped on the line I knew the Knicks were cooked. :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Nets look like they are going to beat the Bulls tonight-only 2 and a half games out of first. They also play at home (whatever that is worth being it is the Meadowlands) for 12 out of 15 games in February.

TomShane
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+Feb 1 2005, 09:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JumbalayaJet @ Feb 1 2005, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by TomShane@Feb 1 2005, 07:15 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-JumbalayaJet
    @Feb 1 2005, 12:50 AM

Jumba, I saw that too. It looked like somebody else had a little money on the game. <HINT> He wears #3 for the Knicks. :lol:
    I listened on the radio on the way to slumberland. The announcer was incredulous, "and there goes yet another weak one-handed pass to Crawford." Then when he stepped on the line I knew the Knicks were cooked. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Jumba, it&#39;s funny as hell. Marv Albert got fired for being too negative about the Knicks in his broadcasts last season, so all the TV guys this year are biting their tongue like crazy during this losing stretch. It&#39;s hysterical listening to Andraise(sp) and Breen trying to sugar-coat things, while Clyde rips up on them. Big balls on that Walt Clyde Frazier, I tellya. :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love Clyde. He was styling right along w/ Joe Willy. There&#39;s one guy Dolans won&#39;t dare fire.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marbury is clearly the third best point guard in the league behind Kidd and Nash. And the knicks need to do something. What they have to do is trade players with bigger contracts for expiring ones, what the bulls did to get rid of jamal crawford, and what the suns did to get rid of marbury, look at what the suns did, they traded marbury and penny hardaway pretty much for nash and q. richardson. and now they are one of the best teams in the league. Trade players of worth for expiring contracts, its simple. But overall the knicks need to rebuild, get rid of the whole team except for sweetney and ariza, and rebuild.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about them Nets? :lol: 110-89

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to win some money, it probably isn&#39;t a good idea to make betting on the Clippers a habit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Troll@Feb 2 2005, 10:22 PM
    If you want to win some money, it probably isn&#39;t a good idea to make betting on the Clippers a habit.
    Yeah, but I got by with a little help from the #1 PG.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wildthing2022000@Feb 2 2005, 09:31 PM
    How about them Nets? :lol: 110-89
    Yeah, Bahston&#39;s doing slightly better lately, but if Frank finds a way through all these injuries the Nets will be fine. There&#39;s gonna be another adjustment period when they get all the bodies back and put the CBA&#39;ers back on the bus, but I can&#39;t see any reason why they can&#39;t at least win this division. Maybe even a series or 2 in the PO&#39;s, ya never know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marbury is clearly the third best point guard in the league behind Kidd and Nash.
    What&#39;s the color of the sky on your planet? If Marbury was a FA tommorrow, he might get a fraction of what he&#39;s making now and only because people might take a flyer on him and hope he suddenly grows up. He&#39;s headed for that Kenny Anderson/Kenny Smith-type career of getting over on reputation, until his team sees his act of shoot first/no defense long-term. At which point they dump him on someone else, who overlook the dumbass aspects of his game and personailty that makes him worht much less than his talent might dictate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet#24Eventually@Feb 2 2005, 06:57 PM
    Marbury is clearly the third best point guard in the league behind Kidd and Nash.
    In what way? In the East alone I have him at best the fourth best this season behind Kidd, Arenas, and Iverson. And he is at the point where he has to be lumped in with Brevin Knight, Jamal Tinsley, Damon Jones, Steve Francis, Jeff McInnis, and Chauncey Billups. You could probably make an argument to say that Tinsley, Knight, Francis, and Mcinnis should be rated higher than Steph this season. The Knicks were a better team with Ward and Eisley leading the way. Marbury is a middle of the road PG for a team. Maybe third best in the Atlantic.....