Thread: Birth of a Nation

Gotta be honest ... I always viewed the war in Iraq as a strategic part of the war on terror ... the reasons why I believe that are not important ... the point is, I confess that the Iraqi people were never very high on my list of priorities

But today as I watched those people taking their lives into their hands to get out and vote ... and how they did so with such pride and joy ... it nearly brought a tear to my eye

I felt like I witnessed the birth of freedom in Iraq ... the birth of a nation ... and I was able to imagine what it must have been like in the 1700's at the birth of our nation ... and even typing that leaves me in awe

Today George W. Bush is the BIG WINNER in the United States ... and he has left his liberal critics in ruins

How foolish must the NY Times feel today?

How foolish must Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and the rest of these hollow men feel today?

How foolish must all of those voices who fought against the cause of freedom in Iraq feel now?

How shameless must they be to look upon todays events and not feel like crawling under a rock?

Today, my friends, we witnessed the birth of a nation ... because ONE MAN had the courage of his convictions as he suffered the slings and arrows of the sophisticates and elites ... and that ONE MAN is George W. Bush

Mark it down, my friends ... this man will go down as one of the Greatest President's in American history ... take book on it ... cause this simple man who is not smart enough for the elites has one thing they'll never understand ... HE'S A GOOD AND DECENT MAN ... and all he has accomplished here was borne out of his inate sense of decency

What a Great and Proud day to be an American

hammer one swallow does not make a summer -

this gov't could very well still collapse due to civil war in the next couple of years

fully 1/3 of the population (SUNNI) did not participate - im not saying its definately gonna happen but civil war is a very real risk

ill give Bush his props if he can pull it off but just holding a vote doesn't mean the Iraqi gov't is a success - the real verdict will take years to come in...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 10:32 PM
    [b] Gotta be honest ... I always viewed the war in Iraq as a strategic part of the war on terror ... the reasons why I believe that are not important ... the point is, I confess that the Iraqi people were never very high on my list of priorities

But today as I watched those people taking their lives into their hands to get out and vote ... and how they did so with such pride and joy ... it nearly brought a tear to my eye

I felt like I witnessed the birth of freedom in Iraq ... the birth of a nation ... and I was able to imagine what it must have been like in the 1700's at the birth of our nation ... and even typing that leaves me in awe

Today George W. Bush is the BIG WINNER in the United States ... and he has left his liberal critics in ruins

How foolish must the NY Times feel today?

How foolish must Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and the rest of these hollow men feel today?

How foolish must all of those voices who fought against the cause of freedom in Iraq feel now?

How shameless must they be to look upon todays events and not feel like crawling under a rock?

Today, my friends, we witnessed the birth of a nation ... because ONE MAN had the courage of his convictions as he suffered the slings and arrows of the sophisticates and elites ... and that ONE MAN is George W. Bush

Mark it down, my friends ... this man will go down as one of the Greatest President's in American history ... take book on it ... cause this simple man who is not smart enough for the elites has one thing they'll never understand ... HE'S A GOOD AND DECENT MAN ... and all he has accomplished here was borne out of his inate sense of decency

What a Great and Proud day to be an American [/b][/quote]
    great post Ham